Be More Objective, VIDEO Play-through (Level 20 Character) 2-star and 3-star.

(General Techniq) #1

This is a video commentary of a Level 20 character beating the infamous “Be More Objective” challenge on the2-star and 3-star settings. ENJOY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhdNo-C9pjI

The keywords here are LEVEL 20 CHARACTER.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them in the comments for the video page or here in this thread. :slight_smile:

(.FROST.) #2

OH, oh, oh, that was crap. I don’t wanna rain on your parade, but the console AI is lame as “S”. Show me some PC footage of a level 20 two star “be more objective” challenge and I’ll believe, but this? No, no, no, this is rank 1 AI on the PC, at most.

I stopped watching the video, after he planted all his engiee stuff right in front of the generator, whilst 3 enemy AI guys were hanging around there.

In PL(PC-life) he would be dead before he could have accomplished to build 25% of the turret.

(Aristotle) #3

[QUOTE=.FROST.;333241]
In PL(PC-life) he would be dead before he could have accomplished to build 25% of the turret.[/QUOTE]

This.

(chars)

(General Techniq) #4

[QUOTE=Aristotle;333243][QUOTE=.FROST.;333241]OH, oh, oh, that was crap. I don’t wanna rain on your parade, but the console AI is lame as “S”. Show me some PC footage of a level 20 two star “be more objective” challenge and I’ll believe, but this? No, no, no, this is rank 1 AI on the PC, at most.

I stopped watching the video, after he planted all his engiee stuff right in front of the generator, whilst 3 enemy AI guys were hanging around there.

In PL(PC-life) he would be dead before he could have accomplished to build 25% of the turret.[/QUOTE]
This.

(chars)[/QUOTE]

Wow, a PC vs Console argument… forgive me if I don’t sprint to engage in such fail along side you. :slight_smile:

How did that one forum poster’s signature go, again…???

… "Don’t argue with an Idiot. They’ll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

…hmmmm. :confused:

(Aristotle) #5

[QUOTE=.FROST.;333241]

This.

Also, you do know that you don’t have to climb the boxes every time to get to the intel right.

(General Techniq) #6

[QUOTE=General Techniq;333246][QUOTE=Aristotle;333247]
Also, you do know that you don’t have to climb the boxes every time to get to the intel right.[/QUOTE]
Right :slight_smile: [/QUOTE]
This.

(Shadowcat) #7

His methods may not be the most efficent, but as a tutorial for people who are having issues with these challenges, I think he presents a straight-forward and easy to follow method.

I think everyone is being a bit hyper-critical. As far as I know, the AI don’t act different between the platforms. A player character would’ve stopped him from planting many of those turrets, yes, but that’s not really the point, this is challenge is vs AI only.

(Aristotle) #8

[QUOTE=Shadowcat;333250]His methods may not be the most efficent, but as a tutorial for people who are having issues with these challenges, I think he presents a straight-forward and easy to follow method.

I think everyone is being a bit hyper-critical. As far as I know, the AI don’t act different between the platforms. A player character would’ve stopped him from planting many of those turrets, yes, but that’s not really the point, this is challenge is vs AI only.[/QUOTE]

I’m not saying it won’t work, and as you can tell in the video it does indeed work on the console. That’s the only thing I think he should add. It’s no mystery that the console AI is weakish, how many different threads have we seen that had people complaining about it.

Also, sorry about the double post, my wireless router was acting up.

(Sabayon) #9

Good for console gamers… Terrible strat for PC obviously.

(General Techniq) #10

What I did forget to mention in the video, though, was that I always use the top entrance when hitting the intel objective because often times going in through the bottom will draw enemies towards you and you’ll have to fight your way out more than if you’d went through the top.

Actually, there’s a lot of little tidbits I leave out in the commentary, just because I either forget to mention them or because I simply can’t talk that fast, lol. :slight_smile:

(morguen87) #11

Cool vid, I beat it on 2 already for the unlocks but haven’t tried 3 yet. It’s one of the harder challenges for sure, but I must have two left hands or something cause parkour this level 2 took me way more tries and I don’t even want to try level 3 on that. I enjoyed this vid, any chance you could make some for the other challenges? I’d watch them and I’m sure others would too.

