Winter Event Debacle


(Major_Slapnuts) #1

So to further add insult to injury, I log on today and get a notice the winter event is over and all my unused cheer got converted to money.

I was mad that there was not proper notice ending the event last week. I was grinding for the 15,000 cheer package and the event ended earlier then the dirty bomb said it would. I lost almost 12,000 cheer. They ended the event last week but didn’t let anyone use their cheer after the event like usual.

I have been mad about it for a whole week and I log on today and they announce the winter event is over, a week late.

unprofessional rat bastages


(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #2

This happened to me in a past event(not as much as yours), so now I spend special currency as fast as i can get it.


(Mc1412013) #3

@Major_Slapnuts said:
They ended the event last week but didn’t let anyone use their cheer after the event like usual.
They should give atleast a week before killing the credits. Although i do remember seeing jan 4 as the cut off somewhere.


(Major_Slapnuts) #4

I got the end notice today, like they thought we still had our cheer and could spend it.


(Major_Slapnuts) #5


(Nail) #6

your inability to read will likely be a problem throughout the rest of your life, try reading announcements


(Major_Slapnuts) #7

I’m already old and successful.


(Nail) #8

and yet you can’t read


(Major_Slapnuts) #9

That is true, I cant read very well. I can count on 1 hand the books I have read.
I do go to bed thinking, I may not be able to read very well, but, thank god I’m not Canadian!


(Nail) #10

trust me, all of Canada agrees


(pumpkinmeerkat) #11

The event message showed again for me with the extra ranked points announcement this week. Just a bug, you’ll live.


(Meerkats) #12

Given that this is the best event Splash Damage has ever hosted, I would hardly call it a debacle. I feel for you, but this is entirely on you.

@Major_Slapnuts said:
That is true, I cant read very well. I can count on 1 hand the books I have read.
I do go to bed thinking, I may not be able to read very well, but, thank god I’m not Canadian!
Oooooooohhhh, burnnnnnnnnn?

I don’t even fucking know anymore.


(Mc1412013) #13

@Meerkats said:
Given that this is the best event Splash Damage has ever hosted, I would hardly call it a debacle. I feel for you, but this is entirely on you.

@Major_Slapnuts said:
That is true, I cant read very well. I can count on 1 hand the books I have read.
I do go to bed thinking, I may not be able to read very well, but, thank god I’m not Canadian!
Oooooooohhhh, burnnnnnnnnn?

I don’t even @$!# know anymore.

Na it was the worst event ever no fn boosters lol j.k still have a few weapons cases i cant open


(Major_Slapnuts) #14

@Meerkats said:
Given that this is the best event Splash Damage has ever hosted, I would hardly call it a debacle. I feel for you, but this is entirely on you.

  1. They announced it would run from December 19 to January 4th. They ended it at 4 in the morning on January 4th. You had to check social media to know exactly when it would be stopped.
  2. For the first time, in any event I’ve ever played, they didn’t let you spend your reward after the event was over.

10 percent my fault 90 percent their fault


(K1X455) #15

I was able to grind for 15kcheers once. Hard climb and took a lot of patience. It was kinda meh but not too shabby. was able to get 3 gold trinkets, opened a few weapon crates (highly disappointing) and a Christmas locked box. Oh well… better luck next year (If I’ll still be around).


(Teflon Love) #16

To sum up the feedback for SD:

  1. The Nuclear Winter event basically was great.
  2. Next time add a countdown.
  3. Next time add a period of about a week after the event where people can still spend their event currency.
  4. Fix the bug with the end of event announcement popping up a week after the fact.

Can we get over this now?


(K1X455) #17

@teflonlove said:
Can we get over this now?

But, but… 12000 credits…


(Jan S.) #18

@Major_Slapnuts said:

@Meerkats said:
Given that this is the best event Splash Damage has ever hosted, I would hardly call it a debacle. I feel for you, but this is entirely on you.

  1. They announced it would run from December 19 to January 4th. They ended it at 4 in the morning on January 4th. You had to check social media to know exactly when it would be stopped.
  2. For the first time, in any event I’ve ever played, they didn’t let you spend your reward after the event was over.

10 percent my fault 90 percent their fault

  1. Yes, they could’ve announced it in a better way, but
  2. They only let you spend your ranked points after season is over, I don’t know about any event that let you spend event currency after it was over, it always just ended and currency was transferred to credits.

(MuddyGrenade) #19

@Major_Slapnuts said:
That is true, I cant read very well. I can count on 1 hand the books I have read.
I do go to bed thinking, I may not be able to read very well, but, thank god I’m not Canadian!

What’s wrong with maple syrup, aye?
(I’m so sorry @Nail )


(ThePigVomit) #20

@K1X455 said:
I was able to grind for 15kcheers once. Hard climb and took a lot of patience. It was kinda meh but not too shabby. was able to get 3 gold trinkets, opened a few weapon crates (highly disappointing) and a Christmas locked box. Oh well… better luck next year (If I’ll still be around).

I did the same exact thing. Was thinking about the 5 case bundle but…TRINKETS…

Prox, Jav, and Guard. Got 2 javs, a guard, a thunda, and a rhino all descent from rewards/drops/regular cases so i figured RNJesus was done with me so i went for sure things and weap case keys. Even got a pristine guard pistol out of it.

All in all, top notch event!