banned for using the sniper reload glitch?

(Dthy) #41

Not a problem on ProMod, the sniper bug is used by everyone.

(Rex) #42

I might add, by everyone who is capable of doing it. :wink:

Btw nice avatar Dthwsh :smiley:

(Dthy) #43

[QUOTE=Rex;412677]I might add, by everyone who is capable of doing it. :wink:

Btw nice avatar Dthwsh :D[/QUOTE]

Eh, I think everyone can do it just some haven’t tried :wink:

I needed to change it, my old one resembled to many nights out recently… :o

(cloudhalo) #44

dont get me wrong dthwsh but arent u apart of s.g.s clan an didnt samurai say no members still play etqw, but i saw u playin in september, :slight_smile: on a side note i want to join s.g.s for etqw of course and is’nt it an invite only clan? if it isn’t how may i join?

(Dthy) #45

I’m a part of sGs but was never in their ETQW team (they played and left QW long before I even started playing it). I joined them for BRINK but never had a good enough PC to play it competitively. I still play (well, used to) simply because I haven’t found another game which can keep my interest (that and I actually have fun playing it). I doubt (in fact am pretty sure) that sGs aren’t going to ever to return to ETQW (but hey, who knows? The futures weird) so joining sGs for ETQW would be impossible.

(Coliseum) #46

Quickscope frequently causes my game to lag badly, completely negating any benefits I might have had from it. Am I doing it wrong perhaps?
Feel a bit like a noob for asking after 5 years of playing, but ok…

(Dthy) #47

[QUOTE=Coliseum;413686]Quickscope frequently causes my game to lag badly, completely negating any benefits I might have had from it. Am I doing it wrong perhaps?
Feel a bit like a noob for asking after 5 years of playing, but ok…[/QUOTE]

Hmm, only reason I can think this is happening is the weapon switch lag, when you switch too fast (I think, can’t remember exactly) and you’re stuck in place for a few seconds.

(Coliseum) #48

That’s exactly what happens to me, but it’s not while switching weapons, but during the unscoping of (mainly) the sniper rifle, without me switching for my silenced. I’ll dig up Samurai’s vids, see what he’s doing differently.

Edit: not much it would seem. I scope, shoot + unscope, but often never get a chance to fire a second shot or reach for a different weapon, as I’m frozen in place for at least a second while unscoping. Will see if I can get that in demo or something.

(Dthy) #49

I tried finding it in one of his vids (I couldn’t find it). Mainly the sniper? So it happens with other weapons?

(Coliseum) #50

It may be my brain that just wants things to go faster, but I get the feeling weapon switching is also very unresponsive sometimes. Not nearly as noticeable as the sniper though.

Linky to Samu’s vids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgqWSO-vAK0

(Dthy) #51

[QUOTE=Coliseum;413711]It may be my brain that just wants things to go faster, but I get the feeling weapon switching is also very unresponsive sometimes. Not nearly as noticeable as the sniper though.

Linky to Samu’s vids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgqWSO-vAK0[/QUOTE]

I managed to watch that vid to find it an missed it… #derp That’s caused by switching at the wrong speed (can’t remember if it’s either too fast or too slow, I’ll have to check)

(r3fleX) #52

So are we talking about all snipers (railgun & sniper rifle) or do u have no problems with the rail but only the sniper?

It’s been a while since i’ve done the technique for quickscoping in qw, from what i remember… railgun is really easy you just scope+shoot at same time and there’s no lag if you want to switch to blaster. But with the sniper rifle if you do it too fast it will display the animation+sound of being shot but no bullet will fire, also if you do it too slow you will either get stuck in scope, or an invisible lag movement thing where it kind of pins you to the spot for a second occurs. You just have to get the right timing between shooting + unscoping as i think there’s a tiny delay (like a millisecond) between shooting and when you should press to unscope and all should be smooth.

(Coliseum) #53

Ah, it’s the Samurai himself! Then it’s definitely a timing problem on my side, as it’s only the sniper giving me problems. I’m being too slow on the controls it seems. I’ll see what I can do to fix that. Cheers!

(.N.E.R.D.) #54

Ohhhhhhhhh you little glitch0rz. God will punish you !!! :wink:

(Coliseum) #55

But not quite as harshly as people using multiple accounts! :smiley:

(Rex) #56

Rather the god of the noobs with his special rights.

(.N.E.R.D.) #57

Multiple Accounts are ok. Do you wear the same cloths every day ??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO … There you go :wink:

(Celebrian) #58

In Mother Russia clothes wear you …

(Apples) #59

In mother russia russians wear me!