Why no communication SD?

(Shinigami) #21

[QUOTE=badman;376692]Just to confirm that weapon balancing are being worked on for all platforms as we’ve said a few times in various posts. PC’s getting an extra helping of tweaks here to move that version of the game closer to what a lot of you have been suggesting in your feedback in regards to accuracy and spread.

The clan update teased on the Brink site is also still in the works and that’ll naturally come with another round of game updates to plug everything in. Don’t have any more information on those bits to share at the moment but expect more as that content moves closer to the finish line.[/QUOTE]

Badman, posts like this come a long way. please understand that. the dynamic you guys have right now is just not good. communication between SD and its fan becomes even more and more scarce with time. Even worse, you guys only divulge informations when you are asked directly. This has to change. You (SD) need to be ‘friendlier’ with you fans (customers!). I remember Zipper the company, that wasn’t the best run company out there, but even they released a weekly podcast, usually 30 minutes long, about everything: past, present, and future, of the company/game. They would talk about what they were working on, on what they planned to work on, on what was on the to-do list, the future of the company in terms of more games/sequels etc. Even if you don’t do a podcast, a weekly blog update seems very appropriate.

on a side note, when you guys cut all support for brink, will you directly announce it, rather than just leaving us to find out on our own?

(RabidAnubis) #22

[QUOTE=Shinigami;376844]Badman, posts like this come a long way. please understand that. the dynamic you guys have right now is just not good. communication between SD and its fan becomes even more and more scarce with time. Even worse, you guys only divulge informations when you are asked directly. This has to change. You (SD) need to be ‘friendlier’ with you fans (customers!). I remember Zipper the company, that wasn’t the best run company out there, but even they released a weekly podcast, usually 30 minutes long, about everything: past, present, and future, of the company/game. They would talk about what they were working on, on what they planned to work on, on what was on the to-do list, the future of the company in terms of more games/sequels etc. Even if you don’t do a podcast, a weekly blog update seems very appropriate.

on a side note, when you guys cut all support for brink, will you directly announce it, rather than just leaving us to find out on our own?[/QUOTE]

I agree with a podcast idea. Maybe bi-weekly though, every week would be a hassle.

Cover common questions (Without having to answer individual ones of the same thing over and over)
Cover what your updating.
Cover what you are doing next.
Cover common suggestions.

I think people who play with small gaming companies like this one support the truth rather than sugary statements. People who go with uber large companies like the sugary statements more. If you guys said you wouldn’t support Brink anymore I would be happier because at least I knew to stop suggesting things on the forums. XD

<3 you SD!

And it might be a good idea to catalog your posts somewhere.

(BROTOX) #23

Beyond the clan thing and weapons tweaks I don’t really see anything else for Brink. That is alright with me. I’ve been playing the game too much and need a break from it anyway. Good thing Dead Island comes out tomorrow.

(BioSnark) #24

Three months really isn’t long measured against the lifespan of SD’s previous games, particularly Wolf:ET. With a design focus less tilted toward accessibility and more time, they could have gotten a significant and dedicated player base out of the initial sales numbers. I doubt the “we eat cod” map graffiti was meant as a self deprecating joke.

(McAfee) #25

Don’t you just love it when you ask someone a simple question, and they simply stay quiet. I mean, some might address the question, and not necessarily answer it, but at least you don’t feel like you are talking to a wall…

I’ll say it again, in case they’ve been missing it for the past 4 months:
Where is the LINUX DEDICATED SERVER?

(zenstar) #26

[QUOTE=McAfee;376934]Don’t you just love it when you ask someone a simple question, and they simply stay quiet. I mean, some might address the question, and not necessarily answer it, but at least you don’t feel like you are talking to a wall…

I’ll say it again, in case they’ve been missing it for the past 4 months:
Where is the LINUX DEDICATED SERVER?[/QUOTE]

Same cupboard as the SDK and Female models.

Yeah. It’d be nice if they would just come out and state “SDK: Yes/No/Maybe/Later. Linux Servers: Yes/No/Maybe/Later. Future DLC: Yes/No/Maybe/Later.” but previous communique has been limited in focus and without hints to anything really positive for the longevity of the game.

(tangoliber) #27

I actually think that SD has been communicating a lot… In most every game, people are complaining afterwards about the frequency or lack of updates and lack of communication. SD, however, has been pretty good about communication.

