Am I the only one who likes DB over CS Go

(JShug07) #1

So I recently bought CS Go just to try out how the game actually is, Ofcourse I have seen plenty of youtube videos about the game mechanics and all that CS go is a classic fps game stuff but after playing like 30-35 hrs I just didn’t feel that game maybe because I have around 480ish hours on DB.DB was the first online fps game I had ever played,Yes both the games have different mechanics but it feels like dirty bomb can be so much better in future if the game keeps on progressing.I am not pointing out on the updates we get or the game developers take alot of time to give us update,No what I really mean is this game have alot of potential.

One Thing I found out similar in both the games was the community which is Toxic

What do you guys prefer? DB or CS go?

(everlovestruck) #2

no you’re not

(martha_smith) #3

i prefer DB

CS is an outdated game …

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #4

CS=yuck

(D'@athi) #5

Every single time I play CS, I press my sprint-button, at least a few times… And then I try to longjump…
Still better servers, better performance, less laggers, and a slighty better balance. Ok the better balance probably isn’t to hard to achieve :disappointed:
Cheaterwise probably the same, if you take the highpingexploiters and the spawning-around laggers out of the equation.

(FalC_16) #6

CS 1.6 was THE counter strike which lived the glory of its genre. CS GO is just meh.

(Mc1412013) #7

Cs:go= Cant Stand Game Only

(Splicerrr) #8

I had 1900+ hrs on CS:GO and its just a money making game filled with cheaters, smurfs and toxic players(much worse than db). It has become boring and not fun to really play anymore. The matchmaking and ranking is just stupid. I played a couple of matches the other day just to see how the game was doing after I left and it wasn’t fun at all, even if you won. The game is dying and literally every fps game would beat it now. Valve is just trying to make as much money as possible before the game dies out with skins. If the game didn’t have skins, CS:GO would have died already.

(Press E) #9

Well of course most of the people here will prefer DB, these are the DB forums after all. Try asking this on the CS:GO forums and hearing what they say, lol.
Some people do just prefer CS:GO. Both games are very different, so you can’t exactly call one an upgrade over another.

Personally, I much prefer DB. I hate low TTK in PVP games, and how CS:GO handles recoil and bullet spread is just unattractive af to me. Not to mention I prefer DB’s objective focus, so not everything is about shooting. I hate CS:GO’s community though. I have a few friends who are hardcore TF2 or CS:GO traders, and uhg. I really hope DB never goes that far. When most people play your game for the fashion show and to basically trade stocks in it, I usually don’t want anything to do with it

(JShug07) #10

@STARRYSOCK said:
Well of course most of the people here will prefer DB, these are the DB forums after all. Try asking this on the CS:GO forums and hearing what they say, lol.
Some people do just prefer CS:GO. Both games are very different, so you can’t exactly call one an upgrade over another.

Personally, I much prefer DB. I hate low TTK in PVP games, and how CS:GO handles recoil and bullet spread is just unattractive af to me. Not to mention I prefer DB’s objective focus, so not everything is about shooting. I hate CS:GO’s community though. I have a few friends who are hardcore TF2 or CS:GO traders, and uhg. I really hope DB never goes that far. When most people play your game for the fashion show and to basically trade stocks in it, I usually don’t want anything to do with it

I like how starry always comes up with the answer I need

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #11

I played CSGO for 15 minutes and then refunded it. Didn’t like the way it looked, didn’t really care for the gameplay. Also didn’t help that I have a problem trusting people when it comes to trading and scams and such. Hopefully DB doesn’t end up having that problem (the Rads system probably won’t help with that).
I know that I probably shouldn’t judge a game after 15 minutes, but do you know how many elite case you can buy with 15 bucks? Like 2, but whatever.

(Unrivaled) #12

@Splicerrr said:
I had 1900+ hrs on CS:GO and its just a money making game filled with cheaters, smurfs and toxic players(much worse than db). It has become boring and not fun to really play anymore. The matchmaking and ranking is just stupid. I played a couple of matches the other day just to see how the game was doing after I left and it wasn’t fun at all, even if you won. The game is dying and literally every fps game would beat it now. Valve is just trying to make as much money as possible before the game dies out with skins. If the game didn’t have skins, CS:GO would have died already.

That’s the biggest load of bs I’ve read in a long time. You may find it boring, but if you think the game is filled with cheaters and smurfs, then you clearly don’t have a Prime account… and if you’re scared of smurfs, you’re probably not the best player around anyway (I’m not judging, but I just think it’s hard to enjoy a game you’re not good at, others might have a different opinion). Also, you have leagues like Faceit or ESEA that should fight MM’s boredom, because if you only play MM, I understand you might find the game boring.

