Another Time Capsule Thread

(TheStrangerous) #1

It’s that time of the DB cycle! After the next merc’s reveal, shall we make another bet?

Also, I’m merging 2 polls into 1 thread, to avoid redundancy.

http://www.strawpoll.me/14086967
http://www.strawpoll.me/14086979

My bet:

MERC GROUP: ASSAULT

I know I voted for the same thing last time, but after seeing the pattern of merc release (Thunder, Aimee, Turtle, Javelin, Guardian), there hasn’t been any new Assault merc released for nearly 2 years. And male, because recently we got 2 female mercs, 3rd time’s a charm!

(Guziol) #2

My bet is a female assault. Don’t know why but that’s my guess.

(hoyes) #3

Definitely has to be an assault merc, for the reason OP suggested, but I hope it is a bit different to your usual nade merc, something a bit more different, similar to Rhino, but hopefully not too similar XD.
I wouldn’t mind a robot/ cyborg, since they are pushing all this fancy tech out recently.

(GatoCommodore) #4

SD pls give us Jenny

(TheStrangerous) #5

@GatoCommodore said:
SD pls give us Jenny

Pokemon much? :wink:

Nah, just kiddin’ I know what yo mean.

(GatoCommodore) #6

@TheStrangerous said:

@GatoCommodore said:
SD pls give us Jenny

Pokemon much? :wink:

Nah, just kiddin’ I know what yo mean.

between her and misato is also fine

(LifeupOmega) #7

@Guziol said:
My bet is a female assault. Don’t know why but that’s my guess.

(TheStrangerous) #8

Now let’s see the time span.

If Javelin was 09.22.2017 and Guardian was 10.10.2017. It’s been 49 days or 7 weeks (every 6-7 week, like they said).

Then the next one should be on 28th of November, presumably… Considering the worst case scenario: 7 weeks.

(TheStrangerous) #9

I think i have a theory regarding future merc…

You know how there’s heaven and hell, yin and yang?
What if the future merc was the opposite of Guardian, whom she’s associated with angels and heaven?

Like that merc could have sound wave ability, which shakes the ground, and have associations with hell and devil? Or some other ability related to ground manipulation?

But what about Stoker you say? Well, he’s too much of a gentlemen/candyman and Hank Hill rather than devil…

(Guziol) #10

@TheStrangerous said:

Like that merc could have sound wave ability, which shakes the ground
The god of secondary objective C4’s. Please no more shaking in the game.

(Your worst knifemare.) #11

@TheStrangerous said:
I think i have a theory regarding future merc…

You know how there’s heaven and hell, yin and yang?
What if the future merc was the opposite of Guardian, whom she’s associated with angels and heaven?

Like that merc could have sound wave ability, which shakes the ground, and have associations with hell and devil? Or some other ability related to ground manipulation?

But what about Stoker you say? Well, he’s too much of a gentlemen/candyman and Hank Hill rather than devil…

A merc like that already exists.

(Ptiloui) #12

After reading @Eox post about new objectives, an idea came in my mind : there was a “hacking device” in game files that you were able to equip by typing the console command “set SGPawn secondaryWeapons (A_hackingdevice_01)” (showed in a WTSFM video in 2015, doesn’t work anymore).
So what if the next merc is a hybrid engie/recon class with this hacking device ? You place it on the ground and every ennemy deployables in radius are disabled, then after one or two seconds are reactivated but as if they were on your side ?
Or instead of placing it on the ground, you throw and stick them like fletcher’s stickies.
If the hacking device is destroyed, deployables are deactived and reactivated as if they were placed by their original owner.

(TheStrangerous) #13

@Ptiloui said:
After reading @Eox post about new objectives, an idea came in my mind : there was a “hacking device” in game files that you were able to equip by typing the console command “set SGPawn secondaryWeapons (A_hackingdevice_01)” (showed in a WTSFM video in 2015, doesn’t work anymore).
So what if the next merc is a hybrid engie/recon class with this hacking device ? You place it on the ground and every ennemy deployables in radius are disabled, then after one or two seconds are reactivated but as if they were on your side ?
Or instead of placing it on the ground, you throw and stick them like fletcher’s stickies.
If the hacking device is destroyed, deployables are deactived and reactivated as if they were placed by their original owner.

Or maybe create a bubble, like Guardian does?

That’s the buff I suggested for Phantom in other thread. Using his OPSAT, I mean… buttons on his glove :wink:

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #14

Officer Jenny with Grandeur

(inscrutableShow) #15

My money is on an assault, but a recon is possible as well. I also want a hermaphrodite merc, preferably a snail or maybe a worm.

(TheStrangerous) #16

@inscrutableShow said:
My money is on an assault, but a recon is possible as well. I also want a hermaphrodite merc, preferably a snail or maybe a worm.

Clownfish are Hermaphrodites… or are they traps?

(JJMAJR) #17

@Mr.Cuddlesworth said:
Officer Jenny with Grandeur

Okay, so we have…

A clone soldier
with a dog
and a battle rifle…

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #18

Recon Android. Calling it.

(TheStrangerous) #19

And so it happened…

I got his gender right, unsure about the group.

(MisterBadmin) #20

C4te confirmed in discord Hunter is going to be a Recon.

One out of two ain’t bad.