Custom maps server connection issue

(Roggued) #1

Hello community, i had updated Windows from Windows 7 (64bit) to Windows 8.1 Lite (64 bit) and reinstalled ETQW downloaded from torrents as i used before, Vanilla works fine but while trying to connect to custom maps server mod, client comes with error (listed at the bottom):
I have never connected to custom maps server on new Windows 8.1, may be something with tourney mod/custom files downloads, any suggestions? I think i got most C++ libraries installed. May be i should download recommended by TAW Custom maps server ETQW laucher iso?

My pc configuration is:
Single core Athlon 3200+ 2.1 Ghz
4 GB DDR-2
120GB SSD Gygabite
Ati Radeon HD 2600 Pro (512Mb)

----- Initializing Decls -----
Decompressing the global token cache…3566Kb

ERROR: file materials/pillar.mtr, line 1: file ‘materials/commandmaps.include’ not found

--------------- BSE Shutdown ----------------

Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
…releasing DC
…shutting down QGL
idRenderSystem::Shutdown()
Shutting down performance queries
file materials/pillar.mtr, line 1: file ‘materials/commandmaps.include’ not found

(ressected) #2

Hi @roggued I invite you to community discord where you’ll get a much quicker response to any questions: https://discord.gg/bhuaMDA

There are some known issues with windows 8 through 10 where there are fixes floating around like you mentioned, I would recommend trying it as it installs separately and will not interfere with your existing install.

(Assassin4004) #3

@roggued, this looks like an issue with a custom map I created a long time ago named “Pillar”. If you’re using the correct z_pillar.pk4 you shouldn’t have this issue because the file commandmaps.include is included in the pk4. To get past this error you’ll need to install the SDK and navigate to \SDK 1.5\base\materials and copy commandmaps.include into the materials file containing pillar.mtr.

Feel free to join and reach out to me on discord at: https://discord.gg/bHQjWqKKpZ. Anyone else whom is interested is welcome to join as well!