Now, CSGO is dying? Where did you get that from lol
The game has a huge player base, and it has been stable for the past 3 years… DB though… I don’t even know if the word “dying” is appropriate, “already dead” seems to fit better. CSGO’s player base is 250 times bigger than DB’s fyi.

Yes, the devs try to make money out of their game. Is there actually any game that the devs don’t try to make money on? The market makes skins very affordable, except for the rarest ones obviously, meanwhile in DB everything is insanely overpriced and the game still doesn’t have a market after 3 years. So I’m not too sure what the problem is.

There are only 2 true things in what you wrote: yes the community is toxic, pretty much like any widely popular game, and if you can’t handle toxicness you shouldn’t be playing DB either anyway. And yes the game would have died without skins. So? Skins happened, game didn’t die.

And all of that comes from someone who’s not a CSGO addict at all, I play a lot of different games, CSGO being one of them but definitely not the one I play the most. But the explosive spam in DB is ten times more boring to me than a classic game like CSGO.

That was the unpopular opinion of the day, cya.

(Splicerrr) #13

@Unrivaled said:

@Splicerrr said:

That’s the biggest load of bs I’ve read in a long time. You may find it boring, but if you think the game is filled with cheaters and smurfs, then you clearly don’t have a Prime account… and if you’re scared of smurfs, you’re probably not the best player around anyway (I’m not judging, but I just think it’s hard to enjoy a game you’re not good at, others might have a different opinion). Also, you have leagues like Faceit or ESEA that should fight MM’s boredom, because if you only play MM, I understand you might find the game boring.

The game IS filled with cheaters and smurfs, and no I did have prime and the highest rank I achieved was master guardian 2. There are plenty of people who buy alt accounts just to wreck silvers when they really are MG+. I am not “scared” of smurfs, but it is definitely unfair for the other team when they have to play against a closet high rank who cant verse other people with their own rank. I have competed in multiple leagues and teams and yes I have played Faceit ESEA, scrimmed with other teams DMG+ and even had actual strats. If you play mm for rank then you should quit csgo right now, because it is a joke. What I mean by “boring” is that the game isn’t that special in terms of content. The only content they release are new skins which require money and operations which only happen once a year.

The game has a huge player base, and it has been stable for the past 3 years… DB though… I don’t even know if the word “dying” is appropriate, “already dead” seems to fit better. CSGO’s player base is 250 times bigger than DB’s fyi.

You do realize that CS:GO has been out for 6 years and the only reason why is it “stable” is because of their skins. Look at the steam charts, when the arms deal update came, the game started growing massively. Also you can’t compare a game that has been out for a long time to a game thats still in a long beta. CS:GO is only alive because their skins. “Stable”, haven’t you seen all the videos on Youtube? The best players of CS have left the game, and if you look at the steam charts, more people are leaving than joining as of the past months.

Yes, the devs try to make money out of their game. Is there actually any game that the devs don’t try to make money on? The market makes skins very affordable, except for the rarest ones obviously, meanwhile in DB everything is insanely overpriced and the game still doesn’t have a market after 3 years. So I’m not too sure what the problem is.

Of course, every dev has to eat, but what I was addressing was the gambling problem and scamming which made CS:GO shit. The skins are worth ACTUAL money. I myself have owned many expensive skins so I contributed money to the game, and mostly everyone has; which is my point, if the game didn’t have such insanely expensive skins, it would be dead. Of course DB items are overpriced, they are still in beta and they let people choose if they want to help the game or not, and they have talked about steam market, but its not required to make money.

There are only 2 true things in what you wrote: yes the community is toxic, pretty much like any widely popular game, and if you can’t handle toxicness you shouldn’t be playing DB either anyway. And yes the game would have died without skins. So? Skins happened, game didn’t die.

CS:GO toxicity is worse. DB is less toxic. Simply put.

And all of that comes from someone who’s not a CSGO addict at all, I play a lot of different games, CSGO being one of them but definitely not the one I play the most. But the explosive spam in DB is ten times more boring to me than a classic game like CSGO.

Then you shouldn’t be responding to my opinion then. Cause I have played MUCH more than you and I know how the game was.

Make a steam discussion and ask why people leave csgo. Guranteed there will be people who will mention what I stated earlier. Bye

(henki000) #14

What does it matter if someone like CS or not? I dont own digital copy of CS, because I try to avoid spending money on non-physical imagination products. I will not likely throw copper to Dirty Bomb either. Still, that CS’s massive playerbase is impressive. Even for such a old game. That is something Dirty Bomb should reach. You get that 400k concurrent players easily, when you hit Indian 1 billion population and grab that free game market niche. Servers will detonate and if you harness that thermal energy. You could travel lightspeed, possibly back in time. Revert that decision of ever slowing TTK and finally dominate world.

