Any Brink Players in SMNC Beta?

(nephandys) #1

Just curious and looking for familiar folks to connect with. If you’re interested and not involved just sign up and you’re pretty much guaranteed a slot or after signing up you can contact me through here and I can hit up Eka or something. Also, don’t forget to add me on Steam.

The beta process was detailed in a recent Ars Technica article and piggy backing on this I’ve got to say it’s the only beta I’ve ever been involved in where there’s direct verbal and written communication between devs and players on a daily basis. One of the few times in a beta where I’ve seen the players actually able to strongly influence development. We’ve gone from a few hundred players when I first started to close to 5k now.

*I didn’t put this in Off-topic simply because I was hoping to find some familiar Brink people and this is usually where you all are located. Feel free to move if necessary though.

(tokamak) #2

Shattered Horizon had amazing interaction with the developers, same with their Unstoppable Gorg beta. That’s why I can’t wait to get in their next space combat game. What you’re saying is actually meaningful and it and you just get a kick out of seeing your own feedback back into the game.

(nephandys) #3

Found one! Awpteamoose. But we’ve already played together many times.

(PsYcHo) #4

Yep, I’m playing the beta (haven’t played it so long yet because I have so much other games to play^^).
I have also played MNC (~45hours).
Added you in steam.

(tangoliber) #5

I signed up for the beta… never played MNC before.

(Kurnuttaja) #6

This partly explains where all the new guys find their way in. :wink:

(nephandys) #7

I gotta get us more foddah bruddah

(nephandys) #8

Things switched over from beta to invitational. That means anyone who applies is basically in.

Add me on Steam to play some games.

(Humate) #9

It was kind of like that with Brink too, although they did the opposite.

(tokamak) #10

Yeah we kind of did see our feedback presented in Brink after all. That’s why I’m also a bit weary of the community question being asked. Maybe they want to just get rid of the pc artefacts for once and for all.

(coolstory) #11

I tried it, but low fps kinda killed it for me.

(yuval152) #12

I just got invited,hope it’ll be awsome.

(nephandys) #13

I’m gonna get some games in tonight. I should be on around 8PM EST. I’m still pretty terrible compared to the folks present from day one, but I’m getting better and it’s fun times all around.

If you’re interested add me and we can use vent or mumble or something. I fixed my sig so it’s easier to add me on Steam. If you’ve yet to check the game out you might as well sign up as you’re pretty much guaranteed a spot.

(nephandys) #14

Nice 1 hr long preview of the game thanks to Giant Bomb today. If anyone’s yet to have a chance to get in and play this video is great. I’ll be on again tonight around 8PM EST to get some games in if anyone is interested. Add me on Steam!

(nephandys) #15

Class Breakdown Part 1 on RTSguru.

Since this is probably my favorite community outside of Uber, I have 2 keys up for grabs if anyone is interested.

The official (preliminary) system requirements:
Processor: 2 GHz Processor
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 compatible, VRAM 512 MB (NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series or ATI Radeon X1900)
DirectX®: 9.0c
Hard Drive: 2 GB of free space
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound cards

(nephandys) #16

Thanks for the interest guys. My keys are all grabbed up. Update 20 will hit servers this week (today/tomorrow?) and sounds like it will include a new map for sure. The new striker still looks like it’s a couple weeks off. I’ll have a new article and blog up later tonight or tomorrow. As always hit me up for some games and get into beta and check the game out if you have yet to do so.

(Darksider) #17

Clocked in 3 hours now, I hate Wascot! lol Only because I do not understand him at the moment.

(nephandys) #18

lol Wascot is nasty because he has an Anti-grapple skill. Whenever he has horns and that moustache he’s doing the Shifty Shuffle so do not grapple him. He also has a skill that causes you to lose accuracy and lowers your damage called Party Pooper. Commandos are annoying in general though depending on your class.

Here’s articles for this week. RTSguru is being weird for me so I couldn’t get my pics uploaded and in the article. Hopefully I’ll get them in later on. So anyways Class Breakdown (Part 2):

RTSGuru

MMORPG.com

I’m also doing articles for each Update on RTSguru.com. My earlier post for Update 20 is screwed up right now though. Once it’s fixed I’ll post the link. The more people can check these out and comment, bump, etc. the more likely they’ll show up on the front page and get more players into the game. Thanks again guys, especially to the folks that provided my Gameplay vids.

(BioSnark) #19

Isn’t there still an nda on this? I quit because I was getting instability (it’s a beta so fine) and because they moved so far away from shooter towards moba. Seems like it’ll turn out well for fans of the moba genre.

(suj8) #20

Hi,
I am new to this forum and looking out to make a few friends to play.