DIRTY BOMB UPDATE: Version 16895

(mikeX) #61

I hear up to 20 mines beeping at some stages, it’s just ridiculous. Please fix that! One, max. two mines per engineer.

(zeroooo) #62

u did it again, first everybody lamed around with knife, now when u cant kill ppl with knife anymore with just running straight to them, you patched in the engi with shotgun, which is even more annoying with that shotgun that kills you with oneshot, now ppl camp around corners, and wait until u walked through then they rape your whole spawn with 3 shots… cmon guys… -.-

(Anti) #63

Folks, before all the over ‘excitement’ about some of the changes not being what you want please bear in mind it’s a closed alpha test. :slight_smile:

This means we will test some changes, even if we have some doubts about them, because experiencing the actual change is always going to be way more useful than 100% theory crafting.

Carriables are one such test. Ammo stations are, to some extent, setting up for a future test that I imagine will go in next patch.

(SockDog) #64

Just had a quick couple of games, mainly as medic.

Like the medpacks, you can still self heal but it’s no longer this meta game of juggling packs and pews while ignoring your team. If I noticed anything it was that throwing down packs was at best confusing as it was hard to see who needed them. Guess I like the concept but it needs some tweaking with the rest of the health system to reach it’s peak.

Not sure if there are bugs in the canister pickup but both games on LB were fought for quite a while at the carryable objective. Was fun though (on defense) which isn’t something I’ve said about this objective many times.

(Evil-Doer) #65

[QUOTE=Anti;431442]Folks, before all the over ‘excitement’ about some of the changes not being what you want please bear in mind it’s a closed alpha test. :slight_smile:

This means we will test some changes, even if we have some doubts about them, because experiencing the actual change is always going to be way more useful than 100% theory crafting.

Carriables are one such test. Ammo stations are, to some extent, setting up for a future test that I imagine will go in next patch.[/QUOTE]

I’m all for the testing factor, throwing curve balls an watching them hit the dirt. At the same time your gonna get excitement from things that just are not enjoyed. I’m always willing an up for testing anything from one extreme to another. But, I’m also not going to fray away from strong convictions on certain things. :slight_smile:

(Anti) #66

Yea, looking into this, I’m not sure how we got to the two mines point, it was always supposed to be one.

(tokamak) #67

This is where the alpha gets fun. I hope we’re in for some wacky experiments.

(Anti) #68

Further we get through these private and public tests the less radical they’ll become, this early stage is the only real chance to do the more extreme ones.

(Evil-Doer) #69

Definitely understand. Excited an not at the same time haha :slight_smile:

(Jonny_Hex) #70

FTFY :smiley:

Mines were a hot topic today internally. Carryables is a bit WIP, but test-worthy. Secondary weapon usage is definitely an option, but the implementation is not so simple. Camden is interesting with the new system.

(BomBaKlaK) #71

Unleash camden ?:penguin:

(spookify) #72

Players and Maps seem a lot smoother to me! Arty explosions are sweet.

Notice a lot less screen shake.

Still hard to aim/track players in this game. All games I play and can pick a spot on the wall and know exactly how much to move my mouse. That combined with the weird movement is making it very hard to track players. Maybe just got to get used to it but something seems odd.

Question is Shotgun 1 Headshot kill OR 1 Body shot at close kills also? Maybe Nerf? Please dont make it like COD.
//youtu.be/el6UVHoBJBY

Overall interesting Update Look forward to playing it more when I get home!

(INF3RN0) #73

Great patch so far!

Light pass:

OMG WHYYYY! This needs to be fixed asap, worse part of the patch. Waterloo is too GREEEN and WhiteChapel is too dark.

Crosshair:

OMG YES! Either there was some slight creep spread reduction on top of this or it just makes it that much better for aiming.

Medic:

Medic packs are too strong! With the new regen mechanic bad rambo medics are punished and I like that. Basically a rambo medic needs to get kills right away otherwise they are strongly punished for trying to heal mid-fight unless they can successfully escape. Full HP is a tad much though, 60-75% makes more sense to me as a starting place. The bad part of this is that it makes the team healing feel really bland and introduces a lot of situations where the old mechanic made a lot more sense for the team play. I thought the goal was to make rambo medic more challenging and promote more team play. Also for some reason the medic gun feels like it got a buff, but that might just be the new crosshair.

Here is my solution:
-Keep the new regen mechanic for the medic ONLY and have it regen up to 60-75hp max.
-Healing teammates as medic uses the old system of fixed heal values per pack that can’t be interrupted.

Engineer:

-Shotgun is too strong. Fix ideas: Reduce range and fall-off damage overall. 2body shots close range in scope or 1 headshot in scope. 3 body shots in hip. I’d like max damage to be when scoped, and maybe have hip shotty be more for AOE damage.

-Mines blow up way tooooo fast and are too hard to spot now. I also want a short arming time please.

Carry objectives:
I’ll have to play this more, but I like that you can at least drop the carry-able to shoot. I am not going to instantly dismiss this, but I did like being able to shoot while carrying because if you were the last one alive you could make your way back to the transmit and have a chance of killing off anyone along the way to save the day. I can see the more strategical aspect of this though, especially on a map like camden. Teams would have to decide who was the lemming or if they were going to simply carry all the objectives to one spot and drop them in a corner until they cleared the objective.

-another idea for these objectives is to disable transmits when the ev is disabled (might be bad for WC)

Maps:

Really like a lot of the changes.

-ammo crate on 1st objective of Waterloo should be located only at the capture-able spawn out in the open.

(tokamak) #74

-another idea for these objectives is to disable transmits when the ev is disabled (might be bad for WC)

Oh that’s cool!

(SockDog) #75

It would be problematic because the EV is generally in the enemy hands. To make such a change anything more than a half thought spam magnet you’d have to stop engineers from repairing it, and that’s hard to do. So one team Spams, the other team repairs. Hurrah we now have an XP farm built right into the gameplay. :slight_smile:

Like the lighting attempts. They’re giving the levels some character. Keep at it.

I’d scale back the normal player regen and maybe slow the medic pack regen. You could allow the medpaks to give 20 health off the bat, pause for a second or two longer and then start to regen up to 100%. If anything there have been some crazy fights tonight, the pace seemed a lot more intense and close. Maybe it was just the teams though.

Think the Shotgun needs to one shot up close, to the head then drop the further back they are from the target. Basically, you need to keep these people away from you.

(BomBaKlaK) #76

like it to

(iwound) #77

Great games to night. Looooooovin it.

This girl is gorgeous plus she knows how to hold a big chopper.

carry rules worked great.
nades great.
health great.
dot amazingly great. helps a lot.
new routes great
all the rest great.

(Mustang) #78

This patch is so much fun.

Great start to the medic and carriable changes.

Props for dothair.

And I can actually hear hitsounds now!

(jamiewalker) #79

Sounds good guys, keen to get in and give it a go :slight_smile:

(INF3RN0) #80

We need a hotfix for:

-the infinite OT bug on obj mode carry objective when it disappears
-shotgun
-mines