Competitive scene

(Kinjal) #21

Hello Abnorm, long time no see ) I just saw your clan tag in irc, and I don’t remember u ever played other team versus us. If u want I can remove u from aToon, no problem. BTW, Ulqiorra is not playing anymore?

(brbrbr) #22

[QUOTE=Auzner;245449]Anti-competitive means trying to prevent competition. Non-competitive is not competing.

A league is a group of clans who are competing against each other. The only way a non-competitive league would make sense is if it were called a “practice league”. But what would be the point of tracking practices? There isn’t automated software like in Starcraft 2 to track all this so people organize it on their own. To be non-competitive is to just play the game in public servers against different random people. Whereas a clan would have the same group of members expected to play for their team every time.

There can be non-competitive clans but the whole point of forming a league is to organize competition. Clan statistics are tracked over time. This is all organization beyond the bounds of the game, that is why it is considered serious or competitive. The game itself does not require a player to be involved with this.

A non-competitive clan would be a way to have a consistent group of people on your team without concerning with league status.[/QUOTE]

“preventing”!=“focusing on other aspects[instead]”.
for same reasons is HUGE gap between agnostics and atheists.
between naturalists and zoophiles.
between criminals and politics.

(LyndonL) #23

By being a Resistance only clan you will not get to experience half of the game.

(Wraith) #24

They can still play campaign as security.

(tokamak) #25

I wouldn’t want to play ETQW as GDF only.

(.Chris.) #26

There was a clan that just did that cause they didn’t want to kill humans when playing as strogg…

(Auzner) #27

Everyone is trying to tell you what a league is and why you’re contradicting yourself. The prefixes anti- and non- have different meanings. You can’t go against the nature of a league or else that’s not what you’re talking about. Baseball has major league and minor league. There can’t be a “we don’t compete” league but there can still be teams of people who play the game at their local park without sponsorship or management.

(brbrbr) #28

or in short: im right? i KNEW it !!
ok, tnx.

(Auzner) #29

At this point it doesn’t matter because you’re too difficult to understand. Either you misunderstand the concept or you don’t know how to word your idea. If you want to keep discussing it, first give an example of an “anti-competitive league” from anywhere. Here is where I stop caring about what is lost in translation.

(Laneljh) #30

Basically, there are two types of clans. Competitive like most, or non-competitive.

If you play to win and rank up in the leader boards, your competitive.

If not, then your not competitive.

Did I put it simple enough for everyone?

(potkettleblack) #31

[QUOTE=Laneljh;245571]Basically, there are two types of clans. Competitive like most, or non-competitive.

Did I put it simple enough for everyone?[/QUOTE]

If you play to win - you’re competing :wink:
If you play to rank up the leaderboards - you’re a pub hero :wink:
If you do well in competition - you’re *competitive :wink:

*Ofcourse I’m using a somewhat different definition : P

(H0RSE) #32

[QUOTE=Laneljh;245571]Basically, there are two types of clans. Competitive like most, or non-competitive.

Did I put it simple enough for everyone?[/QUOTE]

They are talking about leagues, not clans. Clans don’t necessarily need to belong to a league, and thus, can be non-competitive. Leagues are where clans sign up to compete against one another, so it’s pretty hard (or impossible) to have non-competitive leagues.

(Laneljh) #33

Hmm. Interesting. I don’t see why there would be non-competitive leagues out there. Unless it is just for organizing matches.

(BioSnark) #34

Maybe the shadowy scrimmage leagues you guys have all overlooked :wink: Actual pro leagues seem nearly as illusive.

(Auzner) #35

Hmm yes, I thought it was VERY clear that a CLAN is NOT a LEAGUE. Instead everyone is talking about one or the other without acknowledging the concept. And Russian guy who can’t ever use parentheses correctly is like “[yes] [I] [correct] ((already)))).”

(Kinjal) #36

Maybe the name of a thread is wrong, but “List of Brink clans” not sound right too.

(Auzner) #37

Your comrade assumed those are a list of clans in a league I think. Does Brink have a league formed yet? I honestly don’t know how video game leagues are constructed.

Your list is of every clan that plans to play Brink (competitive or non-competitive)?
Or a list of every clan that is in the same Brink league?

I’m assuming that was the original question all along.

(Kinjal) #38

It’s a list of clans, teams etc. who gonna test Brink.

(light_sh4v0r) #39

That was just a single guy afaik, not a clan. Still rediculous though xD

(INF3RN0) #40

[QUOTE=brbrbr;245319]is there anti-competive scene/league created/exist somewhere ?
for people, just enjoing game and gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Check out the stat padders XP saver server COMING SOON. Or just don’t play the game :wink:.