Back From Hell, Can Someone Fill Me In?

(AlbinMatt) #1

So can someone tell me what happened? Why is everything gray and range? Why is there an angry rust angel and a war rookie next to Nader in the homepage?

Sorry, I haven’t been keeping too much attention to the dev vids, mostly because I had not played in a while and lost a bit of interest. All I know is that the player population got hammered down last May for some reason and SD is overhauling a bunch of UI stuff and adding more bling with the potential of trading soon™ .

Thanks a lot for anyone that can ill me in, I feel like a newborn baby that was born years ago.

(DarkangelUK) #2

This is SD’s main forum and website, you were probably only on their DB forums. They took the DB forums and merged them with the main SD forum into one super forum, so the header image features characters from their other games (Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, DB, ET:QW)

(AlbinMatt) #3

That explains the style change, though it’s a bit disorienting relearning how to navigate the forums. How long have the forums been migrated for?

Also, are you a new moderator? I only ever saw Eox and Kirays in the old forums.

(DarkangelUK) #4

I was a mod over there and over here, but I only really interacted here and not on the DB forums, Kirays and Eox had that under control. I’ve been on the SD forums since 2003 :slight_smile:

Welcome back!

These forums are not even a month old yet and not the final iteration either, so if you have any suggestions you would like to propose feel free to do so.

(AlbinMatt) #6

@DarkangelUK My sincerest apologies, you might be among the oldest one in here then. I had yet to learn how to speak when you signed up for the job.

Sup, @Kirays. Lots of people seem to be complaining about the lost point system, though I don’t mind it all that much. The forums could use a lot more “borders” I would say. Everything feels floaty in the same shade of grey.

It’s still possible to hand out likes via the heart button but yes, the previous points you have accumulated with the old reaction system couldn’t be carried over.

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #8

There’s the witty, yet still respectful, snark I’ve come to know and enjoy from you! Welcome back @AlbinMatt! At least now I won’t be alone in that venture anymore; I’ve no idea where @Nail has been since his last check-in on these forums, so I admit it’s been a bit dull around here without the commentary.

(AlbinMatt) #9

Never expected anyone to remember the street autist, Thanks Wild. Your clan seems to be everywhere now, where do you most of you come from anyway?

@Nail had gotten all rowdy and cranky prior to the mass emigration. He got oddly toxic for a sweet Oldog. It came to a point where the mods had to lock him up for some time. Never seen him since, but maybe it’s time that old salty sailor put his cap in the drawer. I heard he was 60 or something.

(Nail) #10

I’m still here, still laughing at the snowflakes
:orange_octo:

edit: I’m 67 and been here for a bit, don’t see leaving Splash Damage any time soon

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #11

We’re mostly in the EU, with a good handful also coming from areas in Canada and the U.S.; I myself am one of the U.S. players still lingering around DB in OCB. Also I tend to remember the users whose forum posts I bother to read or gain something from, be it entertainment or insight; so I see no reason why I wouldn’t remember you @AlbinMatt.

(AlbinMatt) #12

Oh wow, you might be healthier than three quarters of my family then.

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #13

I’d make the stereotypical joke of “He is ALIVE” but I’ll settle for saying it’s good to hear that you’re still around and kicking @Nail.

(Your worst knifemare.) #14

Welcome back to the world of forums.

(Nail) #15

I’ve been involved with Splash Damage forums for 14 years, never left, not about to. Hopefully after release the entitled snowflakes will fade away or grow a pair and the DB forums will be fun again

(Mc1412013) #16

bring an option for the old theme thats my suggestion