(B_Montiel) #15

@Splicerrr said:
You do realize that CS:GO has been out for 6 years and the only reason why is it “stable” is because of their skins. Look at the steam charts, when the arms deal update came, the game started growing massively.

Just to point out, it did not only came with weapon skins. It also brought everything that made cs:go the new 1.6, from proper network improvements, proper game content and balancing that was required.

Either way, I prefer turnips over carrots. And that’s about it comparing cs:go and dirty bomb. Most DB players who still play it prefer turnips over carrots, or over tomatoes (overwatch), or over potatoes (pubg).

Some love them, but the common rabble truly hates them.

(Unrivaled) #16

@Splicerrr said:

@Unrivaled said:

@Splicerrr said:

The game IS filled with cheaters and smurfs, and no I did have prime and the highest rank I achieved was master guardian 2. There are plenty of people who buy alt accounts just to wreck silvers when they really are MG+. I am not “scared” of smurfs, but it is definitely unfair for the other team when they have to play against a closet high rank who cant verse other people with their own rank. I have competed in multiple leagues and teams and yes I have played Faceit ESEA, scrimmed with other teams DMG+ and even had actual strats. If you play mm for rank then you should quit csgo right now, because it is a joke. What I mean by “boring” is that the game isn’t that special in terms of content. The only content they release are new skins which require money and operations which only happen once a year.

If you have Prime, you don’t play against smurfs, simple as that. Just because someone is good and doesn’t have a lot of hours doesn’t mean he’s smurfing. There are very few cheaters in low ranks, so if the best you reached was MG2 you shouldn’t have met a lot of cheaters. The rest confirms what I was thinking.

You do realize that CS:GO has been out for 6 years and the only reason why is it “stable” is because of their skins. Look at the steam charts, when the arms deal update came, the game started growing massively. Also you can’t compare a game that has been out for a long time to a game thats still in a long beta. CS:GO is only alive because their skins. “Stable”, haven’t you seen all the videos on Youtube? The best players of CS have left the game, and if you look at the steam charts, more people are leaving than joining as of the past months.

Of course the game got popular because of skins, I even told you it was true. But how is that any relevant about the fact that the game is, according to you, dying?

And you’re telling me the pros who are paid to play the game are leaving, LOL. The competitive scene keeps growing actually, more and more organizations are getting into CS.
Or maybe you’re calling streamers the “best players of CS” rofl

Of course, every dev has to eat, but what I was addressing was the gambling problem and scamming which made CS:GO @$!#. The skins are worth ACTUAL money. I myself have owned many expensive skins so I contributed money to the game, and mostly everyone has; which is my point, if the game didn’t have such insanely expensive skins, it would be dead. Of course DB items are overpriced, they are still in beta and they let people choose if they want to help the game or not, and they have talked about steam market, but its not required to make money.

Again, no one cares if the game would be dead if there weren’t any skins, since there are skins. It’s like saying Fortnite would be dead if you couldn’t build, yeah sure it would be, but you can build, so no one cares how it would be if you couldn’t.

Never said DB was as toxic.

Then you shouldn’t be responding to my opinion then. Cause I have played MUCH more than you and I know how the game was.

I have played the game for a long time, I know how it was and how it is now just as well as you do. And you’ve played more, yet I’m probably 10 times better than you at the game, so if you really wanna start the “my opinion matters more than yours” discussion, np

Make a steam discussion and ask why people leave csgo. Guranteed there will be people who will mention what I stated earlier. Bye

The only thing that I find really funny is that in a DB vs CSGO (pretty much) thread, you mention that CSGO is dying, ignoring the fact that if you consider CSGO dying, then DB is dead and buried.
But surely, let’s wait for 1.0 and the hundreds of thousands of players who will suddenly join the game after being out for 3 years.

And I said here before how special DB still is to me, even though I don’t play it anymore. I’m not roasting it for nothing, I don’t hate the game, I’m just saying the truth, the game is dead, and it’s sad for everyone, but that’s how it is.

(Rodolfosaurio) #17

I have CS:GO and still prefer Dirty Bomb all day. I’m a big fan of old school Half-Life, and DB reminds me a lot of those days

(Splicerrr) #18

@Unrivaled said:

@Splicerrr said:

@Unrivaled said:

@Splicerrr said:

If you have Prime, you don’t play against smurfs, simple as that. Just because someone is good and doesn’t have a lot of hours doesn’t mean he’s smurfing. There are very few cheaters in low ranks, so if the best you reached was MG2 you shouldn’t have met a lot of cheaters. The rest confirms what I was thinking.

