Dirty Bomb: Technical 'Pro Tips'

(jopjop) #21

I’m wondering if there is a way to adjust mouse x and y axes separately. I’ve googled and tried changing some variables but haven found any that’d made any difference.

(Kl3ppy) #22

Look for this in shooterinput.ini and add the values as following.

Bindings=(name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=1.0")
Bindings=(name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=1.0")

There are 2 sections where this settings are, you have to change both. Speed=1 can be anything. Im not sure but I think Speed=1 is the real mouse input because when i set it to 2, I have to halve my ingame sensitivity.

This is the only thing I’ve found to change the input somehow, not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing.

(jopjop) #23

[QUOTE=Shifty.;436305]Look for this in shooterinput.ini and add the values as following.

Bindings=(name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=1.0")
Bindings=(name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=1.0")

There are 2 sections where this settings are, you have to change both. Speed=1 can be anything. Im not sure but I think Speed=1 is the real mouse input because when i set it to 2, I have to halve my ingame sensitivity.

This is the only thing I’ve found to change the input somehow, not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing.[/QUOTE]

I love you.
I tried this but I kept changing one and then changing it back again not understanding that I have to change them both. BTW I found four instances but I didn’t try which of them do the magic. I just did find&replace all.

(Kl3ppy) #24

Is it working for you as you expected? Im just curious:)

(jopjop) #25

yes. I’m not sure if it just multiplies the sensitivity with the “speed” or if it does something else but it worked the way i wanted after some trial and error :>

(Kl3ppy) #26

good :slight_smile:

I dont know what it does, but its somewhat a multiplier because when I set it to 2, I have to halve my sense. Maybe some Dev can give some info about it because i didnt found any clear info about the speed=x thing.

(Bangtastic) #27

[QUOTE=Shifty.;436396]good :slight_smile:

I dont know what it does, but its somewhat a multiplier because when I set it to 2, I have to halve my sense. Maybe some Dev can give some info about it because i didnt found any clear info about the speed=x thing.[/QUOTE]

well it gives you the amount of sensivity in per cent. 2 is double of 1 ^^ 1 = 100%, 2= 200% i guess

(Kl3ppy) #28

Thats what I figured out already by myself :tongue:
But why are there more than 2 settings? You have to change it twice, thats what I dont get.

(Nail) #29

once for x axis, once for y axis, should be able to use 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 etc

(Kl3ppy) #30

Yeah, I got that, but why do I have to change the x axis and the y axis twice?
One is at [Engine.PlayerInput] and the other one is at [ShooterGame.SGPlayerInput]

(Samurai.) #31

Just wondering where people are putting the new line “EnableGameplayFovAdjust 0/1” to adjust the fov bobbing between sprints etc… can it be put in any of these ini files yet so we don’t have to turn it off every time we enter the game or not?

(Mustang) #32

Easiest way is to enter it into the in-game console.

The corresponding ini parameter is ShooterGame.ini / [ShooterGame.SGPlayerController] / m_bEnableGameplayFovAdjust=true (or false)

Doing either of these will remember it between play sessions.

(Samurai.) #33

Thanks Mustang, turned out i had all my ini files set to “Read Only” from previous patches, which a) meant gameplay changes were not saved over the top and b) meant i was missing key lines in the ini files as i just copied/pasted the files from previous versions of the game so i couldn’t find these lines myself as they were not there.

All sorted now. :slight_smile:

(jespak) #34

thanks for this info. used to playing rtcw and et, where it was recommended to cap fps at either 75 or 125.

even though this monitor only supports 60 hz, 125 fps still feels smoother than 75 fps in rtcw, so i’m wondering - are there ‘magic numbers’ as there were in the engine rtcw used, that one should try to cap at? if say i typically get 110fps 95% of the time and 125 90% of the time, would i set minfps to 110 and max 125?

thanks

(Mustang) #35

This is Unreal engine, cap to what you want, no need for specific numbers anymore.

(jespak) #36

Thanks. So if max is set as high as possible (as high a rate as you can attain most of time), how should you set min allowable fps? what happens if your framerate drops below minimum allowable?

(Xai) #37

I now have a pc more than capable of running this so will be retuning to play more often :slight_smile:
The default configuration really does not suit me, luckily there are posts like this.
Does anyone have a recent list with settings I could mess around with? (outside of the ingame menu)

(murka) #38

Added info about IFF editing(removing objective icon clutter and more).

(pulley) #39

nice murka!

I found a config wallhack but better will not make it public XD

(Kl3ppy) #40

is the example IFF settings you posted above the HUD thing you showed in the latest update post?