another cup on NA side?

(sereNADE) #41

nice server aris, hard to kill you mid westers. jakoby was always a hit beep ahead. na cup nao pls :mad:

(Dthy) #42

Good server, my ping wasn’t as high as it normally is for NA servers (usually 140+, but 100 on yours) and the reg seems gooood. :smiley:

(Aristotle) #43

Yeah it was fun, though I think my game was off tonight, not that I’m usually that great, but tonight I was worse than normal.

Also, feel free to invite whoever and whenever to play, it’s all good. Serenade has the admin password, and I will give it to a few others if absolutely needed. I don’t think it should be that big an issue though since you can vote on everything, including switching from the 4v4 to the 5v5 configs, and soon I’ll throw up the 6v6 to test out.

For anybody interested in playing, whether NA or Euro, if you want to get it going while I’m not home, heres the server, password is “bhscrim”

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/68.232.168.15:27733/

Just noticed it about full as I’m writing this. This makes me happy.

(Crytiqal) #44

I have a few configs lying around (tho they are all cut upinto seperate files (restrictions, settings, etc))

I could try and merge them all into one file again and upload if needed?

I got 4v4 and 6v6

(Seanza) #45

Since my MSN is being a bit iffy, I’ll just edit and upload existing configs that I have. I’m 90% certain I have STA and ASDF ones lying around as well. Might even have the really oldskool CAL and TWL ones!

Edit, here you go!
ETQW Config Pack.zip (23.2 KB)

(Shelly) #46

i still want a smurf cup though. =DDD

(Aristotle) #47

Awesome, thank you seanza.

(Dthy) #48

We should all smurf tonight for the match against JP :smiley:

(rUBBEN) #49

good luck aristotle, a lot of euro teams would sign-up even for a NA cup :stuck_out_tongue:

(Snotling) #50

I know I’m a bit off topic but it would be fun to play 5on5, it’s not a very usual size of competition in ETQW if I remember well. Stupidoz would happily take part in any project you’ll build btw! :wink:

(Seanza) #51

5on5 was a load of fun when we experimented with it. The config I created provides a very good balance between infantry and non-infantry. Brings back (limited) use of heavy weapons, med vehicles (no tanks, etc). Great fun!

(Jakoby) #52

bh could possibly field two teams if vehicles were included, but since the clan is worldwide based it would be hard to get all of them online at the same time. I guess it could be a US bh team, and non-US bh team. but that would be hard to organize. as for crypt there is shelly’s team, and the rest of crypt but i havent seen as many crypt members playing lately, than in the past, and convincing them to play in the cup would be difficult. TAW NA is oblivous to anything outside of there own intersquad scrims. Can they field two teams? ofc, but someone inside TAW has to actually care. so possibly 3-6 teams from bh, TAW, Crypt, its a good start, but there needs to be non-clanbased teams too, i can also see GzR joining but they would have to be notified. Add a couple of Euromix teams and u got something. As for the timing, i suggest weekends.
If there are enough euro teams interested there can be 2 divisions, a euro division and a NA division, the team with the best record in each division gets to the finals. In the finals 1map is played on a euro server, and the other on a NA server.

(Shelly) #53

so when will there be a NA cup? approximate time pls

(Rex) #54

Sorry, but is this going to be a NA cup only or a NA vs EU cup?

(Aristotle) #55

@shelly, I’m finishing up a few things and will open sign ups by this weekend, and planning on starting it about a week later.

@rex, it’s for whoever wants to play. I’m not limiting it to only NA or Euro. If a team can field enough players, they are welcome to participate.

(Dthy) #56

Bring on the MegaUberSuperEuroMix!

(INF3RN0) #57

Nothing will ever top the original… maybe MegaUberMediocreEuroMix? bwahaha

(Shelly) #58

[QUOTE=Aristotle;383532]@shelly, I’m finishing up a few things and will open sign ups by this weekend, and planning on starting it about a week later.

@rex, it’s for whoever wants to play. I’m not limiting it to only NA or Euro. If a team can field enough players, they are welcome to participate.[/QUOTE]

awesome…

(Shelly) #59

any updates for us aris? (im so impatient)