Anyone else notice Thunder isn't being played?

(hoyes) #21

The biggest problem with Thunder wasn’t the stark, or his hp, since in higher lvl play you could just ban his use of the stark. The problem is the short fuse on the conc, which makes it entirely unavoidable and lack counterplay in small fights (i.e. 1/2v1/2). In larger fights it is much more tolerable, as the reductions in duration have meant that you have less time to kill enemies, meaning that using the conc against more than one or two people will likely get you killed. All it needs is a slightly longer fuse (like 0.2-0.4 seconds) to make it much easier to avoid in a 1v1, and encourage more skillful usage in closer vicinities, where the enemy should have plenty of time to avoid the effects.

@nokiII said:
Thunder isn’t played because he isn’t fun and before his well deserved nerfs people just played him because he was broken af.

Also, no other merc can kill multiple enemies with such pleasure by using the mk46. While the gun may not be good, mowing down enemies while they are concussed is the most fun thing in this game for me, even when he was useless about a year and a half ago.

(Press E) #22

This wasn’t supposed to be a “thunder succs pls nurf/beff” thread, I was just wondering if anyone else noticed how he disappeared off the face of the earth, lol.

I personally enjoy playing him though, I’m better with him than I am with javelin too, mostly because I like his weapons better, but eh.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #23

I use Thunder on assault UnderGroundand to troll the enemy team by dropping flash bangs into the medbay from the ledge on the right side over and over.

(Xerny) #24

Thunder has become an endangered species due to all of the Javelins stalking on them.

(woodchip) #25

Yeah, he’s not played much. And the game is better for it.

Thunder with Timik is hilariously awful.

(GatoCommodore) #26

@woodchip said:
Yeah, he’s not played much. And the game is better for it.

Thunder with Timik is hilariously awful.

what
thunder timik is one of the most fearsome CQC merc in the game

(Chilled Sanity) #27

@nokiII said:
Thunder isn’t played because he isn’t fun and before his well deserved nerfs people just played him because he was broken af.

…and look where we are now…

(Sorotia) #28

I see him now and then…face a team about half a week ago with it was 2 or 3 thunder spamming their i-Win grenades.

(ImSploosh) #29

I noticed he doesn’t get played as often, but he still gets played. I see him on a daily basis. I think he’ll definitely be used in Ranked when it comes back. Honestly, I wish Thunder would just get his EMP back though. I absolutely loved playing him before they took that away. Currently, Thunder’s best appeal is his health pool and Stark and LMG. I prefer the LMG although it might not be as powerful as the Stark, it can definitely take down quite a few enemies with one clip.

You know, this thread has made me want to try him out again. He’s one of my least played mercs and even though he got nerfed into the ground, he can still be a pretty viable merc. None of his loadouts really stand out that much to me, though. T45, S41, that drilled + tough + spares MK one I can’t remember the name of. All pretty underwhelming. Hoping he gets some more work by the time G3 (not the gun, although that would be cool too) loadouts are here.

(Press E) #31

@Wintergreen said:
You know, this thread has made me want to try him out again. He’s one of my least played mercs and even though he got nerfed into the ground, he can still be a pretty viable merc. None of his loadouts really stand out that much to me, though. T45, S41, that drilled + tough + spares MK one I can’t remember the name of. All pretty underwhelming. Hoping he gets some more work by the time G3 (not the gun, although that would be cool too) loadouts are here.

S41 is my fav. The timik feels weird to me on him though, so I mostly just go for the LMG otherwise. I wish he had better melee weapons though. The kukri is buggy as shit and almost completely unuseable, and the stilnotto is, well, the stilnotto.

G3 might be pretty good if they decide to give him new weapons though. I’d like to see him with the Shar-C, fragger’s LMG, or anything else fairly large that actually fits with his design.

@STARRYSOCK said:

@Wintergreen said:

S41 is my fav. The timik feels weird to me on him though, so I mostly just go for the LMG otherwise. I wish he had better melee weapons though. The kukri is buggy as @$!# and almost completely unuseable, and the stilnotto is, well, the stilnotto.

G3 might be pretty good if they decide to give him new weapons though. I’d like to see him with the Shar-C, fragger’s LMG, or anything else fairly large that actually fits with his design.

I like the AK on any merc as it’s one of my favorite guns, but if it were to be replaced by anything I agree it should be replaced with the Scar. I just wish he had a really strong loadout for anything other than his MK. There are some decent ones I guess, but overall I’d say they suck compared to the variety we have on a lot of others. If he had an AK loadout with something like, say, focus, tough, and unshakeable I’d play it all the time. I should probably just run his G1 T91 actually. Idk. Prayers for G3 Thunder…

(Shenaynays) #33

im not all too sad about him not being stacked on teams, i love being able to see.

(AlbinMatt) #34

@Shenaynays said:
im not all too sad about him not being stacked on teams, i love being able to see.

Well, I have inherently bad eyesight, so getting blinded by Putin’s stalker is like trying to amputate Nick Vuijic.

Just give his EMP back. Please.

(doxjq) #35

I personally stopped playing him because a) It felt unrewarding to win fights against people who are blind and can’t move, b) People would rage quit when I did play him, c) If they didn’t rage quit, they would non-stop complain and call me out for being cheap.

Who can blame them though - He is retardedly OP.

(Your worst knifemare.) #36

@doxjq said:
I personally stopped playing him because a) It felt unrewarding to win fights against people who are blind and can’t move, b) People would rage quit when I did play him, c) If they didn’t rage quit, they would non-stop complain and call me out for being cheap.

Who can blame them though - He is retardedly OP.

But B and C make good reasons to play him.

Also blinding then killing half a team with a gun is way more rewarding than killing half of a team with a grenade imo.

(Chilled Sanity) #37

@STARRYSOCK said:
The kukri is buggy as @$!# and almost completely unuseable, and the stilnotto is, well, the stilnotto.

Well melee is fucked up in general TBH

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #38

The kurkri and Javelin’s axe are so pitiful…make melee fun again SD

(ImSploosh) #39

@Mr.Cuddlesworth said:
The kurkri and Javelin’s axe are so pitiful…make melee fun again SD

Yeah, unfortunately they broke the axe, which was perfect upon release, and it looks like they’ll never fix it. Makes me sad man.

(TheStrangerous) #40

It’s gonna take a whole huge balance update, to clean up this mess.

But for now, we gotta see SD get messy, thanks to “6-7 week new merc and new primary or secondary” oath.