Community Events and Initiatives - We Want to Help!

(Silvanoshi) #1

Hello Tapir lovers!

Hopefully each of you feels the same way, but as far as I’m concerned, the core community surrounding Splash Damage and our various titles is one of the best gaming communities out there. Having worked with, and been a member of, plenty; I saying this from a place of experience on both sides of the fence.

While we’ll certainly be looking to run plenty of community initiatives surrounding our titles, we very much want to support those awesome community members who’re running their own events within the community as well. It’s those members who truly demonstrate how awesome community initiatives can be, and we want to make their efforts even more successful.

If you’re running a community event or initiative for one of Splash Damage’s titles, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us, and we’ll see if there’s any way that we can bring your efforts to even more people :). Ideally, it would be fantastic if you could send me a PM a week before whatever you’re organising is announced/takes place.

Here’s to working toward even more awesome community efforts!

(tokamak) #2

Who wrote that ‘Strolling Soldier’ blog back in the ETQW demo? There were a few instalments if I’m not mistake but it was an amazing read for anyone who hadn’t played the game yet. Was it SD or an external blogger?

EDIT: Found the author (not the article) it was Bongoboy.

(Silvanoshi) #3

[QUOTE=tokamak;506138]Who wrote that ‘Strolling Soldier’ blog back in the ETQW demo? There were a few instalments if I’m not mistake but it was an amazing read for anyone who hadn’t played the game yet. Was it SD or an external blogger?

EDIT: Found the author (not the article) it was Bongoboy.[/QUOTE]

Bongoboy is one of our very own here in the studio. A masterful wordsmith, and someone who’s busy developing narrative for our various titles. Who knows, maybe the Strolling Soldier can make the transition to near future London.

But alas, we’re straying slightly off-topic here, even if it is entertaining :).