Certain # of Posts Before Thread Creation

(kamikazee) #41

[QUOTE=Slade05;292043]Splash knows better than to hand over any game forums after what Activision did, I believe.[/QUOTE]SD could at least host a “Brink forums” copy on their own servers, then ceremoniously nuke it themselves when it has hit critical mass.

(Apoc) #42

Been following the brink forum for as long as its been running, and the etqw before then (since the actifail). This last week i have found it impossible to keep up with the brink forum, its a mess. Im pretty sure there are at least 3 times more repeated questions than there are others, and every decent thread gets pushed back pages and pages in hours, making it a chore to use :frowning:

Just split the brink forum into PC, XBOX, PS3 and general

1/4 the spam, and far easier to find people on your wavelength

(Nail) #43

"Just split the brink forum into PC, XBOX, PS3 and general "

They’ve done that and more on the Beth forums

(Pegazus) #44

That will divide the community into smaller parts. Doubt that is what we need.

SD perhaps should be on the lookout for loyal volunteers, who might get notified of new threads created in Brink section for the next few weeks. Then they can decide if this question has been already asked and then guide the author to the right section. Better than to just block newcomers from making new threads. Obviously this plan has many flaws, because once someone gets power (reputation)… well we have seen what has happened so far.

(Nail) #45

rep wars have not affected post quality

“That will divide the community into smaller parts. Doubt that is what we need.”

and yet Bethesda has done just that and organized their forums into something comprehensive and meaningful

(.Chris.) #46

Aren’t the different platforms already split communities? There’s no cross platform play, each game will have their own unique technical problems to some extent and yeah it would reduce the fanboy war considerably.

(Apples) #47

There is a brink general section? Should be on my ignore list then because I dont see it that much :smiley:

I already raged about the multiple and repetitive posts / thread going for monthes now, so you know my feeling… I also can do pretty stoopid posts so I dont say I’m better than a newb, but at least I try to read up and search before creating a new topic, that should be the minimum required in every forum IMO.

Peace