Double Credits Weekend Incoming!

(_Sniff_) #21

[quote=“Kay-Dubz;42286”]Yay…now everyone can get Phantom. Objective based shooter? pffft. Its time for a Dynasty Warriors hack and slash throwback :wink:

Looks like Ill be joining other gamers who abandon this game until this unbalanced merc is fixed or removed. [/quote]

You can fix him with bullets in this objective based shooter.

(KayDubz) #22

[quote=“Sniff;42288”][quote=“Kay-Dubz;42286”]Yay…now everyone can get Phantom. Objective based shooter? pffft. Its time for a Dynasty Warriors hack and slash throwback :wink:

Looks like Ill be joining other gamers who abandon this game until this unbalanced merc is fixed or removed. [/quote]

You can fix him with bullets in this objective based shooter.[/quote]

Oh…you mean the all the bullets needed to take down his shield? By which time he’s already cut me once?

Lets see…1hk Katana that can kill multiple people…Speed…good SMG…invisibility with a very short cooldown…shield that renders orbital strike and mines ineffective…and a shield that nerfs headshots. Sounds legit.

What is his weakness or drawback exactly? Every other merc has an obvious drawback, and can easily be countered. Phantom, not so much. There’s a reason he didnt make it out of closed beta b4 and has numerous complaints and needed a bunch of retooling.

(Nail) #23

your inability to adapt is no reason to nerf, Heartbeat Sensor renders his cloak/shield useless, shotguns smoke him, so do grenades, air strikes, and artillery, he’s not that hard to see once you figure it out. melee is the same for all

(KayDubz) #24

Clearly you havent seen the reddit sticky where the devs admit they made mistakes with this update.

So no, its nothing to do with my “inability”. Heartbeat sensors have limited radius…and once Phantom uses his speed to blaze past a sensor, he can easily reach my team and kill someone because of his armor and health, which combined is 195 HP.

So spare me the bologna.

If I was incorrect, there wouldnt be such a huge portion of the community in uproar…and the devs wouldnt have to be addressing the entire community just one day after the update. Ive never seen that with merc updates in the past.

(Aeido) #25

Shotguns smoke EVERYONE, so do grenades, air strikes, and artillery. He may not be hard to see for some players, but that does not render him balanced. He is definitely strong in this patch, but it remains to be determined if he will remain so once other mercs are released and/or other characters receive a buff. I guess my point is that we just need to give it time.

(affableTricycle) #26

Normally I’d play non stop on a double credits weekend. Maybe get Fletcher with the credits I get from it. Unfortunately Phantom means that I won’t be playing much, unless he’s toned down. He adds nothing to the game except frustration.

(Wolffe7) #27

[quote=“MissMurder;13862”]http://i.imgur.com/4aod0Ux.png

Phantom’s snuck his way into London and, like any true American, hiring his services is going to cost you. [/quote]

Maaaaan. If that Phantom was a Brit. He would sing LoadsAMoney xD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULeDlxa3gyc

(Eox) #28

With all that ruckus in game, that double credits week end will be hard to enjoy.

It’s still a nice thing though.

(scorchingPainting) #29

Clearly you havent seen the reddit sticky where the devs admit they made mistakes with this update.
[/quote]

You mean the one where they said “We realise all of you are a bit upset about Phantom, but we want to let it cool down and not knee-jerk update it until people adapt”? Also pointing out that there was similar community backlash about Rhino and we all know that Rhino is nowhere even close to OP. Same with Marty, its probably the worst ability in the game, but slandered as the most OP. Give it some time.

Personally, I feel he needs a few tweaks, but the whole “Im quitting until he is “fixed” or removed.” is just a plain stupid movement. He isnt broken, so he doesnt need “fixing”. He can be dealt with, sometimes quite easily, others not. What would be the point of a merc that runs around at 90% invis (In practice, quite easily spottable), with no shield, no primary weapon and a Katana that does say 70% of its current damage. He would be an absolute dogshit piece of game design. He would be fucking dreadful. He wouldnt even be good in the hands of skilled players, he’d just be a handicap. It’d be retarded.

TLDR; SD don’t want to insta-nerf Phantom so people can adapt, Phantom would be dogshit with peoples suggested nerfs.

(Inkorp) #30

Cr? not XP? I guess you’re about to find out how bad the hacking problem in Competitive REALLY is hahaha

(Diosito) #31

I have 140 K credits and all the loadouts I want, all we need is Aimee :stuck_out_tongue:

Abbadon
Abaddon

(Bellarose) #32

And again all i’m seeing mostly here is negativity.
Just a few weeks back most of the whiners were complaining about how hard it was to farm credits.