(Aristotle) #12

[QUOTE=General Techniq;333256]
Actually, there’s a lot of little tidbits I leave out in the commentary, just because I either forget to mention them or because I simply can’t talk that fast, lol. :)[/QUOTE]

Hire an auctioneer :stuck_out_tongue:

(General Techniq) #13

I know you guys are quite bitter about this challenge at level 20 on PC. It’s understandable with how ridiculous it is. But don’t go thinking that it’s easier on the console.

My thread isn’t about how to easily beat this challenge. It’s about how to barely get through by the hair of your freaking balls.
Console players are getting mauled by this challenge on level 20 characters.
It may look like it was easily accomplished to you, but one step in a wrong direction, too much hesitation at a key point, too much engagement at a certain time… you’re staring at the “retry mission” button.

I’m not trying to be funny or anything, but I’m pretty sure that my video is the only one up on youtube of someone beating “Be More Objective” 2-star and 3-star on a level 20 character on the Xbox, which I think (considering the legions of brink videos on youtube) just might count for something. Just sayin…

I was really serious when I said that some of the irrational things I did in the video was the way to go. The AI is freaking ridiculous on this, it’s truly the most efficient way to get things done.
For example… Maybe, I irrationally repair an objective crouched into a tiny bit of cover with my back to the enemy even as they fire on me, but if I faced them and or stopped repairing to fight them off I was 100% in for a hell of a beatdown from the ridiculous AI.

Just thought I’d upload this to help out a few players here and there.

(weeschwee) #14

sweet video! some good tips in there and your comments were very professional. it’s too bad i can’t say the same about my fellow pc gamers. i’ve been able to plant turrets and mines with ai right in front of me too. sometimes they are aggressive and accurate and other times they stand in plain view or miss completely. whatever the case, there’s no need to be a jerk. the video clearly wasn’t to impress or flex his gaming muscles. i enoyed the vid. thanks general techniq!

(Sabayon) #15

[QUOTE=General Techniq;333265]I know you guys are quite bitter about this challenge at level 20 on PC. It’s understandable with how ridiculous it is. But don’t go thinking that it’s easier on the console.

My thread isn’t about how to easily beat this challenge. It’s about how to barely get through by the hair of your freaking balls.
Console players are getting mauled by this challenge on level 20 characters.
It may look like it was easily accomplished to you, but one step in a wrong direction, too much hesitation at a key point, too much engagement at a certain time… you’re staring at the “retry mission” button.

I’m not trying to be funny or anything, but I’m pretty sure that my video is the only one up on youtube of someone beating “Be More Objective” 2-star and 3-star on a level 20 character on the Xbox, which I think (considering the legions of brink videos on youtube) just might count for something. Just sayin…[/QUOTE]

Thats why i said it was good for console gamers. Never hated on the video. :penguin:

(General Techniq) #16

LOL. Cool beans, man. :slight_smile:

(.FROST.) #17

If it looks easy, it is easy, I’m level 20 and I’ve played this particular two star challenge at the very least 50-60 times, since I’m level 17. I know, how it should look to be impossible hard, like it is on PC. I’m not arguing about what’s better, console, or PC? I’m so totally not interessted in this type of discussion, but the console AI is definitely different.
Show me your trick on PC and I’ll shut my mouth forever, I totally promise.

And the one thing I absolutely don’t understand is, that all the other challenges are a totally different league. I never needed more than 3 or 4 tries at level 17 and two star. What is it with this damn “be more objective” thing. What is SD thinking with this one? Some kind of inside joke?

I only mastered it once with my level 1 dummy char in solo and once with my level 20 char in 4 player coop mode. Till now, I’m not able to achieve this with my fully pimped level 20 main char.

(Kurnuttaja) #18

PC has 2 disadvantages over consoles:

1. Clever enemy AI
  2. 30fps cap

So you have to fight against harder bots while lagging all the time.

(Up&Down) #19

[QUOTE=Kurnuttaja;333323]PC has 2 disadvantages over consoles:

1. Clever enemy AI
    2. 30fps cap

So you have to fight against harder bots while lagging all the time.[/QUOTE]

Heeeeeeey 30fps cap on PC!?

got proof?

(TeoH) #20

The PC version does only display 30fps when running in listen server mode, which includes on all the challenges and single player content. Doesn’t matter what your FPS meter reads, the game only actually generates a different image 30 times per second, it’s immediately obvious just looking at it for anyone used to 60+.

That limitation doesn’t apply to online play.