My only complaint is that they seem to be out of touch with what the console players want. I think the console players on this forum made a mistake in not complaining enough, to be honest. It seems to me that they really think only PC players wanted more accurate weapons…thus, PC may be getting more significant weapon tweaks. But a lot of the people in the “Reduce the Spread” topic were console players. It wasn’t just a PC thing.
By voicing our support of the game, I think we gave SD the wrong impression, and they thought that we wouldn’t welcome those weapon changes.

But, I guess I don’t need to complain, because I’m abandoning ship. No, I’m not leaving Brink… I’m moving to the PC version when my laptop comes in next week. :slight_smile:

(tangoliber) #28

I actually think that SD has been communicating a lot… In most every game, people are complaining afterwards about the frequency or lack of updates and lack of communication. SD, however, has been pretty good about communication.

My only complaint is that they seem to be out of touch with what the console players want. I think the console players on this forum made a mistake in not complaining enough, to be honest. It seems to me that they really think only PC players wanted more accurate weapons…thus, PC may be getting more significant weapon tweaks. But a lot of the people in the “Reduce the Spread” topic were console players. It wasn’t just a PC thing.
By voicing our support of the game, I think we gave SD the wrong impression, and they thought that we wouldn’t welcome those weapon changes.

But, I guess I don’t need to complain, because I’ll being playing on the PC version as well, starting next week. :slight_smile:

(.Chris.) #29

They clearly stated many times before as to why they are no female models and that they wont be any made.

(zenstar) #30

[QUOTE=tangoliber;376964]I actually think that SD has been communicating a lot… In most every game, people are complaining afterwards about the frequency or lack of updates and lack of communication. SD, however, has been pretty good about communication.

But, I guess I don’t need to complain, because I’ll being playing on the PC version as well, starting next week. :)[/QUOTE]

They’ve been very quiet compared to other more chatty companies and some of the comminucations that have come through have been very business-like. Not what people expect from SD and obviously some people think their communication is not up to par otherwise this thread would not have been made.

I know :slight_smile: it was an underhanded comment about the availability of the SDK and Linux servers.

(Tandem) #31

Updates for a double-digit player-base is worse than Brink itself.
Throw in a good decision every once in a while, mix it up.

(Shinigami) #32

[QUOTE=Shinigami;376844]Badman, posts like this come a long way. please understand that. the dynamic you guys have right now is just not good. communication between SD and its fan becomes even more and more scarce with time. Even worse, you guys only divulge informations when you are asked directly. This has to change. You (SD) need to be ‘friendlier’ with you fans (customers!). I remember Zipper the company, that wasn’t the best run company out there, but even they released a weekly podcast, usually 30 minutes long, about everything: past, present, and future, of the company/game. They would talk about what they were working on, on what they planned to work on, on what was on the to-do list, the future of the company in terms of more games/sequels etc. Even if you don’t do a podcast, a weekly blog update seems very appropriate.

on a side note, when you guys cut all support for brink, will you directly announce it, rather than just leaving us to find out on our own?[/QUOTE]

How naive of me to think that I would get a reply for that post :confused:

(.Chris.) #33

Stop asking silly questions then, it’s very rare for developers to shout from the roof tops that they are cutting support for their games…

If you think SD are quiet, try following an average Nintendo game, least SD do communicate directly with their audience.

(Shinigami) #34

[QUOTE=.Chris.;377204]Stop asking silly questions then, it’s very rare for developers to shout from the roof tops that they are cutting support for their games…

If you think SD are quiet, try following an average Nintendo game, least SD do communicate directly with their audience.[/QUOTE]

Im sorry but how is that a silly question? plenty of developers announce when they are ready to move on to their next project. and my previous post wasn’t just that question. i also made a very valid suggestion on how to improve communication. If you think that the communication from SD is good then maybe I’m not the one that needs to visit other forums.

(ArkRebel) #35

Clan-support? Awesome! Glad to hear that :smiley:
I will try to help build up a new Brink-Squad from my old ET-clan… (for funwars)
Just hope the ‘crouch-bug’ will be fixed to in the next patch… (only thing in the game-client that I have a problem with)

(NthLegion) #36

Why does this keep getting treated as a PC only issue? Console players have repeatedly asked for increased accuracy/decreased spread as well.

(DarkangelUK) #37

It seems those speaking for console on here think the game is perfectly fine as it is.

(L00fah) #38

I’m a console player… This statement is false. Don’t generalize.
The PC community has their share of ignoramuses doing the same thing.

(DarkangelUK) #39

Yeah you’re right, it’s the loud one/s that you allow to do the talking for you that give that impression.

(tangoliber) #40

I haven’t seen any console players ask to keep the large spreads. I think everyone would love to have increased accuracy. I only see PC players saying that console players need large spreads.