Prime lessens the chance of smurfs, it doesn’t get rid of them permanently. Of course, but its very obvious when someone has less then 10 hrs and is wrecking newcomers. There are actually a good amount of cheaters in low ranks. They just make a new account and start their first few games hacking and destroying the enemy team. I was never talking about myself encountering cheaters/smurfs, but now that you bring it up I have seen a couple of smurfs in my last few games coming back. When I was mg2 there were mostly just smurfs who were LE+ and had a spare account to play with.

Of course the game got popular because of skins, I even told you it was true. But how is that any relevant about the fact that the game is, according to you, dying?
“The game is dying and literally every fps game would beat it now.” Hmm, lets see Valve rarely makes content for the game other than skins. They can’t prevent the scamming, gambling or smurfing problems. People who have played the game for such a long time are quitting due to boredem. Also their new trade hold probably got rid of more players. If you look at other games, they release new content time to time so players won’t get bored and leave; you should know that since you play a lot of “different” games.

And you’re telling me the pros who are paid to play the game are leaving, LOL. The competitive scene keeps growing actually, more and more organizations are getting into CS.
Or maybe you’re calling streamers the “best players of CS” rofl

Not, just pros. I know a lot of people who were friends, rivals and teammates of mine. More than half of them have left and have played for many years. The competitive scene will always keep growing; and its not related to the actual players of the game.

Of course, every dev has to eat, but what I was addressing was the gambling problem and scamming which made CS:GO @$!#. The skins are worth ACTUAL money. I myself have owned many expensive skins so I contributed money to the game, and mostly everyone has; which is my point, if the game didn’t have such insanely expensive skins, it would be dead. Of course DB items are overpriced, they are still in beta and they let people choose if they want to help the game or not, and they have talked about steam market, but its not required to make money.

Again, no one cares if the game would be dead if there weren’t any skins, since there are skins. It’s like saying Fortnite would be dead if you couldn’t build, yeah sure it would be, but you can build, so no one cares how it would be if you couldn’t.

My point is, people are still sticking around cause of their skins. Sooner or later if the population decreases, skins will no longer be interested in, and people will leave and just sell them (which is what I did). All their content costs money, and atleast in Dirty Bomb you can obtain content easily for free if you play regularly. “Very affordable”; only the skins that are cheap and don’t look as nice. If you want really nice looking skins you would have to pay lots more money, which is of course is what the people want so they invest in buying them. And I’m sure you have heard about the case percentage drops and key costs. CS:GO is a gambling game when it comes to Valve making money. But obviously to the players it is an actual game.

Never said DB was as toxic.

I have played the game for a long time, I know how it was and how it is now just as well as you do. And you’ve played more, yet I’m probably 10 times better than you at the game, so if you really wanna start the “my opinion matters more than yours” discussion, np

Your talking to a guy who has played CS:GO all day everyday for more than a year. You mentioned that you play different games as well. You mentioning that, means that you have’t played as much = less experience. I don’t know if you have competed and played competitively or what your skill level is. “yet I’m probably 10 times better than you at the game” thats good! I don’t play the game anymore and I only play once in a while and play other games just like you. But I used to take it very seriously.

The only thing that I find really funny is that in a DB vs CSGO (pretty much) thread, you mention that CSGO is dying, ignoring the fact that if you consider CSGO dying, then DB is dead and buried.
But surely, let’s wait for 1.0 and the hundreds of thousands of players who will suddenly join the game after being out for 3 years.
Who knows? No one can predict the future. Dirty Bomb could blow up and become a great game or it will stay this way. You can’t consider a game still in open beta with no marketing at all to be fully dead. CS:GO can still survive or it will die. All I know is that CS:GO’s state currently is bad and it COULD die and will not be able to compete with other games.

And I said here before how special DB still is to me, even though I don’t play it anymore. I’m not roasting it for nothing, I don’t hate the game, I’m just saying the truth, the game is dead, and it’s sad for everyone, but that’s how it is.

And I said here before how special CS:GO still is to me, even though I don’t play it anymore. I’m not roasting it for nothing, I don’t hate the game, I’m just saying the truth, the game is dead, and it’s sad for everyone, but that’s how it is.

(Teflon Love) #19

The one thing I like about CS:GO and that’s missing from DB (yet) is that you can sell the cosmetics drops. I never cared for fancy skins and even if you play CS:GO only casually you can buy 1 or 2 games a year from selling drops.

(B_Montiel) #20

I’d bet a fiver that most players who left cs:go went to pubg or fortnite. Those two are proper player funnels for all shooters right now. Don’t worry about them, once bored, they’ll get back in cs at some point. Cs:go will remain the reference competitive shooter with good broadcasting advantages for a long time.