Double Silence Akimbo Pistol

(taw_m0nsta) #1

Yeah right! Is that a bug in the in-game Stats page? I have been shooting with the Double Akimbo Pistol, but a Double Silence Akimbo Pistol?? Hack! :eek:

(Crytiqal) #2

It’s easier to get these when you are using the scoped AR instead of the sniper rifle I reckon.

(Dthy) #3

Double akimbo? How the hell do you get four arms? :smiley: I think the easiest way to get it is to play medic to get level four weapons, then switch to covie, since weapons xp rewards are shared across all classes in a game/campaign.

(Crytiqal) #4

The easiest way is playing strogg technician and then switch to GDF :stuck_out_tongue:

(Dthy) #5

True, but sometimes you can’t switch over :stuck_out_tongue:

(m0nsta) #6

But, but, yeh ok ‘Double’ Akimbo was maybe a bit too much. But i am testing offline with all rewards on max by default, the convertops gets a ‘Silenced’ machine gun, not a 2 x ‘Silenced’ Pistol. Are you very sure?

(m0nsta) #7

Dammt, i now have 2 accounts :frowning: 1 for my iPhone (dont know the password, and reset pass by email doesnt work, no email, but Safari seems to keep me logged in forever) and a new account for my desktop. Oh well…

(Violator) #8

You can get these if you get regular akimbo pistols as rambo med then switch to covert having not got the machine pistol. I’ve had them a couple of times.

(taw_m0nsta) #9

Sweet… im gonna try to alter the proficiency.def, maybe I can set them as default. (or without required switch to gdf)

(light_sh4v0r) #10

To get silenced akimbo pistols you need to earn level 4 light weapons and be covert ops, which has nothing to do with the silenced machine pistol which is a covert ops reward.
Play till you get akimbo’s and then switch to covert ops to behold the silenced akimbo’s :slight_smile:

(taw_m0nsta) #11

I changed the roles_gdf.def. Its now a default weapon :smiley: The reason I want it that way is because I am planning weekly event on TAW servers called Thunderbolts. Settings will be slightly different since we’re using the QWTA3.5 weapon set, vanilla walk/strafe settings. An interesting fact of Thunderbolts is that members can sign for First Blood (1v1 match), and from there on teams grow each round. So we start with the smallest maps (including instagib death match maps) and end up with the major maps and teams of 16 players. I would love to tell more about it and show you guys the Thunderbolts video teaser, but at the moment its still under development and for members only. We do have public QWTA servers, so who knows where Thunderbolts will end.

(taw_m0nsta) #12

Peww pewww :penguin:

(Crytiqal) #13

I played with silenced akimbo today just to see how it worked.

Play to LW lvl4, then swap and voila.
The bad thing is, you get an “weapon upgrade” after playing a bit as covert and you get the Silenced MP instead xD

(light_sh4v0r) #14

akimbo silenced mp would be properly powerful :slight_smile: