Anyone else notice Thunder isn't being played?

(frostyvampire) #41

Thunder on a free rotation next week should fix that

(Press E) #42

@LoafOfBread said:

@STARRYSOCK said:
The kukri is buggy as @$!# and almost completely unuseable, and the stilnotto is, well, the stilnotto.

Well melee is @$!# up in general TBH

The beckhill is actually completely fine. The bat and katana are a bit buggy, but useable (they do hit consistently, but don’t always register damage). The stilnotto is more broken by it’s stats rather than bugs. The axe is fairly buggy since the “fix”, and the kukri has always just been completely broken.

I’m not sure what’s going on, the devs haven’t even properly touched melee in forever. And as someone who loves to melee, I’ve been avoiding a lot of cards based on their melee weapon. Only a really good perk layout can make me use a card with a terrible melee.

(Demolama) #43

Good. Thunder and redeye are annoying to have in a game for everyone, including teammates

(Chilled Sanity) #44

@STARRYSOCK said:

@LoafOfBread said:

@STARRYSOCK said:
The kukri is buggy as @$!# and almost completely unuseable, and the stilnotto is, well, the stilnotto.

The beckhill is actually completely fine. The bat and katana are a bit buggy, but useable (they do hit consistently, but don’t always register damage). The stilnotto is more broken by it’s stats rather than bugs. The axe is fairly buggy since the “fix”, and the kukri has always just been completely broken.

I’m not sure what’s going on, the devs haven’t even properly touched melee in forever. And as someone who loves to melee, I’ve been avoiding a lot of cards based on their melee weapon. Only a really good perk layout can make me use a card with a terrible melee.

Honestly Stiletto is more reliable than katana and bat.

(Press E) #45

@LoafOfBread said:

@STARRYSOCK said:

@LoafOfBread said:

@STARRYSOCK said:

The range and speed is so bad that I usually rank it lower, lol.
It’s reliable sure, but it’s so bad imo that I’d rather something partially buggy.

(boerhae) #46

@STARRYSOCK said:

@LoafOfBread said:

@STARRYSOCK said:

@LoafOfBread said:

@STARRYSOCK said:

It’s reliable sure, but it’s so bad imo that I’d rather something partially buggy.

Happy 1000th post!

And I agree with you, the Stilnotto is really broken with its hitbox, but then again, all of the melees tend to act oddly.

(Press E) #47

@boerhae said:

@STARRYSOCK said:

Happy 1000th post!

And I agree with you, the Stilnotto is really broken with its hitbox, but then again, all of the melees tend to act oddly.

Lol, I didn’t even realize I’ve gotten that far xD

The beckhill is still my waifu though, it’s the most consistent one I can find

(doxjq) #48

@Lord_Coctus perhaps challenging is a better way to describe it. Taking out 3-4 people who literally can’t evade or counter you is just boring imo, at least for me.

(Press E) #49

@doxjq said:
@Lord_Coctus perhaps challenging is a better way to describe it. Taking out 3-4 people who literally can’t evade or counter you is just boring imo, at least for me.

Honestly, I think that’s better than fragger or javelin. At least you have to follow up on your attack, and there’s still a chance for you to get killed. With fragger or javelin you can just pop out from a corner and instantly blow someone up without giving them a chance to do anything. Same issue, only instead of being blinded and potentially killed, you’re instantly killed, yet you still see 9 million fraggers and javelines.

(doxjq) #50

@STARRYSOCK I’ve thought about that before, and tried to reason it the same way, so I understand where you’re coming from and partially agree if you look at it from a solo standpoint in pubs.

But in my personal experience with hundreds hours playing pugs I can safely say Thunder has a way easier time than Fragger, especially when you’re working with an established team who are actually co-ordinating their attacks and spawn traps. In that kind of scenario, 5 blind targets that can’t move have a much harder time than a group of 5 people who just have to avoid a Fragger nade that they know is coming (lets face it, it’s not hard to avoid a Fragger nade that you know is coming opposed to Thunders nade which is damn near impossible to avoid).

This is why I say Thunder is way more OP than Fragger. I couldn’t care less about pubs, I’m purely talking from a competitive standpoint where everything is a little more co-ordinated.

Well, that and the fact that he has more HP and access to the strongest gun in the game.

(ImSploosh) #51

I played Thunder yesterday because I had a mission for him and I have to say, he’s still powerful and effective. I play him as a Tank basically. His health pool and MG with a large clip make him a force to be reckoned with. It’s actually a lot of fun if your team is decent enough. He’s incredible for spraying down multiple, wounded targets and very effective for assisting your team if it comes down to a group vs group situation.

Sadly, I experienced one of my biggest pet peeves, which is teammates not moving in to finish off remaining enemies with me. As an example: 2 teammates and I were defending on the last stage of Trainyard. We were battling it out with the enemy in the building in front of the objective. We killed a few and the remaining couple had low health and would have been easy to finish off. I move in thinking my teammates would join so we could wipe the team and make them all wait 10 or so seconds to respond. BUT, my teammates just blindly walked off (one of them a medic) and let me die in there by myself, killing only one enemy rather than laying waste to all 3.

It’s a bit off-topic, but those situations piss me off more than anything. I guess it’s possible to have TOO MUCH awareness. Anyway, Thunder is very useful in those situations if your team coordinates well enough. But even as a lone wolf, Thunder performed pretty well. I was seeing very high k/ds, but the points didn’t really match. I forgot how low Thunder scores. The conc should really reward more points.

(Press E) #52

@doxjq said:
@STARRYSOCK I’ve thought about that before, and tried to reason it the same way, so I understand where you’re coming from and partially agree if you look at it from a solo standpoint in pubs.

But in my personal experience with hundreds hours playing pugs I can safely say Thunder has a way easier time than Fragger, especially when you’re working with an established team who are actually co-ordinating their attacks and spawn traps. In that kind of scenario, 5 blind targets that can’t move have a much harder time than a group of 5 people who just have to avoid a Fragger nade that they know is coming (lets face it, it’s not hard to avoid a Fragger nade that you know is coming opposed to Thunders nade which is damn near impossible to avoid).

This is why I say Thunder is way more OP than Fragger. I couldn’t care less about pubs, I’m purely talking from a competitive standpoint where everything is a little more co-ordinated.

Well, that and the fact that he has more HP and access to the strongest gun in the game.

In general yeah, I agree he’s more OP, but all it takes is a fragger to hide behind a corner and cook a grenade to give the same result, that’s what I’m talking about.

I prefer pubs, but I’ve played a lot of ranked as well. I’ve seen a lot more people doing what I mentioned in ranked than I have public matches, which is why I see their abilities as about the same in terms of “cheapness”

(FishRolls) #53

They moved to Javalin, her voice is more annoying.

(Chris Mullins) #54

I personally hadn’t noticed it too much. Although come to think of it I can’t remember seeing a white screen during a game for quite a while…it’s been lovely :wink:

I think it’s possible that players are finding other Mercs more fun or interesting to play maybe, however I definitely don’t think he’s lost any of his potency though.

(jemstar) #55

Used to see him ALL the time in Sexycution…

(dgeesio) #56

hes too slow and mercs like javelin are too easy to get kills with.