A few improvements we're working on...

(Cynix) #81

My nVidia 8800 barely runs the game and loses nearly 100 fps from the post process “glow”

That your 5 year old nVidia card even has 100 fps to lose makes my ATI card sad.

Actually though, the 11.6 drivers literally doubled my FPS on all maps (5850). It’s far from great, but at least it doesn’t drop below playable rates now.

(Kurushi) #82

I’m on ATI and getting acceptable performance on a pretty old card :confused:

(Seiniyta) #83

I never said it was well optimized. I just said it wasn’t true that ALL Ati users have problems with the game. I’m fortunate maybe but remember, only the people that come here have issues, and since the only people that really talk about it is when it 'doesn’t work then it gives the impression that almost no ati user is able to play the game, which simply isn’t the case.

and you’re extravating a bit with your brother having a extremely powerful gaming pc with a ATI 5880, ATi is already in the 6xxxx series :p.

(HiGHJaCK) #84

[QUOTE=moЯstua;353954]after the **** they sold me, do I have to ask please when i ask something?

Do i have to censure my disappointment? This forum is the only way to press unprofessional devs.

when they will give me back my 30 euros i’ll say please when i ask something in this forum.

chris read what people think about you with goggles[/QUOTE]

Whats wrong with you. You get temp banned and now you are back, telling the same story over and over. Realy whats wrong with you that you cant move on and play something you like. Is your life so boring that you feel you have to share your boredom with us?
Do you have no friends you can bother so you bother us forum users?

If you would starting to work instead of sharing your boredom in this forum you would have earned 10 times more money than you have spend for this game.
So **** your 30 euros, stop whining and move on! PLEASE !!

(INF3RN0) #85

[QUOTE=Seiniyta;356386]

and you’re extravating a bit with your brother having a extremely powerful gaming pc with a ATI 5880, ATi is already in the 6xxxx series :p.[/QUOTE]

A top of the line card between 2 adjacent series lol? Not much of a difference. Any new/old game can be maxed out at a 23" native res without any performance issue at all. It is kind of silly that a game like Brink on an old engine and with mediocre graphics should run so poorly… the fact that the game was not well tested on PC accounts for a lot of problems, most of which were with ATI cards. Brink should have waaaaaaay less performance problems that it has, and I think your one of the lucky ones who doesn’t have issues. 80% of the people I know with ATI cards have major issues that were never resolved. Most just settled for 30fps or quit the game, as progress on the tech forums was really looking like a lost cause.

(Seiniyta) #86

The witcher 2 has a word with you regarding that :slight_smile:

The reason why Brink is so unoptimized is due the engine, they simply ‘abused’ the hell out of the IDTech4 engine to let it look pretty. And in my eyes Brink looks really good :slight_smile: the maps have alot of detail I don’t see in many other multiplayer maps. Makes me question if it wasn’t a better idea to spent that time on more maps then fewer very pretty maps.

(DonkeyDong) #87

[QUOTE=HiGHJaCK;356423]Whats wrong with you. You get temp banned and now you are back, telling the same story over and over. Realy whats wrong with you that you cant move on and play something you like. Is your life so boring that you feel you have to share your boredom with us?
Do you have no friends you can bother so you bother us forum users?

If you would starting to work instead of sharing your boredom in this forum you would have earned 10 times more money than you have spend for this game.
So **** your 30 euros, stop whining and move on! PLEASE !![/QUOTE]

You shut up Hijack. He’s expressing how everyone feels but hardly anyone says. I enjoy listening to people say things I won’t… soooo… youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu stfu.

Come back moЯstua.

FREE MORTUSA FREE MORTUSA FREE MORTUSA (protest)

(Gradis) #88

im sad i bought this off steam rather than retail. My wolfenstein coffee coaster needs cleaning and should be replaced.

(kilL_888) #89

why did the last patch increase my performance drastically then and not the oh so powerful 11.6 catalyst? the driver only increased performance a bit.

so, i guess the problem really is on both sides.

but other than the performance issues, the balancing issues are also a big priority that needs fixing, so im pleased that we have a statement here.

(Bittermetal) #90

[QUOTE=badman;351846]We’ve been looking into a few improvements and additions for Brink competitive play based on the feedback we’ve been seeing from you guys, as well as GreasedScotsman and the gang over at Brink TV. Among other things, this should alleviate some of the full hold issues and make the game a bit easier to follow for spectators.

Here are some of the things we’ve got in the works:

Stopwatch Spawn Times: We’re increasing the defenders’ spawn times in Stopwatch mode by 10 seconds across the board.

Steam IDs: We’re adding a new cvar listing the Steam IDs of all currently connected clients so you can verify their identities.

