DECEMBER 1ST HOTFIX CHANGES

(MissMurder) #1

Attention Dirty Bomb players,

The following changes were made during the December 1st Hotfix Maintenance:

Thunder
Concussion Grenades
-Removed ‘cooking’ from Concussion Grenades
-Reduced fuse time to 1.6s (from 2.0s)
-Reduced throw-cancel cooldown cost to 4s (from 8s)
-Increased movement stun radius to 368u (from 240u)
-Looking away from Concussion Grenades now dramatically reduces the duration of the blinding effect
-Team-mates now receive a much shorter blinding-effect when Friendly Fire is Off
-The duration of the blinding effect now correctly scales down over distance
-The severity of the movement stun effect now correctly scales down over distance
-The movement stun effect now gradually recovers over time
-Removed the mouse sensitivity reduction from the stun effect
-Dynamic objects like secondary objective doors now correctly block effects

Bug Fixes
-Fixed bug where the ‘Welcome to Dirty Bomb’ pop-up would show for existing players
-Fixed bug with invisible ramp in the Overground map
-Fixed bug where player movement could desynchronise when using the Quick-Eye augment
-Fixed bug where a destroyed Turret could begin firing again after being disabled by a Concussion Grenade
-Removed several blockout maps from the game files

(BananaSlug) #2

cool !

(Tanker_Ray) #3

Th Over-Rated, by people who were annoyed by concussionade.

Should change my name to ThunDerp ro, but space isn’t allowed. damn.

Such a ThUnderwhelming merc.

(CCP115) #4

“Removed the mouse sensitivity reduction from the stun effect”

My life is complete. Do whatever you want to Thunder now, I don’t care, I have my sensitivity back.

(Tanker_Ray) #5

[quote=“CCP115;118048”]“Removed the mouse sensitivity reduction from the stun effect”

My life is complete. Do whatever you want to Thunder now, I don’t care, I have my sensitivity back.[/quote]

May I concuss you then? :slight_smile:

(sensit1ve_) #6

Thanks <3

(GiantGiant) #7

[quote=“CCP115;118048”]“Removed the mouse sensitivity reduction from the stun effect”

My life is complete. Do whatever you want to Thunder now, I don’t care, I have my sensitivity back.[/quote]

This and disabling cooking is serious nerf especcially when you are not flashed while conc nade blows behind :S

(MissMurder) #8

Let us know how the game feels as a whole after playing a bit!

(Mrarauzz) #9

thunder felt underwhelming before and now he feels like a waste of time. He is in the assault category but i dont feel like he deserves that. The EMP/concussion nade seems like a good idea for a engineer but Thunder feels like a waste tbh.

(KayDubz) #10

Not a fan of that part…as flash bangs in most games, and in real life, do screw up your orientation and balance. I know this is a video game, but thats a big nerf for a non lethal weapon that causes no loss of HP.

(GottaBeGreg) #11

Removed cooking. I read this and I think what the fuck. Looking away drastically reduces flash effect. I read this and I start getting PTSD. To anyone who didnt live through it, welcome to the Phantom post introduction nerf.

Fragger was the undisputed ruler of killing pre Thunder update. Thunder was introduced as a form of combating him. As such one should draw likely conclusions between the two characters and compare mechanics. Fragger is able to cook grenades and allow no time for escape , along with an instant kill. Thunder can no longer cook grenades AND you have made it completely avoidable with the allowing of an aversion of the eyes with only the potential to slow them without the sensitivity decrease, allowing retaliation. This is pathetic.
M4>Timik.
K121>MK46.
Br16=Stark AR.
Fragger hitboxThunders nades.
Thunder hp is ONLY 10 higher than Fraggers. A single M4 shot to his obese bod.

This is the exact same as the Phantom nerf. An unnessecary outcry from the uneducated towards the power of a character so SD goes WAY THE FUCK OVER THE TOP and destroys the characters potential. Then in the following updates we will slowly, slowly or perhaps not at all, get small and insufficient spots of reparation.

Woah the day when Fragger gets taken off his pedestal of godliness. How dare anyone enter his airspace.

Im going to say what I have been thinking for a while Splash Damage. Grow a pair and stand by your decisions. You have made some good decisions, like making the burst rifles skill weapons again, and making Phantom a character that held potential enough to stand in his slot beside Fragger and Nader (because that is where he is standing, because he is not standing beside the Recons any day of the week.) Thunder was in a somewhat alright spot. A few bug fixes was all that he needed. Not a nerf into the ground. I have played this game for so long on this ride with you and I am getting really over this.

Sack up.
Please.

Just the right height, no bucket required.

