Destroyable objects

(Donnovan) #1

Anyone know how to do objects that have a amount of health and get destroyed when you shot it and health goes to zero?

Thanks!

(Donnovan) #2

Chris,

I believe i learned to use your “brinstar_breakable” script.

I just dont know how to make the explosion lethal for people around the destroyed object.

The explosion is generated by a effect entity, so it do not hurt people.

Chris, Violator, all:

To solve the not lethal explosion, i could activate and deactivate a triggerhurt around the object, so people arround it get killed. But sadly i know just how to remove a active trigger hurt, i do not know how to active a trigger hurt.

The trigger hurt must start deactivated, then when the object explode, i activate it for 0,1 seconds and then deactivate it, killing everyone around.

Anyone can help?

(Boktor) #3

Is this just a generic object or an objective?

Have you tried using a “dmg_splash_damage” key in the entity’s properties?

(Donnovan) #4

I already have tried. But will try it again, can have done somthing wrong.

I used the script from brinstar Alpha 2a. It is used on the glass (jar) that is arround the mother brain objective… and i also noticed that the glass do not explode when you destroy it…

… may be some thing “done by chris” since we know glass do not explode.

(.Chris.) #5

Make sure you alter the entity names fully when make your own otherwise will crash on any server running both your map and brinstar. Like what happened with Tourian and Battlestrogg map.

Have you tried the origin move trick on a trigger hurt brush? Can’t remember the exact command to use but you can move entities around the map through the script by resetting the origin, violator used it in estate and I used it a hell of a lot in Baserace. I’m half drunk at the mo waiting for mates so cant be bothered checking :slight_smile:

(Donnovan) #6

About change the name, you mean the mother brain jar entity name in the world file, or you mean the name in the “entity” variable of the script, or the object name in the localization string? Or you mean the name of the script object brinstar_breakable?

Chris, also, you removed explosion when the object get destroyed?

Timestart helped you on this script?

Thanks!

(Donnovan) #7

I did it!

Sorry for all the fuzz! Blob Blob Blob! Thankyou guys!

(system) #8

nice thread. im a newbie :slight_smile:

internet marketing