New Spectator HUD: The new HUD will show the status and progress of the current core objective, making it easier for spectators to see what’s going on.

Team Colors: Rather than having all the names be white in spectator mode, they’ll be colored by team (think red vs blue)

More Balancing: We are looking into a few other aspects of balancing, including specific spawn timers as well as weapon adjustments.

We’re planning to roll this stuff out as soon as everything is implemented and tested. Because it’s still a work-in-progress, there’s no specific date just yet, but we wanted to let you know that these bits are on the way.[/QUOTE]

Are there any demo/record features coming to the client side? Huge question from many and more…

(Cynix) #91

Are there any demo/record features coming to the client side? Huge question from many and more…

Based on the fact that it’s not listed I would say absolutely not. If there were any plans to add such a feature it certainly would have been placed near the top of that list.

(Crytiqal) #92

Stopwatch Spawn Times: We’re increasing the defenders’ spawn times in Stopwatch mode by 10 seconds across the board.
This should take about 10 seconds coding wise

Team Colors: Rather than having all the names be white in spectator mode, they’ll be colored by team (think red vs blue)
(Now that I read it, they only make a distinction for spectators? So players are still confused who is part of the team and who isnt)

Steam IDs: We’re adding a new cvar listing the Steam IDs of all currently connected clients so you can verify their identities.
This was already done a month ago, yet hadn’t been released

New Spectator HUD: The new HUD will show the status and progress of the current core objective, making it easier for spectators to see what’s going on.
Another improvement for spectators

More Balancing: We are looking into a few other aspects of balancing, including specific spawn timers as well as weapon adjustments.
Seems prosponing the game for a year didn’t help much in this department.

Public request:
First person spectator
Demo recording
Weapon spread narrowed
auto SMART OFF

As much as I like that you guys are working on patches, why don’t you address these issue’s we have been asking for since release?

(.Chris.) #93

[QUOTE=Crytiqal;357547]Public request:
First person spectator
Demo recording
Weapon spread narrowed
auto SMART OFF

As much as I like that you guys are working on patches, why don’t you address these issue’s we have been asking for since release?[/QUOTE]

Who says they aren’t?

(BomBaKlaK) #94

We ask it since the start ! they have to !
same for the crosshair custom !

and not even a little awnser from dev … not even a OK we understand or something else …
this heavy silence from SD is not a good for customers waiting for some awnser for years !
still no news about a patch coming with the DLC,

still waiting the “Data Link Connection”

(rushzone.com) #95

[QUOTE=Crytiqal;357547]Stopwatch Spawn Times: We’re increasing the defenders’ spawn times in Stopwatch mode by 10 seconds across the board.

(Now that I read it, they only make a distinction for spectators? So players are still confused who is part of the team and who isnt)

This was already done a month ago, yet hadn’t been released

Another improvement for spectators

Seems prosponing the game for a year didn’t help much in this department.

Public request:
First person spectator
Demo recording
Weapon spread narrowed
auto SMART OFF

As much as I like that you guys are working on patches, why don’t you address these issue’s we have been asking for since release?[/QUOTE]

Probably coming in a DLC called Basic features

(BMXer) #96

I think you guys are forgetting that these “improvements” are likely aimed at making the Quakecon Brink tournament better. All the stuff badman listed are clearly things SD needs to save face.

Imagine Brink being played in it’s current state at such a prestigious LAN event like Quakecon. Double full holds in every round. Matches determined by a coin flip! Potentially tens of thousands of people watching Brink live that have no clue what is going on. The game would look so horrifically bad on stream in its current state SD would never hear the end of it.

This stuff is the bare minimum SD needs to do so the game can actually get past the first round in a tournament environment. Just hope they release this stuff soon… qcon is getting close!

(BomBaKlaK) #97

Mouhahahahahahaha !! the good one of the day :wink:
free for 2 days and after 50 box to get the basic features !
in bonus a Leopard String skin for resistance and pinguin costume for security :stuck_out_tongue:

(Cynix) #98

You can actually already customize both the color and the opacity of the friendly and enemy names, so it makes sense that they are adding the ability only for spectators.

(DonkeyDong) #99

[QUOTE=Crytiqal;357547]Stopwatch Spawn Times: We’re increasing the defenders’ spawn times in Stopwatch mode by 10 seconds across the board.

[/QUOTE]

They have to pass the program change to their aunts and uncles and see if it did anything.

Or maybe they fired all the developers and have 1 guy working on the changes.

(OnceWasGreat) #100

The patch notes.

Public request:
First person spectator -> No
Demo recording -> No
Weapon spread narrowed -> No
auto SMART OFF -> No

But, hey, they “Fixed boat shaking for clients in CCity and Shipyard opening cinematics”.

Game over.