Why is the PDP-70 getting repeated nerfs?

(Matuno) #21

Because the PDP in the right hands would become an all-purpose and pretty darn overpowered weapon. I have a gold PDP setup for both Vassili and RedEye, and one RedEye I become nigh unstoppable.

The nerf was deserved, the PDP was far too potent at taking out large groups from nearly any range.

(ProfPlump) #22

[quote=“Matuno;87290”]Because the PDP in the right hands would become an all-purpose and pretty darn overpowered weapon. I have a gold PDP setup for both Vassili and RedEye, and one RedEye I become nigh unstoppable.

The nerf was deserved, the PDP was far too potent at taking out large groups from nearly any range.[/quote]

I play the game a lot, and I don’t think I’ve ever noticed myself or my team being dominated by someone with a PDP… Or dominated by any Redeye loadout whatsoever.

(Vaasref) #23

Doesn’t that fact confirm that the nerf was a good thing ?

Because when a sniper which is a single person, can dominate a team, that probably mean something is unbalanced, don’t you think ?

(god1) #24

[quote=“Vaasref;87649”]Doesn’t that fact confirm that the nerf was a good thing ?

Because when a sniper which is a single person, can dominate a team, that probably mean something is unbalanced, don’t you think ?[/quote]

PDP-70 has nothing to do with Vassili’s dominance and Red Eye never dominated in the first place.

(ProfPlump) #25

[quote=“Vaasref;87649”]Doesn’t that fact confirm that the nerf was a good thing ?

Because when a sniper which is a single person, can dominate a team, that probably mean something is unbalanced, don’t you think ?[/quote]

No, I’m sayhing that I never noticed the PDP being overpowered BEFORE the nerf. I barely see it at all now, but before when it was an all-round stronger weapon it never seemed overpowered at all. If anything it was still a little underpowered.

That said, the insta-gib was most definitely OP. The firerate and mag sizes were definitely not.

(Matuno) #26

[quote=“ProfPlump;87730”][quote=“Vaasref;87649”]Doesn’t that fact confirm that the nerf was a good thing ?

No, I’m sayhing that I never noticed the PDP being overpowered BEFORE the nerf. I barely see it at all now, but before when it was an all-round stronger weapon it never seemed overpowered at all. If anything it was still a little underpowered.

That said, the insta-gib was most definitely OP. The firerate and mag sizes were definitely not.[/quote]

It doesn’t see much use because most players can’t properly play with it. As stated by Amerika earlier, when used aggressively it absolutely shreds people with hardly any chance of retaliating. Most people use a low mouse sensitivity and can’t turn/track at close range, but the few that can (and have decent aim) can even take out a Rhino face-to-face.

(RoboLawyer) #27

[quote=“Matuno;87752”][quote=“ProfPlump;87730”][quote=“Vaasref;87649”]Doesn’t that fact confirm that the nerf was a good thing ?

That said, the insta-gib was most definitely OP. The firerate and mag sizes were definitely not.[/quote]

It doesn’t see much use because most players can’t properly play with it. As stated by Amerika earlier, when used aggressively it absolutely shreds people with hardly any chance of retaliating. Most people use a low mouse sensitivity and can’t turn/track at close range, but the few that can (and have decent aim) can even take out a Rhino face-to-face.[/quote]

Exactly what I wanted to say. I went from hating the PDP, to loving it to death. The PDP is perfect for my play style: aggressive-mobile sniping, and sometimes even CQC (close quarters combat).

(HadronZodiac) #28

@neverplayseriou said:
If these people aim for the head why are they then even using a pdp when the moa is one shot kill (except rhino) on headshots…?

The only reason to take the pdp is to spray down people. @omegaskorpion

Actually, the PDP (if it wasnt such crap now) is still used for sniping, it’s just the forgivingness that it has thats liked.

(SiwaonaDaphnewen) #29

Why do you revive 3 year old threads? This is not the first one already.

(HadronZodiac) #30

@SiwaonaDaphnewen said:
Why do you revive 3 year old threads? This is not the first one already.

I search up a topic, read and reply, like anyone would kid :slight_smile:

(SiwaonaDaphnewen) #31

If you have something constructive to say on subject it is much better to start new thread.

Not revive really really old one. It is poitnless. This one is likely to get closed just like this thread

or this one http://forums.dirtybomb.com/discussion/37221/mk46-weak
all revived by you.

You not only revive them, but also reply to somebody’s quotes made YEARS ago. The subject may have been changed so many times by now.

Am I right @Eox ?

(Eox) #32

You are right. If the thread is older than two week it’s better to make a new one, because the content of the thread you are posting into might not be up to date. Also it keeps the forums fresh with new threads. It’s actually explained in the community rules :

“Before posting a comment please make sure that the thread you’re going to post in isn’t already dead. Bringing back old threads isn’t something appreciated as they can contain very outdated information. Also, we want to keep the forums sustained with fresh threads most of the time. If you see that one thread hasn’t received any comments for two weeks, please make a new one. We can accept a thread necro from time to time if you are the OP, depending on what it is.”

closing.