ANY UK/Europe where humans play not Bots - (VPL reunion)

(fattakin) #1

Hi All - Im an old ET player, part of VPL clan from Ireland who were pretty active on the forum here and UK servers back when ET was at its peak.

We still get together once a year at a LAN to play and have one coming up on Saturday August 5th. Hoping to be playing ET on 6 machines connected to the net from 3pm BST- late!

We did it last year and found a server with some humans but by midnight, everywhere was empty and we were blasting bots. The drunken friends didn’t even realize!

Are there any servers that are popular? I’ve installed ET legacy which is a nice program. All i could find on Saturday afternoon was BBA clan had 4 players with bots. everywhere is is bots bots bots

I was thinking of maybe even renting a server and naming it ‘AUGUST 5th LAN PARTY, NO BOTS’ lol and seeing if we get any action.

I can remember the names of the old Nigh****ch pals we used to play with, Salteh?

Some old names long gone into the mist will be there: fattakin, cocoFSTAR, Errol Flynn, Gringo, Papa Lasarou, CHIN, Elder Newbie

(ronboy) #2

[QUOTE=fattakin;566217]Hi All - Im an old ET player, part of VPL clan from Ireland who were pretty active on the forum here and UK servers back when ET was at its peak.

We still get together once a year at a LAN to play and have one coming up on Saturday August 5th. Hoping to be playing ET on 6 machines connected to the net from 3pm BST- late!

We did it last year and found a server with some humans but by midnight, everywhere was empty and we were blasting bots. The drunken friends didn’t even realize!

Are there any servers that are popular? I’ve installed ET legacy which is a nice program. All i could find on Saturday afternoon was BBA clan had 4 players with bots. everywhere is is bots bots bots

I was thinking of maybe even renting a server and naming it ‘AUGUST 5th LAN PARTY, NO BOTS’ lol and seeing if we get any action.

I can remember the names of the old Nigh****ch pals we used to play with, Salteh?

Some old names long gone into the mist will be there: fattakin, cocoFSTAR, Errol Flynn, Gringo, Papa Lasarou, CHIN, Elder Newbie[/QUOTE]

There are actually some servers that are frequented by human players, Fearless Assassins: https://fearless-assassins.com/enemyterritory-servers.html

I haven’t played there in about half a year, but if nothing has changed, then you should still find some human players there. Also, nice to see a “veteran” appearing here from 2003. :smiley:

(WuTangH) #3

Visit sites like et.trackbase.net or www.splatterladder.com and check out serverlist :slight_smile:
If there are bots on server, they are written as red players number in ( ) symbols…
Since you use ET:Legacy, remember that ETPro and Punkbuster-protected servers dont support Legacy client.

Personally I like UJE Clan, or TeamMuppets servers… They work good with Legacy too. :slight_smile:

(rorgoroth) #4

Feel free to drop by our server on your travels if you want some fast paced fun: http://et.trackbase.net/server/45693/

Usually the server starts to pick up late afternoon and is active till about 10pm UK time when people start dropping off to bed, some nights can be slow but we usually have about 20-40 playing.

(fattakin) #5

Thanks, the FA Recruiting server seems busy, it had 10v10 this morning 7:30 BST which is great so i’ll try and get on there for a game before the big day.

I assumed Legacy supported all the mods and just installed it for handyness (have you tried getting 6-12 machines setup at a LAN? its hell)

(fattakin) #6

Thank you, i will try and get on some night and test it. We’ll be starting mid afternoon until midnight so those times suit!

Wow lots of maps i dont know!