A random nit-pick at Guardian's cooldown

(Press E) #21

@Melinder said:
The maximum cooldown is 8 seconds.

It’s going to be awkward when there is only one downed player infront of you and you’ll have to judge whether you think 2 or more of your teammates are going to go down within the next 8 seconds, and if so, you’ll have to leave the one player to die/respawn.

Prepare to be yelled at in voice chat.

Not sure if somebody else said it in this thread, but I think a better way to balance it would be if you revive one player, receive no cooldown. Revive 2, X second cooldown. Revive 3, Y second cooldown. Revive 4, Z second cooldown, where X>Y>Z.

Having any cooldown on a revive ability just encourages bad habits tbh.
On phoenix, holding down his health pulse gives a greater cooldown, but the thing is, his ability is more “selfish” than guardian’s. Getting a greater cooldown means you get healed more. So for a new player, holding the button down seems great, but holding it down on guardian just implies that it’s better to tap it. And charging just in case a teammate goes down? Forget that. The last thing we need is to punish players for playing a medic the way they should be played.

It’s not up to the player where your teammates die, and you shouldn’t be rewarded/punished with different cooldowns depending on where they do. There’s nothing I can see that would ever justify a cooldown on a revive ability in DB.

(Melinder) #22

@STARRYSOCK said:

@Melinder said:

It’s going to be awkward when there is only one downed player infront of you and you’ll have to judge whether you think 2 or more of your teammates are going to go down within the next 8 seconds, and if so, you’ll have to leave the one player to die/respawn.

Not sure if somebody else said it in this thread, but I think a better way to balance it would be if you revive one player, receive no cooldown. Revive 2, X second cooldown. Revive 3, Y second cooldown. Revive 4, Z second cooldown, where X>Y>Z.

Having any cooldown on a revive ability just encourages bad habits tbh.
On phoenix, holding down his health pulse gives a greater cooldown, but the thing is, his ability is more “selfish” than guardian’s. Getting a greater cooldown means you get healed more. So for a new player, holding the button down seems great, but holding it down on guardian just implies that it’s better to tap it. And charging just in case a teammate goes down? Forget that. The last thing we need is to punish players for playing a medic the way they should be played.

It’s not up to the player where your teammates die, and you shouldn’t be rewarded/punished with different cooldowns depending on where they do. There’s nothing I can see that would ever justify a cooldown on a revive ability in DB.

Well we are arguing with SD’s incompetence, so there’s bound to be mass confusion.

(GatoCommodore) #23

@Melinder said:

Not sure if somebody else said it in this thread, but I think a better way to balance it would be if you revive one player, receive no cooldown. Revive 2, X second cooldown. Revive 3, Y second cooldown. Revive 4, Z second cooldown, where X<Y<Z.

you should post this in reddit
they wont hear you here

(Melinder) #24

@GatoCommodore said:

@Melinder said:

Not sure if somebody else said it in this thread, but I think a better way to balance it would be if you revive one player, receive no cooldown. Revive 2, X second cooldown. Revive 3, Y second cooldown. Revive 4, Z second cooldown, where X<Y<Z.

they wont hear you here

It won’t be heard anywhere when they don’t listen.

(K1X455) #25

@Melinder said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Melinder said:

they wont hear you here

It won’t be heard anywhere when they don’t listen.

It’s not that they don’t listen. There are three axes of seeing the same thing