Brinstar [Alpha 1]

(Donnovan) #21

I’m stuned about this map. I’ts like on the strange dreans i have.
This map have spirit, it’s more than 0’s and 1’s, i can feel another world in my roten meat.

Congratulations, it’s something among time. You unified X, Y, Z and T, like is it was I, II, III and IV.

Not sure if i already said, but, congratulations!

(Ashog) #22

beans? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

(Apples) #23

[QUOTE=Donnovan;262353]I’m stuned about this map. I’ts like on the strange dreans i have.
This map have spirit, it’s more than 0’s and 1’s, i can feel another world in my roten meat.

Congratulations, it’s something among time. You unified X, Y, Z and T, like is it was I, II, III and IV.

Not sure if i already said, but, congratulations![/QUOTE]

I do really want the mutliple drugs you got over there don :wink: A little mix of all kinds would suit me fine actually, send them to meh! send them to meh!

(Donnovan) #24

Chris,

I fixed you brinstar_breakable script object. Fix is simple:

1 - On file scripts/maps/generic/destructible_objective_brinstar.script, change the line 165 from “setHealth(health-5);” to “setHealth(health-0);”.

2 - Open the map in EditWorld, locate the entity “mother_brain_jar” and add the key/value “collection_deployables” “deployables”.

3 - You can remove the old collections key/values: “collection_law_damage” “law_damage” and “collection_target_veh_all” “vehicles”.

Effect:

Step 1 will avoid the jar not getting destroyed when it health get to zero by a light weapon, but will make light weapons give no damage to the jar.
Step 2 will re-add the light weapon damage.

Extra:

You can make the object (in this case the mother brain jar) destroyable by booth teams just removing lines 154,155,156,157,158.

PS: I made some destroyable cover on my new map and this cover got destroyed after it take some damage.

(Donnovan) #25

You also dont need this custom script. You can do that with vanilla stuff:

In the gameplay/destructible/strogg/secondary entity (in this case mother_brain_jar) you can add those kay values:

“collection_deployables” “deployables”
“health” “1000” (or any other health ammount)
“scriptobject” “destructible_objective_strategic”

This will make it destructible. Damage will work as on Deployables.

So just need those 3 key/values to make it destructible.

The badies:

• It will not have floating health bar.
  • The explosion will be a supply crate explosion. Better or not tham your script, since it does not generate explosion. Depends on if you desire a small explosion or a big explosion.

(.Chris.) #26

I would need custom script for what I had planned for the mother brain though. Also why would I need explosion for glass? You can trigger fx through mapscript and have multiple ones at different locations like I did for the water gushing out.

Anyway good work.

(Boktor) #27

Looks promising, Donnovan! I will give this a try this weekend.

(Boktor) #28

“health” “1000” (or any other health ammount)
“scriptobject” “destructible_objective_strategic”
“collection_deployables” “deployables”

Wow, Donnovan, these key pairs work excellently! How did you figure this out?

They even work when used with key pairs for a regular destructible objective:
With the team key, you can set the object to be invincible to one team.
With “dmg_splash_damage” “damage_objective_explosion” the explosion is deadly.
And with a bunch of other key pairs, the person who destroys the objective gets XP.