A random nit-pick at Guardian's cooldown

(ThinkItsClose) #1

As shown by Zorla here the AOE revive has a cooldown.
This really doesn’t seem fair, reviving multiple teammates is very situational and every other medic has no defib cooldown time so they can arguably revive more people in one room than Guardian can, i really don’t see the need for a cooldown. Given that the maximum cooldown looks to be around 14 seconds what happens if you miss a revive or the person you are trying to revive gets jibbed? You just stand around watching your whole team die in front of you. Seems too far, or is it just me?

(GatoCommodore) #2

@ThinkItsClose said:
As shown by Zorla here the AOE revive has a cooldown.
This really doesn’t seem fair, reviving multiple teammates is very situational and every other medic has no defib cooldown time so they can arguably revive more people in one room than Guardian can, i really don’t see the need for a cooldown. Given that the maximum cooldown looks to be around 14 seconds what happens if you miss a revive or the person you are trying to revive gets jibbed? You just stand around watching your whole team die in front of you. Seems too far, or is it just me?

yeah i think so too
they gonna have to remove or just made it 1/2 sec cooldown

I personally think having a cooldown on it is good, but we’ll see how it plays out when she’s released. 5-10 seconds sounds ideal.

(pumpkinmeerkat) #4

Seems fine on paper IMO. Will have to play and see.

(Press E) #5

As someone who mains medics and has around 350+ hours on aura alone, the cooldown is the main reason I don’t consider her a medic, and likely won’t ever be replacing my medic slot with her.

The radius is so small considering how people usually die far away from each other. And any decent medic will usually start charging their defib before a teammate goes down. However, there’s always a chance that they won’t go down, or that they’ll go down much later. Not only is her AEO revive encouraging players to tap revive to avoid a long cooldown, but it also discourages preemptive defib charging.

I’d rather they nerf her AEO heal a bit rather than add a cooldown that just makes no sense whatsoever. Decrease range slightly, slow her down while using it (like literally every other medic), etc. Because even a 1 or 2 second cooldown means you’re going to get yelled at by teammates, and in a lot of cases won’t be able to revive people properly. I don’t even understand why they thought a cooldown was a good idea on a defib ability.

Don’t get me wrong, she still seems like a cool merc. But it seems silly to replace the medic role on your team with her.

(Sorotia) #6

It feels like with how all of the crybabies whined about how OP Javelin was they decided to make her obviously UP (And no, I’m not taking about her her drone) The cooldown on rez and no healing ability at all…

She is rather situational and I can see a lot of people just passing on her all together.

(ThinkItsClose) #7

@Sorotia said:
It feels like with how all of the crybabies whined about how OP Javelin was they decided to make her obviously UP (And no, I’m not taking about her her drone) The cooldown on rez and no healing ability at all…

She is rather situational and I can see a lot of people just passing on her all together.

Yeah pretty it’s pretty stupid that they are trying to pass her off as a medic, with the ability to revive less than half the time and the lack of a healing ability.

(Press E) #8

@Sorotia said:

I’d rather have a merc be underpowered at release than overpowered.
When people buy something that gets nerfed to hell a few weeks later, it’s not exactly a good customer experience.
Besides, at least we won’t have 6 guardians on one team like we did during the javelin release. Most people I’ve seen agree javelin’s release was a huge pain in the ass, I’m glad they’re not trying to repeat that.

I’m personally looking forward to her, I’m glad I saved up the credits to buy her and I definitely will when she comes out. She doesn’t seem underpowered to me, she’s more like an assault merc with an iffy medic ability, but it doesn’t make her underpowered.

(GatoCommodore) #9

@STARRYSOCK said:

@Sorotia said:

When people buy something that gets nerfed to hell a few weeks later, it’s not exactly a good customer experience.
Besides, at least we won’t have 6 guardians on one team like we did during the javelin release. Most people I’ve seen agree javelin’s release was a huge pain in the ass, I’m glad they’re not trying to repeat that.

