Damage-based Destructible Objective

(Boktor) #1

Hey guys, I want to make destructible objectives that blow up based on how much damage they take. I think something like this is used in Battlestrogg Galactica and I know it’s a fairly simply matter in Wolf:ET.

When I was messing around in editworld I saw that light entities have “health” as an available key. Is this what I should look into? It looks like that these entities can be damaged and the model can be set to change when it’s broken (at 0 health). I’m not 100% sure about this though, because when I played around with the keys nothing seemed to make a difference.

Can anyone help me out with this?

(Donnovan) #2

The map Brinstar have health destructible objectives.

The map have normal “destroy objectives (charge)” with the “scriptobject” key set to “brinstar_breakable” value.

The “brinstar_breakable” definition can be found in scripts/maps/generic/destructible_objective_brinstar.script.

(Donnovan) #3

The map Brinstar, have health destructible objectives.

The map have normal “destroy objectives (charge)” with the “scriptobject” key set to “brinstar_breakable” valeu.

The “brinstar_breakable” definition can be found in scripts/maps/generic/destructible_objective_brinstar.script

(Boktor) #4

Ok thanks I’ll work out what I can with that

(Donnovan) #5

Chris, you did this destructible_objective_brinstar.script file from scratch (from zero), or you modified a existing objective to meet your requirements?

(.Chris.) #6

Edited the existing destructible_objective.script

Don’t re-use this script for another map though, it will cause conflicts, replace/find “brinstar” for another word and use that entity for your map.