asdf 6v6 Group Phase

(rUBBEN) #261

From your own website : " This will continue until the finals "

//youtu.be/UzyALbvzXec

I want my money back !

(.Chris.) #262

[QUOTE=rUBBEN;389490]From your own website : " This will continue until the finals "
I want my money back ![/QUOTE]

Meanwhile in France:

(rUBBEN) #263

4v4 cup isn’t started yet :smiley:

(Shelly) #264

[QUOTE=rUBBEN;389490]From your own website : " This will continue until the finals "

//youtu.be/UzyALbvzXec

I want my money back ![/QUOTE]

I hope you brought some good french cheese with that whine of yours :tongue:

(Aristotle) #265

So, looks to me like rUBBEN’s wants his team removed.

(rUBBEN) #266

I’m not the team-owner, if you have to remove someone it’s me, don’t penalize my team-mates by my kiddy / no-life / retarded behaviour.

(Ashog) #267

Stop it guys! Be reasonable! You gotta talk like real girls!

(AKAMrSmiley) #268

I don’t follow QW scene (dunno if you would call it a scene though) too closely anymore but from what I’ve read and seen this has been one of the most successful in terms of players playing, and the fact it had 6 man teams rather than 4 that breathed a breath of fresh air into the gameplay for the few remaining competitive players, since like 2010. Oh and let’s not forget that it was put on by a guy who was ASKED by other players to put on a for fun cup. You complain about him being away due to real life issues, and at some point one of you even said he was trying to get pity? No, he was doing what he had to do to get the important **** in his life together and explaining as to why he could not afford to spend his time holding your hand through this process more, YOU are the one trying to fabricate some horribly unjust situation. It is a for fun tournament, it is the same as a ****ing scrim except it is being organized by a 3rd party in terms of general and server rules and match ups as well as players’ mentality on strategy, why is him being away stopping you from competing amongst yourselves? He has also had to deal with further adversity because the majority of the teams were newer EU players who did not participate in the same NA tournaments he did back on 2009-10. So tell me again who are you to criticize this man? Oh yeah the guys who didn’t step up when people were looking for someone to put this together and didn’t lay the ground work to bridge the gaps…

Aris though, don’t drop to that level of threatening players / teams with bans as that is just petty. Seems like most of the players appreciate what you’re doing so you keep on trucking old friend.

(INF3RN0) #269

Why do some of you people even have a serious attitude about ETQW at this point in time??? Your lucky that anyone even still plays the game, let alone willing to participate in an organized event or organize one to begin with. Aris is just a normal person trying to make you kids happy. There’s no prizes, there’s no recognition, there’s no accomplishment… it’s all for FUN. So have FUN and if you want anything more, then why not play a game that actually has a competition scene and leagues supporting it? Inb4 reality check…

(Shelly) #270

[QUOTE=AKAMrSmiley;389580]I don’t follow QW scene (dunno if you would call it a scene though) too closely anymore but from what I’ve read and seen this has been one of the most successful in terms of players playing, and the fact it had 6 man teams rather than 4 that breathed a breath of fresh air into the gameplay for the few remaining competitive players, since like 2010. Oh and let’s not forget that it was put on by a guy who was ASKED by other players to put on a for fun cup. You complain about him being away due to real life issues, and at some point one of you even said he was trying to get pity? No, he was doing what he had to do to get the important **** in his life together and explaining as to why he could not afford to spend his time holding your hand through this process more, YOU are the one trying to fabricate some horribly unjust situation. It is a for fun tournament, it is the same as a ****ing scrim except it is being organized by a 3rd party in terms of general and server rules and match ups as well as players’ mentality on strategy, why is him being away stopping you from competing amongst yourselves? He has also had to deal with further adversity because the majority of the teams were newer EU players who did not participate in the same NA tournaments he did back on 2009-10. So tell me again who are you to criticize this man? Oh yeah the guys who didn’t step up when people were looking for someone to put this together and didn’t lay the ground work to bridge the gaps…

Aris though, don’t drop to that level of threatening players / teams with bans as that is just petty. Seems like most of the players appreciate what you’re doing so you keep on trucking old friend.[/QUOTE]

+1

i think most of the participants though are mature enough to know real life > game. the others should just be smiled upon.kids…

(Oyama) #271

I see that many people want to support Ares, but I do not understand - is tornament will de continued or not?
Or the main result of the Cup will be “reallife>game”?

(rUBBEN) #272

Hello ! Happy New year !

Yes yes I’m still kiddy and everything nothing changed in 1 post. I understand what you guys and girls say ! Someone told me lately that, with this cup, it’s not the admin who goes bad, it’s his way to manage this exact situation, he can’t do anything about his irl, and we all respect him on this point, that’s not the problem.

Of course, it’s not a serious business, otherwise Aristotle, you wouldn’t have reacted this way, but to me, even you make the choice of runing a tournament, EVEN IF it’s a FUUUUUN one, you can’t let such a lot of players without any command.

Ok you can attack me personnaly saying I’m kiddy and everything, I don’t care about that, I don’t live for SD forums or for ETQW : For those who don’t know yet, I’m 17 years old, I’ve failed some tournaments before, I did nothing good for this tournament except trying to help, but that was a fail too.

Ok great, now WHO CARES ? It’s like someone that always talks about him/herself, and never look at the others, you keep talking about yourself, huge explanation messages, angry messages, threatening messages, and… what about playing a cup ?

Aristotle, stop being offended by what I say, please, I proposed you to help if you had problems, and someone said I was a no-life, now I don’t wanna help you anymore about adminship, but I can still do my best to bring my players to your cup.

Cheese.

(Snotling) #273

Stupidoz withdraw, we want to focus on upcoming 4v4 events since we’ve kinda lost the motivation to play. As Oyama said, looks like we’re more sparring on forum than in game.

Anyway, thx a lot Aristotle for all the time and efforts you’ve put in this cup and I hope we’ll be able to play some more when you’ll have more free time.

(Aristotle) #274

[QUOTE=AKAMrSmiley;389580]I don’t follow QW scene (dunno if you would call it a scene though) too closely anymore but from what I’ve read and seen this has been one of the most successful in terms of players playing, and the fact it had 6 man teams rather than 4 that breathed a breath of fresh air into the gameplay for the few remaining competitive players, since like 2010. Oh and let’s not forget that it was put on by a guy who was ASKED by other players to put on a for fun cup. You complain about him being away due to real life issues, and at some point one of you even said he was trying to get pity? No, he was doing what he had to do to get the important **** in his life together and explaining as to why he could not afford to spend his time holding your hand through this process more, YOU are the one trying to fabricate some horribly unjust situation. It is a for fun tournament, it is the same as a ****ing scrim except it is being organized by a 3rd party in terms of general and server rules and match ups as well as players’ mentality on strategy, why is him being away stopping you from competing amongst yourselves? He has also had to deal with further adversity because the majority of the teams were newer EU players who did not participate in the same NA tournaments he did back on 2009-10. So tell me again who are you to criticize this man? Oh yeah the guys who didn’t step up when people were looking for someone to put this together and didn’t lay the ground work to bridge the gaps…

Aris though, don’t drop to that level of threatening players / teams with bans as that is just petty. Seems like most of the players appreciate what you’re doing so you keep on trucking old friend.[/QUOTE]
Glad more than like 4 players understand anything. And about the threatening, that got across to him when nothing else would. I had no intention on actually removing anybody.

[QUOTE=Oyama;389593]I see that many people want to support Ares, but I do not understand - is tornament will de continued or not?
Or the main result of the Cup will be “reallife>game”?[/QUOTE]
After I was able to return I had been asked by a few players to wait until after Christmas as they wanted to spend it with family and such, and I waited til after the new year as I know most people had parties and such planned.

[QUOTE=Snotling;389596]Stupidoz withdraw, we want to focus on upcoming 4v4 events since we’ve kinda lost the motivation to play. As Oyama said, looks like we’re more sparring on forum than in game.

Anyway, thx a lot Aristotle for all the time and efforts you’ve put in this cup and I hope we’ll be able to play some more when you’ll have more free time.[/QUOTE]

Not a problem at all snotling, as I said before sorry that I went MIA for a bit, but you just can’t control everything. Also, thank you and all the other teams/players who signed up, without you guys it wouldn’t have happened.

Now that the holidays are over I am going to be sending out PM’s to the remaining team captains and make sure that they all wish to continue, when I hear back from them I will be setting the by dates for the quarter/semi/finals.

(Kl3ppy) #275

biatch won? :slight_smile:

(Apples) #276

TBC son, TBC :smiley:

Nah we play failwhale I dont know when

(Kl3ppy) #277

Oh yes sorry. TBC ofc :smiley:

(Aristotle) #278

Waiting to hear from two more teams.

(traciemorris) #279

Soon they will let you hear something ! Just have patience!

(rUBBEN) #280

If you are still waiting for moneybags, unfortunatly they lost the motivation.