Be Splash Damage's Next Community Manager!

(badman) #1

A new blog post has been added:

Be Splash Damage’s Next Community Manager!

Do you enjoy building and growing communities? Is social media your second (or first) home? Do you live and breathe gaming? If you answered yes to one or two or more of these questions, read on! If not, read on just in case.

We’re looking for a Community Manager to join us full-time at our headquarters near London, England. You’ll be working closely with our live and PX teams to drive our overall community strategy and help us become the most player-focused developer in the world. Also, you’ll get to work with/endure me, so double-yay for that.

Check out the full Community Manager job description for everything else you need to know, and to submit your application.

Splash Damage offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Check out our Culture section to find out more about what it’s like to work here and don’t forget to browse our extensive Living in London guide for everything you need to know about moving to London and living here.

We look forward to hearing from you!

(retsy) #2

It kills me that I can’t come live in the UK and be this for everyone (especially myself), I feel sad. Super-distant telecommuting should be an option! What if a Strogg wanted to apply? How far is Stroggos anyways?

Maybe one day you can open a SD Canada office and I will run it for you promise I woudn’t wreck the place too badly

The one hired into this position will be the luckiest mammal on earth.

:stroggtapir:

(badman) #3

Aww. It’s an on-site position sadly, but who knows, maybe we’ll take over Canada at some point. :slight_smile:

(Nail) #4

like you wimps could

but retsy is right, you should open a North American office in Canada, great tax breaks, cheap natural gas and electricity, nice folks. The best recreational areas and within 100 km from anywhere you choose, we have fishing in a gazillion lakes and rivers.

In short, it’s freakin beautiful, inexpensive and even here, where we just had the coldest winter since 1898, we still average 316 days of sunshine a year, tons for solar supplements, plus we have great cheeses

(light_sh4v0r) #5

Noone can match Badman :slight_smile:
Are you looking for a different job or do you need someone to do the job with?

(Nail) #6

badman’s title is now “Lead” Community Manager, methinks they’re hiring minions

(d3v1ous1) #7

Congrats badman!

(badman) #8

[QUOTE=light_sh4v0r;494433]Noone can match Badman :slight_smile:
Are you looking for a different job or do you need someone to do the job with?[/QUOTE]
In a nutshell, I’m moving into a slightly different role, and this new person is going to take care of day-to-day community management. Pretty exciting all around. :slight_smile:

(stroggsoldier) #9

I have a question, I applied to this position directly, although there’s also mention of the job opening at gamesjobsdirect.com. Is it ok if I apply through there too? Or is it enough here?

(twt_thunder) #10

well, Badman I hope this new person is as good and quick to answear on pm’s about different things and as good to direct people to the right people as you are.

Anyway congrats :smiley: :smiley:

(badman) #11

Direct is best, but in general everything goes to the same source, eventually. :slight_smile:

(badman) #12

[QUOTE=thunder_13th;494624]well, Badman I hope this new person is as good and quick to answear on pm’s about different things and as good to direct people to the right people as you are.

Anyway congrats :smiley: :D[/QUOTE]
To that I’ll say that our overall aim with this position is to become better at regularly interacting with all of you and doing more of the things you enjoy. :slight_smile:

(Snotling) #13

I approve! :slight_smile:

(retsy) #14

[QUOTE=badman;494379]Aww. It’s an on-site position sadly, but who knows, maybe we’ll take over Canada at some point. :)[/QUOTE] I would super like if that could happen. all of Nail’s comments are correct (and i’m not sure I ever knew you were a Canadian too, Nail! fist bump

(stroggsoldier) #15

Great, I asked because on the gamesjobsdirect.com job entry, it doesnt provide the “in 150 or less chars tell us what makes you unique” field. Would it hurt my chances if i sent my application thru there too?

(badman) #16

If you’ve already gone through our own careers section, there’s no need to submit again through a third party site. All good!

(stroggsoldier) #17

Great! cheers! I really want this job, and I’ll be the second best community manager, after you of course! :smiley:

(tokamak) #18

Been managing a community for five years. That memberbase contains way more extreme personalities than these folks here. They really know how to push you to your diplomatic boundaries. This job would be like a vacation where I get to toy with Drupal.

It’s not full time though, that would be the only thing missing from the requirements.

(potty200) #19

I am so tempted to apply. Seeing as I am probably moving back to Surrey soon. Would be awesome to work with such a unique company.

(stroggsoldier) #20

Yes, SD is awesome!:slight_smile: