Anyone else notice Thunder isn't being played?

(Press E) #1

I just realized when I got a mission for him, that I haven’t seen anyone play thunder at all since around when Vault came out.
Is this just me, am I going crazy, or has anyone else noticed this?

I remember how much he used to be played, and now I barely see mention of him anywhere.

I saw him a lot in execution, but that could just be because Radionaut and Freshy Q exist. He’s never been used that much in ranked or obj/sw at all in my experience. Seems just as unloved as ever.

(Press E) #3

@Wintergreen said:
I saw him a lot in execution, but that could just be because Radionaut and Freshy Q exist. He’s never been used that much in ranked or obj/sw at all in my experience. Seems just as unloved as ever.

Hmm, never played exe that much when it was still up, but he was definitely a lot more popular before. I remember just a while ago when we was about as popular as fragger and pissing everyone off in ranked, lol

(K1X455) #4

The storm just cleared… but I saw Thunder’s flash blind 2 enemies in close proximity to Guardian’s Skyshield despite it being up. Turns out that the flash bang exploded outside the Skyshield’s reach.

(Melinder) #5

He’s pretty irrelevant in 8vs8 considering every server has 3 shotgun Proxy’s minimum. Come Ranked Season 4 he’ll be back to the top.

(TheStrangerous) #6

Thunder Scrubs evolved into Javelin scrubs, nuff said.

I share the same experience. I rarely see him nowadays but in return there is an overwhelming amount of Proxies wielding shotguns. :anguished:

(Noir) #8

They main Javelin now. Cause yes, people main Javelin.

(hoyes) #9

Yeah I don’t see a lot of Thunder anymore too. I mean he is still broken, but I think Javelin takes the cake in pubs.

I still prefer playing thunder than playing javelin, as I find Javelin more unfair than Thunder in a 1v1 scenario, despite the increased cooldown. The fact that you still have to go out and kill your enemies with your gun (and I only use mk46, I feel bad using the stark on Thunder and I am indifferent toward the timik) is much more rewarding than an insta delete.

(Guziol) #10

He is not very good. Also his main gun is trash.

(Your worst knifemare.) #11

I actually started to use Thunder more often because of how much hes been missing. There is also the fact that without Thunder, theres nobody to beg Guardian to marry them.

(bgyoshi) #12

It’s almost like Thunder is weak garbage and the only things good about him are 170 160 HP and STARK. But hey, at the cost of just 10HP, you can get an ability that’s just free kills all by itself whether you’re playing 5v5 or 8v8, and switch from a STARK to a BR-16.

It’s almost like I’ve been saying for months that nerfing Thunder concs further will just make people stop playing him and holy gasp lo’ and behold he got nerfed and now he doesn’t get played.

And the world remained completely unsurprised and carried on.

(nokiII) #13

Thunder isn’t played because he isn’t fun and before his well deserved nerfs people just played him because he was broken af.

(GatoCommodore) #14

I still bring thunder on my underground matches.

@K1X455 said:
The storm just cleared… but I saw Thunder’s flash blind 2 enemies in close proximity to Guardian’s Skyshield despite it being up. Turns out that the flash bang exploded outside the Skyshield’s reach.

flashbang can get inside the skyshield and explode

(Guziol) #15

People complain about thunder because he is annoying and can’t deal with a grenade that stuns you instead of outright killing you.

(Artyrim) #16

I don’t mind playing him but he misses some “Boom! Boom!” compared to others . A group of 2-3 enemis? A Boom Boom merc like Javelin/Fragger/Nigger with sticky bombs is better than a guy that flash his self most of time.
Even if you flash all your enemies you take half of time to destroy that damn healing station,kill an enemy and then get raped by other enemies. A Boom Boom merc could do more in 1 sec

@TheStrangerous said:
Thunder Scrubs evolved into Javelin scrubs, nuff said.

+1
Instead of one random Thunder/team now we got 2 random Javelin/team . Even though javelin got some nerf is still n.1 after vassili for newbies

@Guziol said:
He is not very good. Also his main gun is trash.

Is this some kind of joke?

Edit:…ni66er is censured? -__-

(K1X455) #17

@GatoCommodore said:
I still bring thunder on my underground matches.

@K1X455 said:

flashbang can get inside the skyshield and explode

Haven’t seen that before

(Guziol) #18

Not to mention that with friendly fire on it’s way harder to flash enemies while not blinding teammates at the sametime compared to just tossing a frag grenade in.

(B_Montiel) #19

With the recent nerfs he received you have more chances to blind yourself up alone than blinding two enemies at once. Conc is actually pretty retarded to use now and it’s incredibly hard to forecast the results even on a well placed grenade.

And Javelin, like everybody said.

(Xenithos) #20

Um… I’ve seen ~5 Thunders in the last 4 days… not as many as other mercs, sure, but I HAVE seen people still playing him. Two of them were consistently spawn blinding to give us time to do the objective… So…