Competitive scene

(Offensive Person) #41

It’s nice to see everyone so jazzed about the competition. Now if I can just make it through the next five or six months drooling over this game, I’ll be ok.

(LOLoFighter) #42

plz add :wink:

Clan name: Metaphernhoernchenschutzverein
Web page: www.mhsv.de
Info: Multigaming Clan/Community
Members: many…

(Mustang) #43

Do we have any commentators lined up yet?
Looking forward to seeing some matches

(Kinjal) #44

[QUOTE=Mustang;246063]Do we have any commentators lined up yet?
Looking forward to seeing some matches[/QUOTE]

It’s too early to tell, but I hope for Brink.tv or something. We have Hannes!

(light_sh4v0r) #45

Do we have Hannes? I wouldn’t be so sure about that.

(Crytiqal) #46

Hannes will be making BrinkPRO right? :stroggtapir:

(Kinjal) #47

Eh Hannes sitting on Brink channel , so I hope he will made promod for us, coz if not him, then who? I don’t want play versus 8 panzernoobs, or 8 hyperblasters or 8 nade spammers, promod always make game fair for clanwar.

(.Chris.) #48

Idling in a channel means nothing, anyway earlier in this year he recently join the Axis Revenge Project as did I but I think the project is death for the moment so I dunno.

However I would like to know what is happening with the so called ‘hardcore’ mode that was mentioned ages ago that lets server admins tinker with settings to change the game somewhat.

I would personally like this mode if it exists to be held back for short while so people could try the game for what it is first, drum up a list of what is and isn’t working in clan matches and then make the changes needed based on experience rather than speculation.

Would hate for game to be turned into ET2 straight away, (the following is just my opinion and speculation) in ET:QW this wasn’t the case thankfully due to the SDK release been some time after the game release but unfortunately it was perhaps released too late as many players had already left before adjustments could be made and playing matches whilst trying to abide to un-forceable rule sets simply didn’t work but when it did come around the adjustments made managed to retain what was unique about ET:QW and make it more balanced for competition and this came about from actually having to play the game for what it was for fair amount of time I think.

(tokamak) #49

I think if the official standards are being secured somehow, there will be ample opportunities to give the original settings a chance even when those server tools are released from the start.

(H0RSE) #50

you know, for you to play vs 8 “panzernoobs” or hyperblasters, that would mean the entire enemy team are Heavies - which would probably be a rare occurrence. As fot the nade spamming, nades have cooldown timers now, and from what was said, nade spamming was a reason for this.

However I would like to know what is happening with the so called ‘hardcore’ mode that was mentioned ages ago that lets server admins tinker with settings to change the game somewhat.

It’s called ‘freeplay’ and it allows players to configure the game how they want, rather than just playing with the default settings. Of course, PC will probably have additional server/admin settings.

http://www.ps3attitude.com/new/2010/10/brink-diaries-catering-hardcore/

(Nail) #51

lol, crying about the need for a mod to an unreleased game is quite an insult to the developers, especially on their own forums. You have no idea about the server settings that will ship with game, but you’re sure the game is no good the way it is and will need “outside” help. Play the game, maybe you’ll like it as a game rather than e-sports, let’s not turn every shooter into a generic arena DM for 4 vs 4

(Kinjal) #52

I’m not insulting devs, it’s just reality , game is not made for clanwars, it’s made for casual fans, and it’s ok , I never played a clanwars on default settings, in cod u can’t use stun grenades for example , in bf sum weapons and perks. In sum games it’s not promod , its called rules of the cup or league, but promod is better , u cant cheat, u forced to play fair.

P.S. Promod in ET and ETQW Is “generic arena DM for 4 vs 4”???

(tokamak) #53

Well it’s much closer to generic arena DM 4 vs 4 than the original game is.

(Nail) #54

You’re talking about server settings when nobody has seen them,

(.Chris.) #55

[QUOTE=H0RSE;246122]It’s called ‘freeplay’ and it allows players to configure the game how they want, rather than just playing with the default settings. Of course, PC will probably have additional server/admin settings.

http://www.ps3attitude.com/new/2010/10/brink-diaries-catering-hardcore/[/QUOTE]

Coolbeans, be interesting to see what other options would be available if any for the PC.

(tokamak) #56

I have seen the ETQW and W:ET server settings

(Mustang) #57

We don’t know yet that all the options wanted haven’t been given configurable cvars already

(Kinjal) #58

U suggesting that server settings can change:
-HUD, health line adjusts as number, location of the map.
-Spread of hip fire, ironsite spread.
-Spawn selection.
-Limit for heavy weapons, splash damage weapons, sniper weapons.
-Limit for abilities.
-Sounds In game.
If settings can change it, promod not needed for sure.

Well it’s much closer to generic arena DM 4 vs 4 than the original game is.

I don’t think so, clanwar is stopwatch not DM, all promod changes made to improve dynamic of the game, make it more challenging, but it still objective based, who cares about frags, if u loose a map.

(tokamak) #59

So restricting certain options and simplifying other features makes a game more dynamic? Fascinating. Comp simplifies the game, doesn’t turn it into a DM sure, but it resembles it more than the original game does.

(Kinjal) #60

Yes, u may not believe it but its work that way for clanwar. Why do u think promod or rules was created? Example: Wolfenstein 2009 – only 1 mp44 for each team , coz if not, it will be 5 mp44 vs 5 mp44. One thing, may work fine for casual players on public, but ruin the balance in clanwar.