Certain # of Posts Before Thread Creation

(Pegazus) #21

Tokamak, What I was trying to say was that it is unhuman to treat newcomers differently.

(tokamak) #22

Oh of course, but I think newcomers are quite inhumane about the shock and awe of repeated new topics to the locals as well.

(Herandar) #23

**** you, you *ing **** ***** *** and **** *** llama- ***. Eat ******** tacos and ********* while *** ***ing Margaret Thatcher *** ****** *** with a kumquat!!

Hmm, no I guess we don’t.

(This post is not actually censored.)

(Pegazus) #24

“Freedom of speech” doesn’t include swearing.

(DarkangelUK) #25

The Red vs Blue forums require your reputation to reach level 5 before you can create threads, and they currently have 1,026,106 users with an average of 3,000 online at any one time… didn’t seem to do them any harm.

(Dthy) #26

I was thinking that users could only start a thread after they have X amount of posts getting and average of X rating. The thing is from what i’ve noticed on these forums (for me anyway) reputation is hardly ever given out. Granted i only really stay in 2 parts of these forums, but meh.

(stealth6) #27

Omg, How dare these people come here asking questions, what are they trying to do…
Get Answers? Start a conversation? Ridiculous!

I suggest a 100 post limit and a 50 point rep before they can start creating new threads, we’ll see where we go from there…

EDIT: After reviewing my post I realize I’m being too tolerant, They should also have sent and received at least 20 private messages and used the strogg tapir emoticon at least 30 times.
They should then refer the Splashdamage forums to at least 10 friends, these people then have to sign a petition that the applicant should send to badman, along with there personal details like name, address and home number should we need to contact them in an emergency (For instance them not posting anything for a week)

EDIT2: Lastly they have to submit a 1000 word essay in the Introduction forums explaining their whole life story, their profile also has to have all the optional fields filled out.

(shagileo) #28

Now we’re talking
Start updating those forum plugins, guys - 't is time for some serious business :stroggtapir:

(DarkangelUK) #29

Did anyone order a drama queen? Anyone? No? Sorry stealth9, no one has a use for you.

(Slade05) #30

9 must be an evil tween of 6!

(Pegazus) #31

He has a point. The system has worked like it is currently for years, no need to change it now.

(DarkangelUK) #32

The system worked like it is because there was no where near the amount of traffic that we’re seeing now… and this is BEFORE release. Anyway, as I said, I’ve got far more realistic reasons to not implement my original suggestion.

I’m guessing however that things will settle down a bit once the game is released and we get some more specific sections created… break things up a bit.

(Mustang) #33

I’d be perfectly happy if this was tightened up for the next few weeks
Went to bed, got up, 500 new threads in “Brink General Discussion”
Nothing too anal, maybe 10+ can start new topics with approval, 25+ is unrestricted

(light_sh4v0r) #34

I gave up reading it all, I just can’t keep up and with all the useless chatter I can’t be bothered to spend too much time in there anyway.

(.Chris.) #35

I counted 1 post in the Brink section from yourself on the last 2 pages of your recent replies. The system works well enough for the editing sections but beyond that it isn’t. The Brink section in the space of a week has become a nightmare to follow.

(Herandar) #36

Not on this forum, obviously not. But elsewhere…

(shagileo) #37

This is so true

I don’t mind people getting excited and speculating about the game, but jeesh, I think I stopped reading the Brink section after the first month
From then on, it went from bad to worse

I’ll check back when things are calmer

(tokamak) #38

There’s a certain sense of beauty to it. A small community of elitists being overwhelmed with ‘guests’ who started forming it into their own place.

This forum section is pretty much the founder’s tower.

(Nail) #39

they should rename the brink section “Container City”

(tokamak) #40

Yeah and then a new section locked to old farts and call it ‘Founder’s Tower’ where we can be smug about ourselves.