A private ranked server [etqw]

(zabas) #21

[QUOTE=DrFunkenstein;348397]If I check the screenshot you posted, I see no server name and no IP address.

Dr. Funkenstein[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have deleted that info because the server is in test mode, but the other info from gametracker is ok and real. If I shut down the server, this info updates correctly to gametracker.

:wink:

(Crytiqal) #22

If gametracker can spot your server then your frieds should be able to join, or you haven’t opened the correct ports in your router/firewall

I assume you did as I said in my previous post about deleting the serverlicense etc?

What does your serverlog say when they try to connect and what does their client say?

(zabas) #23

[QUOTE=Crytiqal;351441]If gametracker can spot your server then your frieds should be able to join, or you haven’t opened the correct ports in your router/firewall

I assume you did as I said in my previous post about deleting the serverlicense etc?

What does your serverlog say when they try to connect and what does their client say?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have deleted the serverlicence and I have a new one, and I opened the ports 27733 TCP/UDP and 3076 TCP/UDP in my router.

The logs are all in CSV and I can’t see any info that can help.

The clients stay “Connecting” when a direct connection is used due the server doesn’t appears on INTERNET list.
I attach my SERVER.CFG. maybe here is the problem and I did not have noticed.

Thanks!

(Scrupus) #24

The CSV files in the logs directory are not server logs, but xp/match logs. Add something like this to your config for the real server log:

seta logFile "1"        // 1 = buffer log, 2 = flush after each print, default
seta logFileName "server-$Y$M$D.log" // name of log file, if empty, console.log
seta logTimeStamps "1" // add time stamps to console log, default = "0"

You can also try to add this to the commandline:

+set net_ip “your.public.ip.number”

And also check the demonware_server.log - it’s where the communication with master server is tracked.

(Patriotqube) #25

Firewall issue?

(zabas) #26

[QUOTE=Scrupus;352771]The CSV files in the logs directory are not server logs, but xp/match logs. Add something like this to your config for the real server log:

seta logFile "1"        // 1 = buffer log, 2 = flush after each print, default
seta logFileName "server-$Y$M$D.log" // name of log file, if empty, console.log
seta logTimeStamps "1" // add time stamps to console log, default = "0"

You can also try to add this to the commandline:

+set net_ip “your.public.ip.number”

And also check the demonware_server.log - it’s where the communication with master server is tracked.[/QUOTE]

Hi:
I think the problem is my router config to accept incoming players. I attach it…

(Scrupus) #27

Hi,

I’m no expert on home router setup, but I wonder if you should try to set up the ports in the “Virtual Server” section in your router instead ; Port Triggering sounds like it’s more meant for client to client (videochat and such). Especially since there is no field for the servers local IP number in your screenshot.

The port numbers themselves looks ok. In the virtual server config, you can probably setup the same ports, but including the IP address of your qw server.

(zabas) #28

[QUOTE=Scrupus;355454]Hi,

I’m no expert on home router setup, but I wonder if you should try to set up the ports in the “Virtual Server” section in your router instead ; Port Triggering sounds like it’s more meant for client to client (videochat and such). Especially since there is no field for the servers local IP number in your screenshot.

The port numbers themselves looks ok. In the virtual server config, you can probably setup the same ports, but including the IP address of your qw server.[/QUOTE]

Hi:
As ETQW doesn’t support NAT, I had to setup it in DMZ although setting it in Port Triggering produces the same result. The only thing I can do is setting the ports in both sides, Port Triggering and DMZ. I will try this.

(zabas) #29

[QUOTE=zabas;355804]Hi:
As ETQW doesn’t support NAT, I had to setup it in DMZ although setting it in Port Triggering produces the same result. The only thing I can do is setting the ports in both sides, Port Triggering and DMZ. I will try this.[/QUOTE]

Hi:
I have tested it and the result is the same.
@ Gametracker.com I can claim my server and I can see the status and the players (bots) correctly,
but it’s impossible to connect. The SERVER continues on LAN section only.

(Scrupus) #30

Did you get the logging working? Also check the tip in this thread, about deleting the etqwdedconfig.cfg file (as it may prevent your own config settings in some cases): http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29475

And did you try the virtual server thing as well, or only DMZ? I’m not sure if those are equal.

But I agree that most stuff seems ok, if gametracker can see it. It’s the reporting to master server that seems to be a problem. But if you get the log working, you can see if server get authed properly with master server.

It should say this in the server log if you’re authed ok:

2011-07-13 19:44:27 : Dedicated server signed in and is authenticated.

(zabas) #31

[QUOTE=Scrupus;356231]Did you get the logging working? Also check the tip in this thread, about deleting the etqwdedconfig.cfg file (as it may prevent your own config settings in some cases): http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29475

And did you try the virtual server thing as well, or only DMZ? I’m not sure if those are equal.

But I agree that most stuff seems ok, if gametracker can see it. It’s the reporting to master server that seems to be a problem. But if you get the log working, you can see if server get authed properly with master server.

It should say this in the server log if you’re authed ok:

2011-07-13 19:44:27 : Dedicated server signed in and is authenticated.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the log is working right!
2011-07-13 16:25:31 : Dedicated server signed in and is authenticated.

I tried VS, DMZ, DMZ+VS. The difference is only for NAT apps. NAT app must set up in VS.
DMZ is for not NAT, confirmed by my router help manual.

The fact is if I delete the router config in DMZ or VS mode I can’t claim my server from GAMETRACKER, so I assume that it is working.