With this event being deployed, ya’ll are still complaining because the butthurt with the Phantom release is still apparent.

Anywaaaays.
@MissMurder can’t wait for this. I need more credits to score them Colbalt for Sparks!

Her outfit is to die for!!

Ps: Anyway of implementing… pink? :open_mouth:
Love ya
http://31.media.tumblr.com/464c2f3c0b51f5085e8d8363bf5c212a/tumblr_mlkac1LlWZ1r1okmxo1_500.gif

(scarfino) #33

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/b7/b7bdb23bdf4c45c4ed1b762f5f825315ef733cbd767c7f1cc0da6e016ded9db7.jpg

(scarfino) #34

[quote=“Bellarose;42639”][center]
And again all i’m seeing mostly here is negativity.
Just a few weeks back most of the whiners were complaining about how hard it was to farm credits.

With this event being deployed, ya’ll are still complaining because the butthurt with the Phantom release is still apparent.

Anywaaaays.
@MissMurder can’t wait for this. I need more credits to score them Colbalt for Sparks!

Her outfit is to die for!!

Ps: Anyway of implementing… pink? :open_mouth:
Love ya

[/center][/quote]

pink hair sparks? :open_mouth:

(Treboras) #35

no hate nor whine from me!

Love dirty bomb and I don’t obsess with every step of DEVELOPMENT … yeah it’s something, that develops. You can never find something great until you try.

Thumbs up for Phantom! Never played him, he is annoying as fuck, LOVE IT! :smiley:
(note that annoying is not the same as overpowered. I think he fits very well and brings some really interesting gameplay and diversity to the game and I think that’s what’s it about)

Waited for another credits weekend to get me some nice credit booster! up to 1k credits a match without missions is just heaven :smiley:

(Wolffe7) #36

Finally someone who thinks the same way as I do! You sir deserve a cookie !

([TSB]Warfoolz) #37

Oh well, time to buy some credit boosters

(Bellarose) #38

[center][quote=“scarfino;42649”]

pink hair sparks? :open_mouth: [/quote]

Your sweet nothings made me a very happy girl today.
https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/pc5u5CHU5k31Q1_g5ZzXLQ--/YXBwaWQ9bWFnYXppbmVzO3c9NTAw/https://s.yimg.com/os/publish-images/omg/2015-04-28/f63e8ca0-ed92-11e4-8765-590effab819d_mariah1.gif
[/center]

(Kaos88) #39

[/quote]

You mean the one where they said “We realise all of you are a bit upset about Phantom, but we want to let it cool down and not knee-jerk update it until people adapt”? Also pointing out that there was similar community backlash about Rhino and we all know that Rhino is nowhere even close to OP. Same with Marty, its probably the worst ability in the game, but slandered as the most OP. Give it some time.

Personally, I feel he needs a few tweaks, but the whole “Im quitting until he is “fixed” or removed.” is just a plain stupid movement. He isnt broken, so he doesnt need “fixing”. He can be dealt with, sometimes quite easily, others not. What would be the point of a merc that runs around at 90% invis (In practice, quite easily spottable), with no shield, no primary weapon and a Katana that does say 70% of its current damage. He would be an absolute dogshit piece of game design. He would be fucking dreadful. He wouldnt even be good in the hands of skilled players, he’d just be a handicap. It’d be retarded.

TLDR; SD don’t want to insta-nerf Phantom so people can adapt, Phantom would be dogshit with peoples suggested nerfs.[/quote]
Some1 with a good SMG and 120 HP will be shit? I don’t think so somehow. I actually want him to be so badly nerfed no1 plays him. He shouldn’t be in the game in the 1st place.

(Nail) #40

So no, its nothing to do with my “inability”. Heartbeat sensors have limited radius…and once Phantom uses his speed to blaze past a sensor, he can easily reach my team and kill someone because of his armor and health, which combined is 195 HP.

So spare me the bologna.

If I was incorrect, there wouldnt be such a huge portion of the community in uproar…and the devs wouldnt have to be addressing the entire community just one day after the update. Ive never seen that with merc updates in the past.
[/quote]

I saw it and understood it, something you didn’t
lol. One Direction prolly your fav band
I’ve been involved with Splash Damage games for a long time, got a pretty good idea how they function