Would you play "TURBO MODE" version of DB?

(TheStrangerous) #1

Or “DB on Steroids”. as I’d like to call it?

• No ADS
  • No sprinting at the cost of faster movement speed
  • Consistent spread without blooming, no matter the movement/position

I really love running and gunning, and I’m thankful for DB choosing this path (member the slow paced CoD version from 2013? EEEewww…). But one can dream for more arcadeyness…

(x3onn) #2

Enemy Territory is that you?!

(Press E) #3

I’d personally love to have more game modes like this to mess around in.
I can see some people avoiding it because they wouldn’t want to get too used to something different, but I’d say it would be awesome for everyone else.

(GatoCommodore) #4

sounds cool fam but i dont know how to balance the guns if it were to happen

(ImSploosh) #5

I’d like to play it, but would hate DB if it turned into that. There’s too many games out there already like that (and they do it well at that). There’s no game quite like DB in terms of movement speed. The feel is just completely different from any game I’ve played- TF2, CS:GO, CoD, Unreal Tournament, Battlefield, etc.

I would definitely love to see all types of gamemodes like how TF2 has servers with some strange alterations, including some insane movement speed!

(TheStrangerous) #6

@GatoCommodore said:
sounds cool fam but i dont know how to balance the guns if it were to happen

Look at their Quake/UT equivalent?

(Nail) #7

Quake Arena

Hmm. I guess I’d tried it, but DB is DB, dude.

(doxjq) #9

I’d play some kind of DB turbo but not really the version you suggest.

I’d love to be able to move 100% speed while shooting, but I wouldn’t want to remove ADS’ing. If I had my way, spread wouldn’t be a thing. I’d balance guns by range (aka different drop off distances), recoil and rate of fire. I have no problem with recoil being a thing, but random spread really bugs me. It shouldn’t be possible that one person can aim better but lose the battle because rng.

Unpopular opinion about spread, yeah I know. But coming from 15+ years of Quake (spread didn’t exist in Quake before Quake Champions at least) I’m too accustomed to the player with better aim and positioning coming off better. That’s how it should be as far as I’m concerned.

Edit: I also don’t believe in one size fits all. If I had my way custom sights would be a thing in Dirty Bomb. Nothing too crazy, but the ability to add red dots or holo sights + being able to change the colour of their reticles to most guns to create custom loadouts.

(kopyright) #10

UT’s mutators, anyone?

(Artyrim) #11

I don’t know that you talk about because I’m always on turbo xD
I used to play Quake a lot so I ended playing here mostly with a Shotgun Proxy. When you are drunk is the most fun playstyle

(TheStrangerous) #12

@kopyright said:
UT’s mutators, anyone?

Left 4 Dead 2 had?/has? weekly mutators, to spice up the monotony.

(kopyright) #13

@TheStrangerous said:

@kopyright said:
UT’s mutators, anyone?

Left 4 Dead 2 had?/has? weekly mutators, to spice up the monotony.

A couple of mutator servers would indeed be a nice addition.

(bgyoshi) #14

No