can't find mod file location on windows 10

(beenlord) #1

sooo recently I bought return to castle wolfenstein on gog and started playing through it, I noticed however that some of the weapon models looked familiar…it was soon after that i remembered this game from waaay back in the day when i was stuck on a laptop and this was one of the few games i could play, so i downloaded it a few hours ago to try it out and tried joining a server, apparently it autodownloaded a mod or something but didn’t let me join the server for some reason :confused: the mod messed up the home screen so i wanted to get rid of it, i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but it didn’t work and the mods still show up in the mods section :S i checked the console and it said that the mods where in a folder in the games main folder in program filesx86 but when i checked no such file was there. is this a windows 10 related bug? i just don’t want my game to get clogged with mods over time with no way of deleting them

(beenlord) #2

never mind! i figured it out :stuck_out_tongue: apparently there’s some files in the appdata folder which had all my downloads in, i deleted what i guess the game servers downloaded so things are all good now ^^

(Runeforce) #3

Which you find by typing %APPDATA% in Windows Explorer’s (Windows + e) address line, or you can type it into the Windows ‘run’ dialog box (Windows + r) directly and it opens a new instance of Explorer for you on that location, which is hidden at C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming.

(Smurfer) #4

Upgrade to Windows 7. Take back control over your own pc while destroying a huge pile of spyware.

…Couldn’t resist. :smiley:

(Runeforce) #5

[QUOTE=Smurfer;569993]Upgrade to Windows 7. Take back control over your own pc while destroying a huge pile of spyware.

…Couldn’t resist. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, replace one injustice with another and everything is a-ok. To take control over your pc you would switch to GNU/Linux and avoid proprietary software.

…got triggered :smiley:

(Smurfer) #6

I happily accept my defeat. :smiley: v56