another cup on NA side?

(Shelly) #1

Anyone from other side of the pond willing to organize a small cup, similar to the falling leaves one in euroland?
If so, Im willing to help with organisation and servers. Pm me!

P.S.: Aris? BH? :tongue:

P.P.S.: In fact I think Taw should organize something for the community, since they recruit half of it. :smiley: troll!

(Dthy) #2

IIRC, Aristotle attempted one (The Resurrection Cup) but it didn’t ever take off :confused:

(Shelly) #3

true but maybe it was wrong time then. now the interest seems to exist (i think), shouldnt be anything big and with too many ****ty rules and obligations, the smurf-cup idea yesterday was actually a good idea. get 12 teams together, all smurf names and nobody knows who s playing who, should be awesome fun.

(Apples) #4

TAW / CRYPT / BH / the clutch / some OCB ?

That should be at least 5 teams, or even more if TAW and Crypt can field team a and team b, take a euromix into this and you have your 8 teams for a small comp?

Peace

(rUBBEN) #5
  • GzR and … hubris ?

btw, seeing how quickly chump has been spotted yesterday your smurf idea would fail very quickly I guess :smiley:

(Shelly) #6

[QUOTE=rUBBEN;383008]+ GzR and … hubris ?

btw, seeing how quickly chump has been spotted yesterday your smurf idea would fail very quickly I guess :D[/QUOTE]

dont matter, would still be fun to have a smurf cup. also it would encourage more random teams instead of clanteams to play together vs others. like for instance our team clutchbus, we have players from crypt, taw, former vag clan and no clan ppl. there are still enough active players on na side too that im sure would get together in small random teams of their own choice and not necessarily clanbased. =)

(rUBBEN) #7

Yep you are true it’s a very good idea !

(Aristotle) #8

I would be willing to get one set up again. I was actually thinking about doing that, and doing a small 1 day 1v1 cup for everybody who’s interested (Prize for 1st included). If somebody’s willing to help me out, either from NA or Euroland, just hit me up here or on steam: unknowntechnician

Though, I would be using a bastardized version of the NA comp setups, and wouldn’t use the configs Euro’s are used to, but the map style would be more Euro style than formal NA setups.

(Dthy) #9

I’d be willing to help, but how i have no idea.

(Aristotle) #10

I’m not sure what all I need atm, but maybe help overseeing it… not sure. Though, interestingly enough, all I could find was the 6v6 configs I had for when I ran asdf. I had a 4v4 for that and for another one as well, but apparently not on the same flash drive as the 6v6’s. I will keep looking for them… but if anybody has any euro or NA 4v4 config could you send it my way to look over and possibly use?

That is, unless you think we can get enough teams to field 6 to do 6v6.

(Dthy) #11

It’s not getting the players for a 6v6 which would be a problem, it’s the fact that most euro’s simply hate 6v6 (Not me, i prefer 6v6 to 4v4) because of the vehicles and are scared of getting owned by them.

(Aristotle) #12

Well, if we played 6v6, it would be comp rules, which means no fliers and 30(pretty sure thats the right number) second spawns on the heavies. It’s not like the vehicle play in vanilla to be honest, far from what you saw in the OCB matches. As far as I know, there are only a few of the comp tankers that even play still, and I doubt many of those few would be participating. I’d be playing, but I always hated tanking, and would only play it if forced to.

(Dthy) #13

It would only take a fairly competent tanker to hold off an obj. I remember a playing an 8v8 on propub and when i suggested we switch to a 6v6 cfg after the match (because it’s imo more fun and you hardly ever get the chance to play 6v6), almost everyone left and the server was down to a 3v3. I’d like to know why EU players are scared of 6v6,i bet they’ve all used more vehicles than me (I haven’t even got the vehicle shield, and i have ~170,000-180,000 total xp) yet i still enjoy vehicles, particularly tanking (love learning arcing tank shells over hills and at tormy’s). I see vehicles are more welcomed on NA pub, evident by the fact that whenever i play on NA pub i don’t see “OMFG VEHICLE NOOB”, which is what you get all the time on EU pub.

(Rex) #14

Not the older players…

(Aristotle) #15

Well, I could edit the 6v6 config and make a 5v5 mixed. With everything but the fliers, clops, titan, trojan and desi?

(Rex) #16

Just stick with clanbase 6on6 rules (EU) :wink: (Most balanced one)

(Dthy) #17

Hence why i said ‘most’ which is all the new school players, not you old school people :smiley:

(Aristotle) #18

If it’s a NA cup, and mainly NA teams, I will stick to the 6v6 config me and BMXer used when we ran the asdf 6v6 tourney…

(Seanza) #19

I have a pretty decent 5on5 config made up. Think I still have you MSN, you on right now?

(Aristotle) #20

Yeah I am at the moment.