Any Brink Players in SMNC Beta?

(nephandys) #21

The NDA officially dropped with the switch from “beta” to “Invitational.” A name change only really. Steam store page is up now with launch set for “Spring 2012.”

I’d have to agree this is MOBA more than shooter and that was a conscious design decision on their part. This issue is very common especially among original MNC players. I don’t know when you checked it out Snark, but lethality was moved up around patch 13 and then it was just increased again with patch 19 (1/19/12). So if you played after Patch 13 the change is basically lvl 1 is = to what lvl 4 used to be with lvl 15 remaining the same. Flattening out the lvl curve basically. This has moved the game closer to a shooter, but it’s definitely more MOBA. The original MNC is much more shooter and honestly there was no way left to do any balancing in Uber’s opinion. Sniper is just always going to be OP in the right hands (on PC).

This week Update 20 brought the addition of the Products system, a new map, and a whole host of balance changes. IMO the new map is really interesting. It again features parallel lanes, but it takes some time to traverse between them unlike the other 2 maps. The jungle is also located below rather than above the map with the Annihilator down there as well. Plus it’s a new version of the original Spunky Cola arena, which was my favorite OMNC map.

@Suj8 add me on Steam and we can get some games in. You can also hit me up through here, pm, my forum, w/e. There’s plenty of ways to find me in my sig.

(nephandys) #22

I got 2 more keys on my wife’s account the other day if anyone’s interested. PM me here, my forums, Uber, Steam, w/e. Steam is probably best as I need to gift the code through there. Make sure you have an Uber forum account as well. First come first serve and they went fast last time.

(nephandys) #23

New article up: http://www.fpsguru.com/article/1872/Monday-Night-Tuesdays-Product-Endorsements-of-the-Future.html

I’ve got some more keys too for anyone interested. Latest updates added the Products system, new map (currently out of rotation this week due to bugs), new Striker (Megabeth), and the Post Game Prize System.

(nephandys) #24

I’m back to annoy you again! New article for anyone interested on the Product system and the new Striker, Megabeth! http://www.fpsguru.com/article/1895/Monday-Night-Tuesdays-Product-System-and-Megabeth.html

While we’re still small, the Resistance is Futile community created out of Brink, is still around and we’ve redone the whole site and had a bunch of changes (rifgamers.com). Getting rdy for PAX East going to get as much info out about as much as we can.

As always I have SMNC keys if anyone needs 'em and add me on Steam, Xbox, Twitter, etc. for some gaming fun.

(nephandys) #25

I don’t know if anyone still looks at this thread so I’ll post the same info in another as well. Articles are on a hiatus for a couple weeks due to all the GDC info that needs to be written up.

At PAX I have a chance to interview the folks at Uber. Are there any questions you would like me to ask? I’m trying a community developed interview format here so let me know what you want me to ask and I’ll do my best to get you the answers.

I still have beta keys if you need one. If you wanna play some games hit me up below. If you tired of scrounging the internet every day for video game news just follow my Twitter and I’ll try to do it for you.

(ARustyFirePlace) #26

hey guess what bro

no one gives a ****

(zenstar) #27

[QUOTE=ARustyFirePlace;395474]hey guess what bro

no one gives a ****[/QUOTE]

Actually a lot of us do. What people don’t give a **** about are your idiotic opinions and outbursts.

(nephandys) #28

First article post-GDC and pre-PAX East. Last chance to get any question in for the Uber Devs or anything else you might want me to look into. Can’t promise anything, but I’ll do my best.

Enforcer Tips and Tricks
If you need beta invites hit me up. Follow my Twitter feed @RiFGamers for all the latest and greatest videogame news and everything I get to experience at PAX.

(nephandys) #29

PAX East was amazing and plans for PAX Prime are under way. Here’s the first part of my Uber interview. http://www.fpsguru.com/article/2013/Monday-Night-Tuesdays-SMNC-at-PAX.html Stay tuned for more interviews from PAX (one more with Uber).

This latest patch made huge changes to the game with the addition of matchmaking, a new pro, bot drop standardization, etc etc. check it out if you haven’t in a while.

If you need a beta key I have a couple and some PAX skins too if folks are interested.

(morguen87) #30

not gonna read page 1, but noticed you’ve been talking to yourself on this page for almost 4 months. hope you’re at least getting paid.

(zenstar) #31

I read it and follow the links if it’s interesting.
Don’t have much to say on the subject though so I don’t comment on it.

(nephandys) #32

lol I got a ton of PM’s for beta keys and stuff. There’s no point in asking in the thread because I have to hook up with people on Steam and stuff anyway. I wouldn’t bother posting if there was really no feedback.

(nephandys) #33

lol I get a ton of PM’s for beta keys and stuff. There’s no point in asking in the thread because I have to hook up with people on Steam, post keys, etc. I wouldn’t bother posting if there was really no feedback.

Thanks for sharing though!

(nephandys) #34

For those that don’t check out OT:
Latest SMNC episode