My SERVER.CFG is located at /home/etqw/<installation directory>/base
My ETQWDEDCONFIG.CFG is located at /home/etqw/.etqw/base where the log files are.

I deleted ETQWDEDCONFIG.CFG and moved to this location SERVER.CFG.
I copied SERVER.CFG as AUTOEXEC.cfg but when I start the game using “./etqw-dedicated” the autoexec.cfg doesn’t load. I need to manually load SERVER.CFG
A new ETQWDEDCONFIG.CFG file was created.

I tried this:
http://www.seomastering.com/port-scanner.php
I tested with my WAN IP on TCP port 27733 when the server is running and it says me PORT 27733 Status: CLOSED!

I attach a pic of SERVICES at my router that I can access from INTERNET.
I can’t create a new one so I think here is the problem.
I should be able to add a custom service (ETQW), shouldn’t I?
:slight_smile:

(zabas) #32

[QUOTE=zabas;356417]Yes, the log is working right!
2011-07-13 16:25:31 : Dedicated server signed in and is authenticated.

I tried VS, DMZ, DMZ+VS. The difference is only for NAT apps. NAT app must set up in VS.
DMZ is for not NAT, confirmed by my router help manual.

The fact is if I delete the router config in DMZ or VS mode I can’t claim my server from GAMETRACKER, so I assume that it is working.

My SERVER.CFG is located at /home/etqw/<installation directory>/base
My ETQWDEDCONFIG.CFG is located at /home/etqw/.etqw/base where the log files are.

I deleted ETQWDEDCONFIG.CFG and moved to this location SERVER.CFG.
I copied SERVER.CFG as AUTOEXEC.cfg but when I start the game using “./etqw-dedicated” the autoexec.cfg doesn’t load. I need to manually load SERVER.CFG
A new ETQWDEDCONFIG.CFG file was created.

I tried this:
http://www.seomastering.com/port-scanner.php
I tested with my WAN IP on TCP port 27733 when the server is running and it says me PORT 27733 Status: CLOSED!

I attach a pic of SERVICES at my router that I can access from INTERNET.
I can’t create a new one so I think here is the problem.
I should be able to add a custom service (ETQW), shouldn’t I?
:)[/QUOTE]

Hi:
I contacted with my router support. The config must be set only in DMZ. I did it.
When I set net_ip to my WAN IP an error message appears and the server doesn’t load:
ERROR: IPSocket: bind: Cannot assign requested address
Unable to open server on port 27733
The update server could not be reached.

If I set net_ip to localhost or private server’s ip this error it not shown and the server loads correctly.

In both cases, I can see the server’s info from GAMETRACKER.COM

(Scrupus) #33

Hi,

your provider is probably right about that, my bad - set to the local ip (or none) in the qw config.

But I’m not sure what else is missing, all you’ve done seems ok. Don’t have a lot of experience with home routers (I run qw servers directly on public ips), so sorry - can’t help more I’m afraid :frowning:

(zabas) #34

[QUOTE=Scrupus;356935]Hi,

your provider is probably right about that, my bad - set to the local ip (or none) in the qw config.

But I’m not sure what else is missing, all you’ve done seems ok. Don’t have a lot of experience with home routers (I run qw servers directly on public ips), so sorry - can’t help more I’m afraid :([/QUOTE]

Thank U very very much! :smiley: Provider home routers sucks, je je je!!!

(Crytiqal) #35

I would strongly suggest AGAINST using DMZ, as this puts your computer right open for all kind of attacks

DMZ is only used for testing purposes.

(zabas) #36

[QUOTE=zabas;356696]Hi:
I contacted with my router support. The config must be set only in DMZ. I did it.
When I set net_ip to my WAN IP an error message appears and the server doesn’t load:
ERROR: IPSocket: bind: Cannot assign requested address
Unable to open server on port 27733
The update server could not be reached.

If I set net_ip to localhost or private server’s ip this error it not shown and the server loads correctly.

In both cases, I can see the server’s info from GAMETRACKER.COM[/QUOTE]

Hi:
I tried another test and config. This time I have 2 errors:
1st error is in my computer: the game stay in “Connecting to <WAN IP>[/B]”

2nd error is in my friend’s computer (mensaje appears in spanish. I translate)
There is no connection to the pure server
There is no download available

(zabas) #37

[QUOTE=Crytiqal;357298]I would strongly suggest AGAINST using DMZ, as this puts your computer right open for all kind of attacks

DMZ is only used for testing purposes.[/QUOTE]

I know it, so I use DEBIAN OS.

(zabas) #38

[QUOTE=zabas;355238]Hi:
I think the problem is my router config to accept incoming players. I attach it…[/QUOTE]

The problem was my router config.
I powered off my router and my switch and voila! IT WORKS NOW.
Opening only PORT 27733 TCP/UDP in PORT TRIGGER and setting LAN IP in Virtual Server.

Now the SERVER appears con INTERNET SERVERS LIST inside the game and my friends CAN connect right!

The SERVER is not RANKED is the only problem.

Thanks folks for helping me to find the solution and solve the problem! :stroggbanana::stroggbanana::stroggbanana:

(Crytiqal) #39

Ofcourse your server isn’t ranked you big silly :stuck_out_tongue:

You have to be a certified GSP for that to happen.
Anyway, I’m glad it works for you. I understand you’re not in DMZ anymore right?

(Donnovan) #40

I also would like to know. You is not using DMZ anymore, right?