Better delete the Grandeur than let it like that

(parmenion59) #1

It was aleardy pretty bad but now…

PDP better long range, assault riffle better mid range, what the spot of this weapon?

Now it require 1 HS and 2 body shot for killing a 110hp+ merc, the TTK for doing this even with perfect aim is too long, a skilled player with automatic weapon kill you faster.
The dispersion is still huge despite the buff.

What Grandeur’s main users think of this patch?

(woodchip) #2

I am amazed they actually nerfed the Grandeur again. But at least it also came with hefty nerfs to the Dreiss so there’s a (small) chance the Grandeur might have some role. With the 30% spread reduction it might be ok.

(ThunderZsolt) #3

@parmenion59 said:

PDP better long range, assault riffle better mid range, what the spot of this weapon?

Better than PDP mid range, better than assault rifles long range, that is the spot…

On the other hand, I agree with you on the shots-to-kill against 110HP mercs. 1 more damage wouldn’t break the balance.

(Guziol) #4

I really don’t understand those changes to grandeur. The maximum spread decrease was the only positive change and the spread is still gigantic so you never want to fire that quickly to reach it. Everything else got worse and the weapon was already shite.

(Da_Mummy) #5

Just change the Bodyshot Damage Back to 40 and HS to 80 and you should be golden right now. I don’t see the problem since the ROF that everybody keeps complaining about is pointless because of that humongous kick of the weapon and it gets pretty outclassed by Rifles and SMGs in CQC and even mid range sometimes.
Sorry I get pissy when you take my crutches away SD

(bgyoshi) #6

It was pretty bad before too

But remember they’re balancing this stuff for pro 5v5 so they’re assuming the majority of shots are headshots anyway

(parmenion59) #7

I try hard to play this shit, sometimes it work well and then i switch on an other merc / weapon and I tell myself “why the fuck i keep trying the grandeur, this weapon is much more effective in every situation!”

(Szakalot) #8

i miss the 2 year old super spammy super inaccuratte auto-shotty grandeur

(parmenion59) #9

The 1st Grandeur was fine, a lot of dispersion and low RoF but the damage 40 /80 was really good. I hope they balance it this way, instead of lowered damage and buff accuracy

(watsyurdeal) #10

Honestly, they just need to decide what they want to do with it.

Personally I’d be fine with in it’s current state, if the gun’s accuracy was more consistent.

Like…just go play CS GO, use an AK, fire each shot pinpoint accurate, or the Ambassador in TF2. Just make the gun reward patience and good aim, not punish it.

(woodchip) #11

It’s still not very good. But it’s not outrageously bad either and with the rest of the snipers + Dreiss heavily nerfed it might be ok.

(Guziol) #12

I find it allright on aimee now. Her snitch debuff makes or brakes the gun. Still not feeling like playing redeye grandeur anymore.

(JJMAJR) #13

@ThunderZsolt said:

@parmenion59 said:

Better than PDP mid range, better than assault rifles long range, that is the spot…

On the other hand, I agree with you on the shots-to-kill against 110HP mercs. 1 more damage wouldn’t break the balance.

imo assault rifles are better at long range than the grandeur

(woodchip) #14

@JJMAJR said:

@ThunderZsolt said:

@parmenion59 said:

imo assault rifles are better at long range than the grandeur

Yeah, ARs are better at everything still. Redeye probably should still always use Dreiss/PDP for, and Aimee should probably use Pdp. But as Guz said at least Aimee’s snitch can make the gun feel strong. Especially because the Snitch is now much easier to maintain.

The damage is still really low for a gun that is inaccurate after 3 shots. It’s easier to land those 3 shots now but the max spread reduction doesn’t really help the gun because you still need to be headshot precise in order for the gun not to have very inferior TTK.

If Grandeur isn’t going to 1 shot auras then it needs either less bloom or better ADS sights. Better sights would be my preferred solution because then Grandeur would have a unique hipfire / ADS hybrid style. Right now the sights are just too obstructive together with the high vertical recoil causing you to completely lose targets.

(spectre_nc) #15

I’ve used Grandeur on Aimee (I don’t really enjoy Redeye) in pubs. I actually think the gun is not very far from being balanced. Headshot damage is still its strong point but IMO not enough to justify the bloom and obstructive sights, and 4 bodyshots or 2+1 for a 110 mercs is… Meh. I mean it can work at mid range, and can do some work at long range and can maybe scuff some gunfights at close range but it’s honestly not enough. I personally think a +1 damage would do it, considering a single leg shot means one additional shot is required.

The thing is that the Grandeur is similar to burst rifles balance-wise: it’s a difficult gun to use, but before the nerfs a mildly competent user could 1 ping Auras and Sparks left and right and 1+1 120 hp mercs, just like burst rifles could melt anything close, mid and long range.

It’s a tricky spot to balance, and I can understand the way SD operated: hilariously huge nerf first, then slowly buff until it becomes reasonably balanced. They did a similar thing with shotguns, and I personally like how they are right now.

(c4Te) #16

We will tweak the Grandeur in the next update and up the damage slightly

(watsyurdeal) #17

@c4Te said:

37 damage is all it needs

(NexDroid) #18

Please, please, please add a scope to Grandeur - well that kind that blishlok has. Current iron sights are terrible, it blocks too much of a vision.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #19

@c4Te said:

Would rather the damage stay the same, but increase accuracy and rpm a bit.

(Xenithos) #20

@“Mr.Cuddlesworth” said:

@c4Te said:

Would rather the damage stay the same, but increase accuracy and rpm a bit.

Personally I’m with you on this one. But your changes would also make it a little bit more like the dreiss instead of a mid range rifle like it’s meant to be and most players prefer it as.