A few improvements we're working on...

(AKAMrSmiley) #21

No matter how good the updates are I doubt many people will even attempt to return to the game… I still have faith in Splash Damage though not Brink, think you should look past this failure and look towards your next title.

(tangoliber) #22

Thanks for the support. Please keep it up. Brink is a good game, and has a lot of potential.

(Rahabib) #23

it would have been better to get these out before the game died, or at least said you were going to do this about a month ago to keep the interest in the community…

however, its not necessarily too late for me. I really hope that the “balancing” of weapons makes them better not just nerfing a few them like last time. If you do this, and make the game reward skill with recoil rather than spraying, I am on board to return. The other improvements were really needed. /record should be high on you list as well.

The fact is, if you guys are serious about saving the game you worked so hard on for the last few years, your next order of business should be the SDK or opening up more tweaks to the servers (eg. weapon stat tweaks etc.)

Thanks for the heads up, Ill keep an eye on your developments.

(OnceWasGreat) #24

I disagree here. This game offer a very different gameplay from COD/bc and there are many players that like this team based gameplay.

I think that with the right fix Brink can recover many players and last for long time. Its “only” a matter of fix the game in the right direction for public play and competitive play.

But for sure we are on a hurry!

(TW Turtle55555) #25

I agree that this is all probably too late. However as the leader of the Brink Division in my clan, I will continue to try and get our squads a place to play competitive matches. GB has stunk from the begining. Where can I go to get my 3-4 teams signed up?

(Thundermuffin) #26

[QUOTE=OnceWasGreat;352301]I disagree here. This game offer a very different gameplay from COD/bc and there are many players that like this team based gameplay.

I think that with the right fix Brink can recover many players and last for long time. Its “only” a matter of fix the game in the right direction for public play and competitive play.

But for sure we are on a hurry![/QUOTE]

Lots of us love this style of play, but sadly there’s no reason to play BRINK over W:ET besides the ESL tournament and no one even seems to care about that.

Lots of people will probably return to try the DLC, but hardly any will stay to play. There’s just better games out there that have a more mature and lasting competitive scene.

(MorsTua) #27

for competitions u need some basic things:

stop, pause, record …referee
Spectator view
Less spread

(OnceWasGreat) #28

Well, in Europe (PC version) this evening there are 3 servers with players in (and servers not full).

Game over guys.

:frowning:

(MorsTua) #29

bah youre right

game over

i wont spend more words… its useless

(Ragoo) #30

well that’s all fine and dandy but a) there is still stuff that needs to be fixed like 1st person spectator, demos, spawn timer , a mother****ing SDK !!! etc (sry I didn’t play brink like one week after release cause it was such a disappointment, I forgot about most of the fails) and b) it’s simply too late, if you want to reanimate the game you have to fix most of the issues at once and not some small stuff … to sum it up: too little too late

(MorsTua) #31

everyone of us is saying same things

stop, pause, record, referee, spectator view…

And they ignore us so far. It seems to talk to walls
they are facing a epic fail and they keep acting like they made the best sellers game…

Bah! are we masokist?
we are telling them how to do and they ignore their customers …
servers are empty BUT… we are wrong
THEY are right !!!

Badman keep working on your “idea” of perfect game.
As i already said in another thread, since quakewars you make games that only please yourselves
woldn’t be a problem if u didnt rob your customers with this fail game

Isnt a fail game? Well tell me how u call a game with 2 servers in all europe and they arent even full
What do we have to do to make you understand? Paint it?

We will paint it… Otherwise if u DONT WANT TO UNDERSTAND, JUST SAY IT SO WE DONT WASTE OUR TIME

(OnceWasGreat) #32

Well tbh you will be able to spectate red bots vs blue bots in a while! (in 3rd person…)

:tongue:

(etwolfmod) #33

Probably mentioned by now, but wouldnt it give Brink a big boost if it was one of the main competitive games this quakecon?

(MorsTua) #34

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(orchid*) #35

I think there is a problem, I refresh and the servers are empty.

There are more people connected on the forum that playing in the server…

(MorsTua) #36

[QUOTE=orchid*;352391]I think there is a problem, I refresh and the servers are empty.

There are more people connected on the forum that playing in the server…[/QUOTE]

keep refreshing
there must be a problem with your connection

this is a best seller its impossible servers are empty"!

(orchid*) #37

i reinstalled W:ET (8 years old) and there is much more people playing than brink , why?

(MorsTua) #38

dont waste time asking them why… if they realized why they wouldnt make brink like they did :smiley:

(Impulse_) #39

[QUOTE=MorsTua;352378]everyone of us is saying same things

stop, pause, record, referee, spectator view…

And they ignore us so far. It seems to talk to walls
they are facing a epic fail and they keep acting like they made the best sellers game…

Bah! are we masokist?
we are telling them how to do and they ignore their customers …
servers are empty BUT… we are wrong
THEY are right !!!

Badman keep working on your “idea” of perfect game.
As i already said in another thread, since quakewars you make games that only please yourselves
woldn’t be a problem if u didnt rob your customers with this fail game

Isnt a fail game? Well tell me how u call a game with 2 servers in all europe and they arent even full
What do we have to do to make you understand? Paint it?

We will paint it… Otherwise if u DONT WANT TO UNDERSTAND, JUST SAY IT SO WE DONT WASTE OUR TIME[/QUOTE]

Exactly… From day 1 we have been giving suggestions and Holly hit the nail right on the head… He made a post nearly a month ago with the fixes needed to fix the game and NOW SD decides to implement a few of them with leaving out 1st person view and demo recording. Greasedscotsman and a bunch of us recorded multiple scrimmages with the 10 second spawn time changes in effect and 2 patches later they make an announcement to do something about it…

The best part about it is this game is at Quakecon this year and SD still draggin there a$$. I lost all hope for this company.

(OnceWasGreat) #40

[QUOTE=Impulse_;352409]
The best part about it is this game is at Quakecon this year and SD still draggin there a$$. I lost all hope for this company.[/QUOTE]

Yes you cant even pause the game lol!

Btw i lost my hope too. :frowning: