Balance

(pumpkinmeerkat) #1

SD, will we finally see balance changes once Turtle is released? Considering how potentially more broken the shield will make things that are already broken I certainly hope so.

Will there be any changes to the health station or snipers in the Turtle update? Not super excited about bolt action Redeye potential with Vas/Aimee + shield combo :s

With or without a new merc balance has had issues for a very long time now with only minor tweaks to Thunder after over a year. BRs are still very much the strongest weapons in the game and the front loaded damage they deal isn’t particularity rewarding to play nor fun to play against. These are just two issues, plenty more have been discussed to death here and on Reddit.

(watsyurdeal) #2

I see no reason Thunder’s health shouldn’t be nerfed to 150, makes him less bullshit to fight, and allows you to close the distance faster on people you concussed from afar, so you can kill them before it wears off.

Beyond that, I am more interested in seeing if they change Red Eye, so people stop complaining when I play him. :confused:

(ostmustis) #3

yes please! I have the required changes for a great patch right here:

nerf: burst, kira, thunder, fletcher, driess, aura station.
rework: rhino, sparks, shotguns,
remove: all recons except for aimee who we give smgs instead.

Make skyhammers airstrike 1 impact shorter but 15 second less cd + shooting unarmed mines destorys then without them exploding. Make the arming sound for the mines play before they are armed and not after and finally, add a better ads to the timik.

(TheStrangerous) #4

Well they better be? With so many mercs released, with so many exploits found, the current meta getting very tiresome.

Unless they are working too hard on Javelin? Each new merc = new meta = more balancing issues.

I am hoping for some balance changes as well.
Especially ranked suffers a lot as that is the mode where various crutches are being abused to the fullest.

(GatoCommodore) #6

@ostmustis said:

nerf: burst, kira,

nerf: kira

stopped reading there

(bgyoshi) #7

MOA and FE-LIX should be 1 shot headshot kills on every merc period

But the rate of fire on both guns needs to be mad reduced. Like 1.5x or twice as long between shots

And recoil should be maddening per shot on all sniper rifles

And scope wobble while scoped and moving on all scoped weapons

And put a scope on the BR

And maybe just remove Fletcher

Or not

I don’t know

(Foxyens) #8

@ostmustis said:

Make skyhammers airstrike 1 impact shorter but 15 second less cd + shooting unarmed mines destorys then without them exploding. Make the arming sound for the mines play before they are armed and not after and finally, add a better ads to the timik.

I don’t see why Aura and Kira would need a nerf.

(Dawnlazy) #9

@Foxyens said:

@ostmustis said:

I don’t see why Aura and Kira would need a nerf.

Kira’s fine in my view but Aura is a problem because she can put another station up immediately after you take the first one down. If the cooldown was halted at around 10 seconds when you have a station up, it wouldn’t be a problem. It gets even worse if there are 2 Auras, because then you have to take out 4 stations.

(XP_Expert) #10

@ostmustis said:

did you said nurf thunder?
we need burf thunder with nurf burst.
the reason why thunder’s good is you using stark.

(HammerOfDawn21) #11

Instead of nerfing every Merc in the game to fix what was broken by one merc, they should just nerf Turtle.

Granted some Mercs deserve nerfing now and they should be nerfed but it should not be relative to Turtle.

(SatanicUnicorn) #12

@watsyurdeal said:
I see no reason Thunder’s health shouldn’t be nerfed to 150, makes him less bullshit to fight, and allows you to close the distance faster on people you concussed from afar, so you can kill them before it wears off.

Beyond that, I am more interested in seeing if they change Red Eye, so people stop complaining when I play him. :confused:

Really? I find red-eye to be UNDER powered, I mean sure you get a disadvantage when fighting him in front of his smoke, but once he shoots at you, basically fair game

(averagerussian) #13

@SatanicUnicorn said:

@watsyurdeal said:

Really? I find red-eye to be UNDER powered, I mean sure you get a disadvantage when fighting him in front of his smoke, but once he shoots at you, basically fair game

LUL

(GatoCommodore) #14

@SatanicUnicorn said:

@watsyurdeal said:

-Red Eye

-Underpowered

choose one and only one

(SaulWolfden) #15

I hope Fletcher and Vassili get nerfed to 100 hp.

@XP_Expert said:

@ostmustis said:

did you said nurf thunder?
we need burf thunder with nurf burst.
the reason why thunder’s good is you using stark.

The only thing that needs a buff is the MK46 by 1 damage to match what it should be doing. Thunder hasn’t been weak for awhile.

(GodsMistake) #16

I think they should turn ff on in some pubs before they start nerfing things. It seems a lot of these requests could be mitigated if people had to use these weapons or perks more judiciously as opposed to spamming away. Then revisit the issue once you see how gameplay is impacted. Also, it might actually help improve ranked matches because right now, assuming you get into a ranked match, it’s a different experience than pub play. Too many times players shoot right through you because that’s the way they play the other 99% of the time. It’s something to consider.

(watsyurdeal) #17

@SatanicUnicorn said:

@watsyurdeal said:

People feel he is a bit too strong once you get to using him at a certain level, which I personally don’t agree with since that can be true for ANY merc to be honest. But there are certain changes I would accept to Red Eye and still be able to use him the way I have been (Grandeur baby, headshots, nothing but headshots).

Things like 110 hp, shorter smoke duration, just small changes to help even him out a little.

@GodsMistake said:
I think they should turn ff on in some pubs before they start nerfing things. It seems a lot of these requests could be mitigated if people had to use these weapons or perks more judiciously as opposed to spamming away. Then revisit the issue once you see how gameplay is impacted. Also, it might actually help improve ranked matches because right now, assuming you get into a ranked match, it’s a different experience than pub play. Too many times players shoot right through you because that’s the way they play the other 99% of the time. It’s something to consider.

But people are morons, it won’t stop them from spamming, they’ll keep doing it till they are kicked from team killing too many times.

Also…some of us would be tempted to kill people in retaliation for not giving ammo, health, generally being useless, etc

(TheStrangerous) #18

Now I really wish they gave Phantom the EMP nade…
The EMP field is too suicidal, treating Phantom like a walking magnet. Heck, I even played a match with [SD] Exedore (hope I’m pronouncing his name right) and he tried meleeing with Phantom… Is that the way you choose to balance him, SD? You do know what happened to the Assassin class in Lawbreakers, do you?

EMP nade would open many flanking possibilities agains Turtle’s shield and deployable nests currently polluting maps.

(watsyurdeal) #19

@TheStrangerous said:
Now I really wish they gave Phantom the EMP nade…
The EMP field is too suicidal, treating Phantom like a walking magnet. Heck, I even played a match with [SD] Exedore (hope I’m pronouncing his name right) and he tried meleeing with Phantom… Is that the way you choose to balance him, SD? You do know what happened to the Assassin class in Lawbreakers, do you?

EMP nade would open many flanking possibilities agains Turtle’s shield and deployable nests currently polluting maps.

That’s more or less my point

See, the Refractive Armor is not exactly invisible, it’s pretty easy to see, so he’ll walk up, get shot, then get his ability wasted. Or he’ll disable the wall but get mauled by the people around it, effectively wasting a slot of a player.

With a nade he can contribute a lot more, especially if say, the nade displays the deployables on the hud, kinda like a temporary bomb squad.

That and we could actually buff the refractive armor to disable attacking while cloaked, while also making it completely invisible. Or making it so standing still and crouch walking makes you completely invisible.

(bgyoshi) #20

Looks like I pissed off a lot of bad Vassili mains rofl