Why is my FPS so bad on a good machine?

(Mateos) #21

r_primitives 2 if I’m not wrong (I think), also be sure to have up to date drivers (try stable and beta).

(ayatollah) #22

Thank you! I have set r_primitives to 2 and it is “better”. I can get a stable 76 fps, but if left uncapped it varies wildly. But I suppose it’s better than before so I’m happy enough!

(Dragonji) #23

You can also try to disable Catalyst AI and enable Triple Buffering for ET.exe in your CCC and force ET to run on 1 CPU core only.

You might also try ET: Legacy client.

(diaboliksmart) #24

Hello
In “task manager”, try to run ET.exe process on a dedicated core (affinity), with high priority.
I have blocked 76 FPS with a Pentium4 and an AGP video-card (nVidia 7600GT), zero over-clocking, on my 2005’ computer…

Try it ayatollah lol xD

Other tip, don’t use last video-drivers, try older ones.

Have-you got peer-to-peer program or bitTorrent running in background ???
V55

(Mateos) #25

This is for the V-Sync, and it would limit his FPS, isn’t it?

(Dragonji) #26

Yah, my bad, it is for V-sync.

(ayatollah) #27

[QUOTE=diaboliksmart;489358]Hello
In “task manager”, try to run ET.exe process on a dedicated core (affinity), with high priority.
I have blocked 76 FPS with a Pentium4 and an AGP video-card (nVidia 7600GT), zero over-clocking, on my 2005’ computer…

Try it ayatollah lol xD
[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I did this and was able to get between 150-200 fps, I just capped it to 125. Bit of a pain in the ass though to do that every time. :confused:

(Mateos) #28

There’s a software called ETAffinity afair:
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/23181-Running-ET-on-X-cores

(diaboliksmart) #29

Waoaoao 200 FPS … xD I must think about changing my PC so … :smiley:

Have fun ayatollah !

@Mateos: merci mec, gonna try this automatic software (does-it make 'high-priority" also ?)

(Mateos) #30

Nope, only the number of cores you want to launch the game on :slight_smile:

(zbzero) #31

[QUOTE=diaboliksmart;489367]Waoaoao 200 FPS … xD I must think about changing my PC so … :smiley:

Have fun ayatollah !

@Mateos: merci mec, gonna try this automatic software (does-it make 'high-priority" also ?)[/QUOTE]

you think that is too much??

(twt_thunder) #32

Added it to our downloads to inside a rar archive … smartscreen screams virus else on this file :smiley:
http://www.thewolfteam.org/download.php?view.57

(Dragonji) #33

[QUOTE=zbzero;489493]you think that is too much??

[/QUOTE]
Perma connection interrupted. Anything above 200 is useless.

(zbzero) #34

only above 500 give me this.

(Mateos) #35

May depend on how many packets the server can send to the client or something related, plus connection quality?

(diaboliksmart) #36

Is it “supply depot” ?

(Mateos) #37

Heh yes, the hill in the front-left of the Barn spawn of Allies, in front of the Forward Bunker of Axis :slight_smile:

(diaboliksmart) #38

Thx Mateos, will upload soon my screenshot with my 2005’ computer :armadillo :

But OFC without “Connection interrupted” :smiley:

(zbzero) #39

i use 125 fps caped (com_maxfps 125) ingame, it was just an experience, i just unlimit (com_maxfps 0) it to check how big it can goes :slight_smile:

(acQu) #40

How did you know that :smiley: Saved me, because i had the same problem. I assume it is some driver thing, because i lately installed recent ati drivers.