Balance patch note is here !

(neverplayseriou) #41

I said a rock paper scissors moba which db has literally turned into with the introduction of the recent mercs, turtle counters everything, javelin counters turtle and guardian counters javelin (and other explosive mercs). If you’re to stupid to see that that isn’t my issue.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #42

This is what happens > @Begin2018 said:

Where are the new maps? Where are 8v8 servers? Where are min level 20 servers? Why Javelin isn’t removed yet?

Just another useless patch.

I miss 8v8 :frowning:

(l2c) #43

I got the impression “everyone” thought the Kek was better than the Crotzni already, and now it reloads faster?
For the rest… ranged shotguns and recoil up the wazoo… Atleast they buffed Guardian and Phantom with more XP! D:

(Unrivaled) #44

@neverplayseriou said:
No I’m here to laugh at all the people on the forums that have @$!# all worth a clue about db.

I don’t have the game installed either, I probably won’t install it again, but I think I’ll come here as long as the game still exists just to read this kind of threads lol

(B_Montiel) #45

@neverplayseriou said:
No I’m here to laugh at all the people on the forums that have @$!# all worth a clue about db.

Wait what ? How do you call any Elite premade going duo fragger stack given the opportunity ? A surprise buttf*** ? No, that nerf definitely did not come out of the blue. Since they ostensibly refuse to put merc restriction, it’s what you get.

(FalC_16) #46

@LifeupOmega said:
SMG-9 change does nothing to address its only issue: how @$!# its damage output is compared to the other SMGs.

Spread reduction doesn’t help considering it has ridiculously good spread already.

This. I like SMG 9 regardless…I truly hope they will give it more love in the future updates.

As for the revolvers I don’t understand why they would nerf dmg multiplier. They should have kept it as it was considering they nerfed BPM. They should reward those headshots. They are revolvers after all.

(emjot) #47

@neverplayseriou said:
I said a rock paper scissors moba which db has literally turned into with the introduction of the recent mercs, turtle counters everything, javelin counters turtle and guardian counters javelin (and other explosive mercs). If you’re to stupid to see that that isn’t my issue.

I have to agree on what is behind your words, not the actual words. I see your point and frustration, and this is not the first time I meet with this.

I used to work for other game com, and we had same issue (reason I left).

If you are making game, a product, you have some goals, overall plan and milestones. In such a early phase gameplay is shaping, but more than less we know what we want to deliver.

And now we have two fractions:

1. Casual gamers who like easy games, insta kills, drons, shields and other “cool” stuff.
  2. Now, on the other hand, we have competitive players who wants some competition, skill based gameplay.

You simply cannot eat cookie and have cookie at the same time. SD is doing good job trying to, but in the end, you just can’t have both (look at good game mode not being promoted enough and then removed - execution). I get it, this is not something DB is going into, one game mode (OBJ/2SIDE-OBJ). That’s just proving my previous thought - early phase/shaping.

Back on topic.

Players will give feedback and community is being listened to. Is that right? But, feedback comes from 16 year old casual player, in the same time there is some feedback from competitive player, 2 years veteran, and experienced player (not just DB, but overall,for example me - nearly 30 years old, who started with quake 3d, then moved to quake and ex-unreal tournament LAN addict, still play and still think @neverplayseriou has a lot good points, but put into bad words).

So, now we have 2 totally different feedbacks. And we are going back where we came from, endless loop.

Back in the days, I saw many good players leave games just because developers couldn’t decide which path they should go. In result endproduct is mediocre and purely casual.

And I assure you, I do understand they can’t introduce whatever some veteran wants/casual player wants, it’s very hard to filter any good feedback. I’m not taking any side, this is just my opinion based on experienced from both sides, a player and a developer.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to defend @neverplayseriou I just want to show you two totally different points of view.

(Your worst knifemare.) #48

My favorite part is the Fragger cooldown. Its still a powerful weapon if used right, but it won’t be spammed as much.

Skyhammers changes reward airstrike accuracy with high damage potential.

Aimees buffs will mabye give her more use compared to the others.

Only thing I don’t get changing is Rhino, but it isn’t too major.

(Nail) #49

@Unrivaled said:

@neverplayseriou said:

I don’t have the game installed either, I probably won’t install it again, but I think I’ll come here as long as the game still exists just to read this kind of threads lol

and yet you disagree with me about an update you haven’t played, maybe you’ve heard the saying “Don’t be a dick”

(Sorotia) #50

@neverplayseriou said:

DB isn’t a moba…you called it a moba…mobas function quite differently than FPS.

Plus I see you didn’t have the guts to flag the moderator that basically said the same thing I did lol

(aminuseternal) #51

Don’t know how I feel about the shotguns yet, it feels like it rewards aiming more and such, but at times it feels like sometimes the shots just bounce off at fairly close range.

Burst rifles seem a lot weaker now, but I am terrible at headshots so I might not be the best judge.

Also I don’t really understand why fragger’s nade got a cd nerf, it seemed perfectly fine to me.

(Nail) #52

@Sorotia said:

@neverplayseriou said:

DB isn’t a moba…you called it a moba…mobs function quite differently than FPS.

Plus I see you didn’t have the guts to flag the moderator that basically said the same thing I did lol

you can’t flag moderators

(GatoCommodore) #53

@Nail said:

@Sorotia said:

@neverplayseriou said:

I’m just trying certain feature, pls no ban mr. @Eox

(GatoCommodore) #54

SMG-9 should have more ammo instead of shiddy reload buff

the gun is already accurate enough, the main problem is there are no cards for engie with spares for SMG-9 and the gun run thru ammo very fast especially if youre playing bush and turtle.

(aminuseternal) #55

Update, I landed a literally point blank headshot on a proxy with the remburg and they didn’t die so I don’t know how I feel about this.

(XP_Expert) #56

Thunder became more more more weaker.
RIP Thunder with MK46… :’(

(Terminal_6) #57

@aminuseternal said:
Update, I landed a literally point blank headshot on a proxy with the remburg and they didn’t die so I don’t know how I feel about this.

Seems like the way to use shotguns now is to land the most pellets, seeing as the hitbox region multipliers have been more or less normalized. Center mass is the way to go, but I admit I have yet to try out this update.

But truth is, there’s always a bigger rift between perception and reality with fast-paced, close-range combat. Shotguns are probably always going to have those “wtf that shot was perfect at optimal range how aura/sparps/prox/aims/kira no die???” moments. Those moments are probably going to be exaggerated with this change, if I had to guess.

(GatoCommodore) #58

@XP_Expert said:
Thunder became more more more weaker.
RIP Thunder with MK46… :’(

what?
what happened to the MK46?

(Mc1412013) #59

nerf-date 2017

(Nail) #60

@GatoCommodore said:

@Nail said:

@Sorotia said:

@neverplayseriou said:

I’m just trying certain feature, pls no ban mr. @Eox

that’s not a flag