(HeartenedKorbo) #12

A TOAST TO SD
http://i.imgur.com/TmtqSrg.jpg?2

(Drcipres) #13

Thunder’s flashbangs should be like a molotov, or like an airstrike marker, very little time to explode, people will see a big red circle coming, so they should turn around, and the same fo r thunder

(Armuh) #14

Just played Thunder and I could still cook his nade…
Was this intended or another glitch? xD

EDIT: nvm, there’s still a 1.6 sec fuse q.q

(cornJester) #15

[quote=“Armuhsin;118129”]Just played Thunder and I could still cook his nade…
Was this intended or another glitch? xD[/quote]

Are you confusing being able to hold his nade for extended periods of time or cooking it so it detonates faster?

(MissMurder) #16

Thanks for all the feedback already. A LOT of players were in an uproar after we initially released Thunder- mostly due to the team blinding that was happening and blinding yourself as Thunder… As for the other changes I’ll definitely keep reading your feedback and relaying it to the devs.

(cornJester) #17

He’s just not as fun to play with the removal of the turn limiter. It’s extremely hard to tell who is and isn’t concussed now, which also removes some of the fun of it. Those who are blinded have their hand up but it’s hard to tell with the concussive effect.

Also concussing people seems to be of little use and is unreliable, now that it simply slows them down a bit it’s just two slower people fighting each other, except you have a massive hitbox for that higher health. They can aim just fine so it really kinda doesn’t help all that much.

Fragger can outright kill you with his nades that have the same cooldown! Why are Thunder’s nades being made less powerful when they don’t even do damage? I have to still win a normal gunfight pretty much now.

EDIT: You probably should just not be able to move much at all, like Rhino spinup speed if concussed but still be able to aim.

Double Edit: It doesn’t even seem to slow them down…

(HoopleDoople) #18

Wait, Thunder was nerfed? I enjoyed using him but he seemed clearly underpowered to me pre-nerf. The Concussion Grenade could be extremely annoying but the situations where it even came close to matching Fragger’s Grenade were rare. I guess my fears have been realized - the Concussion Grenade has been deemed too aggravating to be allowed to be viable.

If we’re not going to be serious about making the blind and/or stun mechanics reliable then I think we need to go back to the drawing board on Thunder’s ability. Otherwise Thunder will be stuck as the Phantom of assaults, only good for beating up on beginners who don’t know how to avoid the blind.

(KayDubz) #19

@MissMurder

I did some testing…and when I self bang myself fully (standing on the bomb), Im blinded but still able to run just as fast…and turn just as easily. I was able to use my minimap to manuver around until my sight returned.

Is this kind of ease of movement and ease of seeing the map intended when you flash bang yourself? Im used to flash bangs wiping out your minimap in other video games.

How about enemy flash bangs? Ive yet to be hit by one fully yet…and Im wondering if Ill still be able to move around as easily while also aided by my minimap if I need to retreat while blind.

(KayDubz) #20

He’s just not as fun to play with the removal of the turn limiter. It’s extremely hard to tell who is and isn’t concussed now, which also removes some of the fun of it. Those who are blinded have their hand up but it’s hard to tell with the concussive effect.

Also concussing people seems to be of little use and is unreliable, now that it simply slows them down a bit it’s just two slower people fighting each other, except you have a massive hitbox for that higher health. They can aim just fine so it really kinda doesn’t help all that much.

Fragger can outright kill you with his nades that have the same cooldown! Why are Thunder’s nades being made less powerful when they don’t even do damage? I have to still win a normal gunfight pretty much now.

EDIT: You probably should just not be able to move much at all, like Rhino spinup speed if concussed but still be able to aim.

Double Edit: It doesn’t even seem to slow them down…[/quote]
Totally agree with this. Concussion/Stun grenades/Flash bangs should disorient a target. That means they should be slowed down and have poor aim. Simply being blind while being able to move freely isnt that helpful to the attacker at all.

I mean you already removed cooking the flash nades, so its much easier for opponents to notice the flash nade and turn away. Before, enemies at least had to also make sure to get a better distance away from the nade. Now getting away from its less important. Simply turn your back, and wait for the Thunder to walk in…even if you get somewhat “concussed”.

With that big hitbox of his, youll be able to kill him anyway.

As it stands, Id feel like the EMP would be better in the hands of a recon merc like Phantom…so he finally has a way to help his team aside from being played like an assault merc. People floated around that idea before…of Phantom being able to slip through defenses and disable deployables (without the flash of course).

The EMP seems like itd be much more useful to Phanton than to Thunder…because that was the added bonus of the Flash bang. But with the concussion now nerfed…Thunder is less useful as an assault merc.

The most logical thing to do in my opinion is to give Thunder a straight up stun/flash grenade that concusses people, can be cooked, but with no EMP. It makes no sense for him to have it. What other assault merc has something that isnt explosives or geared toward straight up killing?

And the EMP should go to Phantom. Put it in his shield…and make it similar to Pheonix healing…in that you have to be within a specific range to disable deployables. This would truly make Phantom a recon merc. He would be able to slip through human defenses unseen, while also disable automated defenses for his team.

EDIT: I edited to fix typos and add clarification.