ATTENTION!!!!!

(ne_ZX) #1

Hey everyone, im a ET veteran, been playing since it came out 367 days ago, I am looking for a clan, My skills are very good in Panzer or Covert Ops, I will play Medic and Ill also play Engi n Field Ops if i have to.

(Vaibhav) #2

try your skills at www.merclegion.com

(puubert) #3

My skills are very good in Panzer or Covert Ops

Just a guess on my part, but this won’t impress nobody that runs a clan.

(Maximus191) #4

Why not?

A good panzer is invaluble on some maps. :disgust:

(Kendle) #5

Good Panzers are worth their weight in gold, and very hard to come by. Good Coverts are only good for pubs. So, er, this guys CV is “good Panzer, can play Med”. Worth a tryout for anyone who’s looking.

(Loffy) #6

Coverts are not used on clan-wars that much. However, here’s a cool story:
We played a clan-war in the Swedish league against a bunch of guys who had not played RtCW before. We were mostly ex.rtcw-players. Needless to say, we stay away from rifle nades, satchel charges and all the “new” stuff in ET. Why? Well, we’re old, and you can’t teach an old dog to sit. The game was on Supplydepot. We attacked, as allies. Four of us managed to get up to that engineer-box (on the top floor). The engi starts waving the pliers (that’s me). Then suddenly, we got owned. The “noobs” had a covert! He was the fourth man! We were really only three “real” allies! He dropped the device on my head, ran away and pressed “Fire”. Ka-boom! Haha, talk about sudden impact! (He got two of us, including the engi.) What a surprise - we never thought that someone would use a covert, on defence, in that phase of the game on that map!
In another game (same league) against a Swedish clan called Sill, on FuelDump, we got owned too. First round, defending (as axis): They steal a uniform, and sneak in and plant, to win. Ok, big deal? Well, what do you think happend next? (This is so embarrasing). The same thing happend in the next round! Humiliation. We did’nt play well in that game and we had some new guys in the team, but still! Dumma sillar!
// Loffy

(Kendle) #7

Make sure you create a fireteam, and make sure you’re all in it, and use selectbuddy -2 to put a bloody great big orange Fireteam icon above everyone’s head, then the Covert becomes even more useless than they already are and such embarassments will be a thing of the past. :wink:

Mind you, we got owned on Oasis last night, by a Covert. They’d blown North and had planted at South. In our rush to get there and defuse we didn’t notice the Satchell charge at the bottom of the stairs. Bam!! 2 dead and he finished a 3rd off with his Sten, Gun blows, we lose!! :frowning:

(pgh) #8

p0wned. :slight_smile:

Still, Panzer spawn camping > *.

Coverts are actually rather usefull on some maps…

Goldrush for example. When Allies rush in and steal tank, spawn Covert with whatever weapon and Satchel straight of the command post. Rush side and down to tank barrier and Smoke out there spawn and place another Satchel bottom of stairs/spawn. On top of this mine spotting round TB and the spawn/bank area.

Also one of my favourite classes to play on Caen.

(eRRoLfLyNN) #9

I hate the covert guns though. Even firing in bursts the sten heats up too fast. I don’t like to snipe. And the rapid fire of the (I can’t remember its name???) is too all over the place. If a covert could carry an mp40 or thompson, or a panzer lol :p, now that would be class.

(Vaibhav) #10

i find that playing a cov with the sten increases your a aim a lot making the mp40/thomson easy to use and kill even the uber medics.

another tactic on goldrush for allies cov ops is that place the satchel in front of asix spawn(not on the stairs) and go up the stairs and kill them as they come out.

and panzer is very useful for spawn killing and defending . i normally use it on goldrush as asix to kill allies in the doorway. you can also use it in radar when the gate has been blown. you can also kill allies in the doorway there.

(eRRoLfLyNN) #11

haha i love it when the ubermedics crack up with the panza guy.

medic: ffs omg why don’t you use a real weapon noob ffs omg noob

whatever you spoilt little brat :clap:

(BlackDeath) #12

Panzers have their use, although not as pronounced as in RTCW. Coverts ops smoke IMO is its most valuable asset, followed by the satchel. placing smoke in front of construction zones (most notebly the tank barrier) forces the opposing team to shoot blindly, throw random grenades, or charge through the smoke, where your team will hopefully give the working engie some covering fire.

EDIT: Forgot about mine spotting, Kendle’s right, thats the most important…

Oh, and sten = ding, ding, ding on ETPro :smiley:

(-[sXy]-TeamSexy) #13

oh wow, thought i knew you from somewhere, not only the very clan that accused one of our members of cheating, but the very person “Vaibhav” who sat as spec on a server recording a demo of us “cheating”. never did get to see that demo with conclusive evidence of cheating…

(pgh) #14

Make love not fire. :confused:

Put the old flames out… :]

[quote=?!? :>]haha i love it when the ubermedics crack up with the panza guy.

medic: ffs omg why don’t you use a real weapon noob ffs omg noob [/quote]

Welcome to a night on BiO Clanserver. ‘Omg u noob stick’r’ ‘panza nob’ ‘omg ffsfsfsf fu!!’ ‘bla bla some random spanish shit in here’… its hilarious. The same players who bitch on the servers are the same ones who play these tactics in proper games away from the pubs claiming its part of it etc…

(Kendle) #15

Coverts most useful asset in Clan Wars are:-

1. Spotting mines
  2. Satchell Charge
  3. Smoke
  4. Stealing uni’s

Remember, smoke hides them from you as well as you from them, and with ETPro hit sounds it’s dead easy to spray into a smoke cloud until you hear the “ding” and then lock on.

(ElderNewb) #16

haha i love it when the ubermedics crack up with the panza guy.

medic: ffs omg why don’t you use a real weapon noob ffs omg noob

whatever you spoilt little brat

yeah errol - makes me laugh eveytime i hear that - “whatever man i loved to see how many of those medic packs you give to other teammates!”

(Vaibhav) #17

hehe it was only me not my clan and besides i did think you were cheating at that time cos you kept killing half of our team and i got annoyed at that time. sorry about that… :bash:

(bacon) #18

COVERT:

• A covert and a good mortar is a deadly combination (you need the covert for the command map).
  • Smoke can help protect dynamite near a barrier. Your team can camp around it and when they come through you have a definite advantage.
  • Placing a satchel makes the enemy avoid it and/or go look for the covert, which weakens their defense.
  • Sniping can help you, the enemy will not want to show their heads or will move around a lot.

PANZER:

• Don’t take shots to kill, take shots that will deal the greatest amount of damage (ie. don’t go for the 1-person kill, go for the 5-person damage).
  • People fear panzers.
  • Good spawncamping weapon.

So both are important in clan matches, but the covert isn’t as important in most cases.

(BlackDeath) #19

*>sniping :smiley:

So true…

OMFG panzer run!!!

(Kendle) #20

So true…
[/quote]
So untrue…

A dead Engy can’t plant, a damaged one can. A dead Med can’t revive, a damaged one can. A dead anything can’t shoot back, a damaged one can.

If you’ve got a choice between a 1-man kill and a 5-man kill, but the 1-man happens to be the Engy who, if left alive, wins the game for his team, you take that 1-man out, even if you vapourise yourself in the process.

I can only assume you 2 aren’t clanned. :slight_smile: