Containment War Giveaway Event!

(DMaster2) #41

Purchase the merc Phoenix before the update and you will get (for free) the loadout plus two elite cases, otherwise you’ll get Phoenix for free.

(joshstylegaming) #42

Noice!

(acrobaticBudgie) #43

I just know that I’ll get a cobalt Phoenix in one of the cases with the same loadout as the obsidian card and I won’t be able to decide which to use and I’ll end up playing a bronze Sawbonez instead :frowning:

:wink:

(gg2ez) #44

MY BODY IS READY.

(HoopleDoople) #45

I hate to rain on the parade, but I am very displeased with my pending compensation for already owning Phoenix.

First and foremost, I do not care about recolor skins one iota. A super rare obsidian skin gives me zero added enjoyment or effectiveness. I’d happily use a lead skin for my entire DB career if it came with a full set of augments. Second, because the obsidian is only one specific loadout, it won’t have the weapon I prefer and thus will see little to no use.

Elite cases aren’t much better. Again, the fact that they offer guaranteed cosmetic upgrades is meaningless to me. They also have a massive layer of RNG, so the odds I get a desirable loadout are low (and that’s assuming its even for a merc I own). As an example, the only loadouts above bronze I’ve found from cases so far are a silver Fletcher with Blishlok and a silver Bushwhacker with Blishlok.

As much as I dislike this compensation, I understand a lot of players are thrilled with it. I believe the best way to handle this is to give players who own Phoenix a choice. I propose the following options:

1. The already stated bonuses of obsidian skin plus 2 elite cases.
  2. A full credit refund on Phoenix.
  3. Choice of any gold Phoenix loadout plus a choice of any one bronze loadout.

Without these changes, I’ll have effectively wasted 50k credits to rent Phoenix for all of 2 weeks. Admittedly, it could be worse - I could have spent real money on him.

(Weefie123) #46

WHY DID I BUY ARTY
FFS I HAVE 28 CREDITS AND THIS GOES LIVE FFS

(Jostabeere) #47

So since you have to have Phoenix to get the card, how much time I have to unlock him now? Till 28th?

(briskCereal) #48

i don´t got it, expains me?
i earn this gift when the update will be held? or now?
thankyou and sorry per my misses in english but i from Brasil and don´t speak english 100%

(Reddeadcap) #49

Free Phoenixes you say?

(VincentRJaeger) #50

[quote=“briskCereal;98141”]i don´t got it, expains me?
thankyou and sorry per my misses in english but i from Brasil and don´t speak english 100%[/quote]

If you don’t have Phoenix, you get him for free when the update hits.
If you have Phoenix, you get an Obsidian Loadout and two Elite Cases.

(LCTR) #51

[quote=“briskCereal;98141”]i don´t got it, expains me?
thankyou and sorry per my misses in english but i from Brasil and don´t speak english 100%[/quote]

It’s OK :slight_smile:
If you do NOT have Phoenix you will get him FREE.
If you DO have Phoenix you will get the Obsidian Loadout Card and 2 Cases.

To get either - you must login within 1 week of the patch being released :slight_smile:

(cloakedCelebration) #52

SO what do i have to do to get my card ? it won’t drop for me, say in game if u have this merc u get some card blah blah, but nothing has arrived in my game with cases or this card they said we get… Said play at the bottom of the advertisement in game, So i hit play & played a bunch of games with nothing…What is happening here, they said we ether get a free merc or some card, but no info is given about how to obtain these’s cards… Updates here right ? had a steam update today, but they don’t give out much info, making this a guessing game over at slash damage.

(cornJester) #53

They have said how to get it. Any time within a week after the patch is released. Patch isn’t out yet. It’ll be next week probably.

(call_me_arty) #54

i dont quite understand when it is can some one please help :’(

(cornJester) #55

Sometime next week, date has not been announced but it will be. Just keep an eye on the forums for the containment war update. :slight_smile:

(lovelyHat) #56

[quote=“MissMurder;19117”]
unique Obsidian Loadout Card for Phoenix![/quote]

KE81

How was the choice of loadout to be encased in Obsidian chosen? Was it that it is the most used Pheonix loadout? or just the default?

(LCTR) #57

FREE STUFF

(ThatRandomGuy) #58

[quote=“MissMurder;19117”][center]http://i.imgur.com/exMTYyq.jpg[/center]

Every single player that logs in during that time will receive one of the hardest to kill medics out there, Phoenix. He’s an expert at healing everyone around him while under heavy fire with his Healing Pulse ability, and he can even revive himself when incapacitated, helping your team keep the pressure on.

If you have already unlocked Phoenix by the time the Containment War update arrives, you’ll get a special reward of your own: 1x Elite Case A, 1x Elite Case B and a unique Obsidian Loadout Card for Phoenix!

http://i.imgur.com/aChl4Rl.jpg

This will end a week after the release of the Containment War during the week of October 28th, so be sure to grab your free Phoenix while you can!

/quote]

@MissMurder
DO i have to own a Phoenix to get those cases n obsi card? I dont have him and i dont plan on getting him. I never liked playing medics D: !

So if i log in now and get him for free, will i not get the card n 2 boxes?

(cornJester) #59

@ThatRandomGuy If you get him for free you will not get the card and cases. But it’s not til next week at least, anyways. Update isn’t out yet.

(ThatRandomGuy) #60

im saving for stokaah !

Guess i will take the this guy free…Not gona buy him !