asdf Quick Cup 6v6 Season 1

(Aristotle) #1

http://asdfcup.net

Signups are now open. To sign up just send me a pm with your team’s name, players, and captain. Only players on team rosters will be able to participate in matches.

I updated the config to only allow 2 heavy weapons, and restrict it to one rocket launcher/oblit per team instead of the 2 in the previous config. The config can be found here.

If anybody has any concerns about anything just let me know.

Weapon Restrictions

* 1 GPMG/Hyperblaster
* 1 Rocket Launcher/Obliterator
* 1 Sniper Rifle/Railgun
* 2 Grenades per Player

Deployable Restrictions

* One of each type of artillery deployable allowed per team.
* One of each type of defensive (AVT, APT, AIT) deployable allowed per team.

Vehicle Restrictions

* One medium vehicle (Trojan//Hog) allowed per team.
* One heavy vehicle (Titan/Desecrator/Cyclops) allowed per team.
* No heavys on last objective.
* Vehicles ARE allowed indoors.

Map Pool

* fastVolcano, fastRefinery, Maridia, fastSalvage, Sewer, Island, Area22, Ark, Radar

Other Restrictions

* Supply Crates are allowed.
* Fliers are disallowed.
* Radar is disallowed.
* Third Eye Camera IS allowed.
* ETQW Pro mod version 1.0b/c is required for all matches. 
* Door blocking IS allowed
* All matches must be played using the current version of the asdf config. Team captians will be notified upon config updates.

Match Scheduling

The asdf Quick Cup is a single elimination tourney with no losers bracket. The date of the first round matches will be picked by an admin, and team captians will be responsible for setting up a time both teams can play. After the first round, the winning team’s captain will have 2 days to schedule their next matches. This will continue until the finals in which an admin will pick the time and day that both teams are able to make it. Before the finals if a team is unable to schedule their match by the given time, an admin will step in and set the time and date. Failure to show up on time for any matches at their scheduled times will result in that teams forfiet.

Questions, Comments, Concerns

I will gladly answer any questions asked, and will address any comments and concerns as well, so do please feel free to speak up.

(Rex) #2

So I got some questions:
Since when is Armadillo medium vehicle? Why only one rocketlauncher? (Think about Ark please!)
Volcano should be in! What I really like: 2 custom maps, Radar and Maridia - the best ones :slight_smile: Radar is so awesome…

Fast Refinery? Still searching the noob who came up with this idea…

Btw which format? :smiley:

(Aristotle) #3

[QUOTE=Rex;384082]So I got some questions:
Since when is Armadillo medium vehicle? Why only one rocketlauncher? (Think about Ark please!)
Volcano should be in! What I really like: 2 custom maps, Radar and Maridia - the best ones :slight_smile: Radar is so awesome…

Fast Refinery? Still searching the noob who came up with this idea…

Btw which format? :D[/QUOTE]

1. Its not listed as a medium in the config, not sure why I put that up in the ruleset.
  2. Only one rocket launcher because a few people bitched when i had it set at 2.
  3. Volcano is in…?
  4. We always played fast refinery in the na leagues… we’re just special like that.
  5. Somebody’s just being an ass :stuck_out_tongue:

(chump) #4

6v6? Really? in current state of game?

(rUBBEN) #5

Can a team play 1 match per week or we need to be quicker ?

(Snotling) #6

Why not chump? We managed to get rosters for 6v6 during the OCB WorldCup, it’ll be merc’s paradise that’s all. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just a few question:
Why is ThirdEye allowed while radar and flyers are not?
What is FastSalvage?
What servers will we use?

(chump) #7

we played most of our matches 4v4 in the cup :o

(Snotling) #8

Canadians should hire beavers so…:smiley: This time we won’t have nationality restrictions so just ask your friends, it’s not this hard to find 4 or 5 motivated players. :wink:

(rUBBEN) #9

Name : kAtastrofa
Captain : rUBBEN
players : Crytiqal, .numb, rUBBEN, ShadowToLight, Pliscin-7, Nobody-007

(Rex) #10

[QUOTE=Snotling;384099]
Just a few question:
Why is ThirdEye allowed while radar and flyers are not? [/QUOTE]

facepalm

(Kl3ppy) #11

3rd eye has disabled radar, so its just a bombing device. And flyer drone is allowed too …

(Aristotle) #12

@chump, I addressed that already. More people were interested in a 6v6 than a 4v4 or 5v5.

@rUBBEN, The original idea was for there to only be two or three days between rounds, but if more teams would rather a week, then I am willing to change to that. Was just going to do a quick cup style format than a full blown weekly league.

@Snotling, as chance said the radar capability of the third eye has been disabled. It is indeed just a bomb now. Fliers, if you mean vehicles, are disallowed in just about every league in the past. If you mean the flyer drone, they’re not disabled. If a player wants to waste their time doing that, then I say more power to them.

@Snotling (again:D) fastSalvage doesn’t really change the gameplay or objectives. It’s the same that was played in rUBBEN’s 4v4 cup. It only adds the extra forward spawn indoors on the last objective. As for servers, just like in past leagues in NA, they can be played on team’s servers if they have them. If there are enough teams that don’t have private servers (I’m sure the number that have them are very small at this point in the game) then I will put up a few extra servers to accommodate.

@rUBBEN again, I’m adding your team to the roster list now.

Oh, and if people would rather play regular Refinery, that’s fine, apparently I didn’t put fastRefinery in the config anyway, so I would have to edit it to add it.

Oh, as a side note, if a team needs an extra player, as of right now I do not currently have a team to play for. I don’t think ((bh)) is going to field a team.

(Jakoby) #13

can i put down more than 6 names, in case some dont show on certain dates or unexpected no shows?

(Aristotle) #14

Yes, as long as you have at least 6.

(Jakoby) #15

Clan Name: Bullet Hell

Players: Jakoby, scrubbles, www, XTMBZ, AlexMercer, Aristotle(If u want), Unarmed, Apathy., Temujin(i think???), subs: xtort, hydruim

(Aristotle) #16

Team captain?

(Jakoby) #17

uhhhh…
Since scrubbles will probably be away.
Team Captain: Jakoby

(Shelly) #18

are mercs allowed for the matches? or only those listed in team?

p.s. if anyone wants to play and doesnt have a team, pm me. i still need more players for team clutchbus.

(Khamul) #19

How many teams are registered, i only see rubbens squad on the websssite :stuck_out_tongue: !! UPdate pls.

(Ashog) #20

Is that why you never join Nirvana?