I’m personally looking forward to her, I’m glad I saved up the credits to buy her and I definitely will when she comes out. She doesn’t seem underpowered to me, she’s more like an assault merc with an iffy medic ability, but it doesn’t make her underpowered.

shes engineer/medic hybrid
with automatic rifles

bretty cool

(XavienX) #10

Bruh, she can’t even heal.

But we’ll have to see in game.

(AlbinMatt) #11

Yo, can the zip zap bubble damage enemies?

(Press E) #12

@AlbinMatt said:

No, it can’t.

Imagine if it could though, lol. Why use guns when you could just trap people in your bubble? xD

(AlbinMatt) #13

@STARRYSOCK said:

@AlbinMatt said:

No, it can’t.

Imagine if it could though, lol. Why use guns when you could just trap people in your bubble? xD

Ok, then there should be no reason her rev bubble’s cooldown, unless it functions as a ghetto Phoenix pulse too. I heard that her revives brings you up at full health, which just sounds like SD is promoting necrotic rituals (as in downing multiple teammates to rev them at full health). Coupled with Chav’s ammo resupply, the “K-Out” meta is gonna go obselete, since you can get full HP Ammo without waiting for respawns.

(Sorotia) #14

@STARRYSOCK said:

@Sorotia said:

I’ve never seen a team with 6 Javelin…tops was 3 or maybe 4 once or twice.

Don’t get me wrong I’m still gonna unlock her…but feels like they just made her pretty underpowered in general just because of her drone.

Honestly I’d rather have her drone have a longer cooldown for some kind of healing or something.

(woodchip) #15

I don’t see why her rez doesn’t have a healing component. Being able to risk no rez for a few seconds in exchange for healing is still a major weakness compared to traditional medics, and would make her feel much more complete IMO.

Even if that would somehow be overpowered then just nerf her health to 100. I really do not want a medic that I can’t add to my squad without locking in another medic. Also on a pure fun level medic self-sustain is the major perk that prevents medicing from feeling like a burden/sacrifice.

(Press E) #16

Keep in mind; she’s not released yet. Give her a try before you call her OP/UP, especially since the people who’ve reviewed her said she plays out a lot different than she sounds on paper.

All I’m saying is that a cooldown on a revive ability seems like a bad idea in DB, I’m not saying she’s underpowered, just that she’s not really fit for being a team’s only medic if you’re looking at it from a competitive perspective.

@woodchip said:
I don’t see why her rez doesn’t have a healing component.

Personally I think she’s fine without any healing ability. As long as you’re on top of your revives, healing isn’t really an issue most of the time (this coming from an aura main, the best healing merc there is). The problem is the cooldown on her revive ability.
You can get away with not healing, but when you can only revive once every 1 or 2 seconds (on a bare minimum defib charge of a WHOPPING 30 health), then you’re going to have to start picking favourite teammates to prioritize reviving.

(TheWickedsin) #17

I have to agree that a cooldown on the revive seems a little absurd. I will still unlock her and play her but I can’t say she will replace my meds. We will see what happens tomorrow.

(acrobaticBudgie) #18

From what I’ve seen so far, she looks to be an assault merc who can revive rather than a straight medic. She’s got 110hp, which puts her on par with Sawbonez more than with Aura or Sparks and her weapons - Hurtsall, M4A1 or Timik - support that.

(GatoCommodore) #19

the thing with the bubble is she need line of sight, the rez too…

i wonder how they code that into the game…
these guys are getting pretty good…

(Melinder) #20

The maximum cooldown is 8 seconds.

It’s going to be awkward when there is only one downed player infront of you and you’ll have to judge whether you think 2 or more of your teammates are going to go down within the next 8 seconds, and if so, you’ll have to leave the one player to die/respawn.

Prepare to be yelled at in voice chat.

Not sure if somebody else said it in this thread, but I think a better way to balance it would be if you revive one player, receive no cooldown. Revive 2, X second cooldown. Revive 3, Y second cooldown. Revive 4, Z second cooldown, where X<Y<Z.