Yay, my first Doom 3 map

(zakabog) #1

I was getting tired of playing the same maps over and over so I made one of my own, http://www.mygamesters.com/~banshee/mygarena.pk4

It still feels like it’s “incomplete” since i don’t know many people to test the map out for me, so please do that lol.

(Kuroshi) #2

I love the placement of the berserk.

(ordo) #3

no comments Zombie13?

(Zombie13) #4

yup I tried it, I ran through the map the other day then came online to post a reply then decided I smelt bad, had a shower and fealt sleepy :o

But,

Its not a bad layout fun to roam around in, it only really has technical issues which should be easy to fix with a bit of elbow grease, the major issue is to many light volumes overlapping each other, that really brings down your fps a lot if you made your lights bigger to cover more area you wouldnt need so many lights, hence stopping over lapping.

But keep your head up sooner or later you will be making maps llike Wils :smiley:

Zombie

(ordo) #5

He has spoken

(zakabog) #6

lol, thanks for the comments. I’ve been at quake con the past few days, wish I could just host and have people download from the server when they connect. Man this event is so much fun… people screaming bukkake at like 5 AM trading bawls (the official currency of quake con) for like shirts and stuff lol. Anyway, I tried fixing the lights so many times, I either get weird shadows with a few huge lights, or I get a bunch of small lights and crappy fps :-/

(lo) #7

WANT A Quick WAY to start doom3 iN MP mode & your custom MAP!
MAKE A new shortcut to DOOM3. RENAME it DOOM3 MP. RIGHT click it & in the PROPERTES ITS
some THING LIKE THIS . “?:\Program Files\Doom 3\Doom3.exe”. ADD this LINE +spawnserver
SO IT LOOKS LIKE THIS. “?:\Program Files\Doom 3\Doom3.exe” +spawnserver NOW you can Go STRAIT to your MAP
WITH HAVING to TYPE DEV this SI_ THAT
NOTE ME SimplePatcher0 Only made this little exe fix to save time RUNNING from EDITORE GAME (map testing)
PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME FOR BUILDS OR SCRIPT SHAKERS THAY ARE HANDLED BY OTHERS CHEERES