Anyone from RtCW or Enemy Territory??

(preciousSoda) #21

I came from Alliance of Valiant Arms.

(udwxmoose) #22

Both Wolfenstien enemy territory and ET:QW… I signed up for the beta 2 days ago and got a key. I was tryingtofind out if they decided to make ET:QW free to download since my CD was broken, but nope. Oh well, I really wanted to play ET:QW but I got dirty bomb to play instead

(smartIsland) #23

et:qw, wolf and brink (sadly). dirty bomb is fantastic, really feeling the wolf roots

(Cyanide) #24

Fatal Attraction Cyanide checking in. .fa.Cyanide

(slickTrophy) #25

Yeah me too, played ET for around the first 4 years after it was released on a fairly high level.
I am really enjoying the game so far, although I think they really need to open up to classed if they want competitive to suceed. It’s kinda bad not to have a completly even playing field it that regard.
Really hoped for ET going the same route as Quake Live with added matchmaking and new netcode, but so far DirtyBomb seems like a nice alternative.

(eggplantSafe) #26

Played Wolfenstein: ET too, and still do. This seems pretty cool so far, but yeah, I’d rather see classes opened up too, and loadout trading, etc. Perhaps they could always make money with skins and stuff.

(uncannyAbalone) #27

ET medic life!

(adventurousKick) #28

I played a little etpro in my day. We won the ETladder tournament in 2.55 without suffering a single loss way back when. Then played against random pro-/pro guys on private 2.6b servers, random scrims against lows. I was around med/med+ at my prime. Certain muscle memory still remains, but not much.

Fond memories of that era, but I doubt I’d be making a comeback anytime soon, seeing how the game is rampant with hackers and poorly made mods and a the community is pretty much dead, as far as I know.

Dirty has given me new light and I’m super excited about this game. Just the game I’ve been looking for all these years.

(mikkou) #29

Ah, good old Wolfenstein ET. I used to play it so much when I was younger. Specifially on the 2.56 version (and mostly under AoD clan) altho I did visit all versions every now and then. Was known as HaTeMe?! (or Hatebreeder at the very beginning) but I havent used those nicks in years. Never much liked them anyway but people didnt let me change lol, said they were too used to seeing it…

What comes to Quake Wars and Brink, I only briefly tried them both but they werent for me…
This ones looking much more promising, might even start playing it actively when its out of beta.

(xBL!NDx) #30

I used to play a lot of ET

(heartyDimension) #31

Longtime Wolf:ET player… Love seeing the wolf roots coming thru in DB.

I miss my spy :frowning:

(eggplantSafe) #32

Me too, spy was a lot of fun, even if you weren’t sniper type.

Hopefully, they add some open-able doors for defending team only and give some kind of disguise thing for the game, so we can open those doors as disguised spies. :stuck_out_tongue:

(adventurousKick) #33

long time wolf players calling covert ops a spy, huh?

(eggplantSafe) #34

Mostly because I sucked with covert op sniping usually, so I often played in the ‘get enemy uniform and sneak into their base’ :stuck_out_tongue:

(appreciativeBuster) #35

Play CVops Sten to get headshot accuracy up.
Switch to Rambo medic D:

I was cfgmaker for ET for low specs comps for longest time, 43 - 71 - 125 fps is love, is life!

mAus fanboi for life :'D

3 days untill 8 years on Crossfire… How time flies :slight_smile:

RTCW/ET/Rise of the Triad (RTCW2 S0N)

(adventurousKick) #36

in before “favorite ET player” thread. cough Kris

(pumpaloaf) #37

<RTCW and ET.

(seashellUniverse) #38

ET player here too, Nothing ever quite lives up to ET for me, this included so far :frowning:

(daralathas) #39

I have followed Splash Damage for a while;

Operation Market Garden - Happy Penguin Server for the original RTCW
then beta ET - it was just one map, before the full release. RAMBO Medics… Akimbo Pistols!
ETQW - I was 11th on the Leaderboard with the unloved Desecrator!
BRINK - tried so hard to like it…

…and now DirtyB… coming off a long time playing BF series… the run and gun is just so pleasing!

(meaningfulStep) #40

I played Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory for years shortly after it came out in 2003. I usually played an engineer, covert ops or medic (played on servers that did not allow self healing) and it’s my favourite multiplayer fps I’ve ever played.