Who Voiced Brink?

(Vaporman) #1

What voice talent is used in this game? Anyone that we may have heard elsewhere? (TV, other games, radio)

(Iur'Tae'Mont) #2

Patrck Steward
Christopher Walken
Liam Neelson
Morgan Freeman
and Burt Reynalds

Seriously though, I tried googling it and found nothing, except something about how some Voice actors used different accents instead of one voice actor per voice. And one PC player complaining about how only 16 players can play BRINK.

(darthmob) #3

All I remember from interviews is that they tried to find native people to record the different accents.

(Mad Hatter) #4

You forgot Gilbert Gottfried, Billy West, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Dave Chappelle. :slight_smile:

(amazinglarry) #5

I remember back in the days with Warcraft 1 & 2 etc when the dudes at Blizzard did their own voice acting, and I thought it was the greatest thing in the world (mainly because they did such an awesome job) and would be satisfied knowing SD did their own…

But in the days with Games competing with movies and other media etc, I wouldn’t be surprised if they paid some exorbitant amount of money for some voice actor to be like “I’M GOING… TO OUR… COHMAAAAND POOST!”

(DoctorPazuzu) #6

I heard someone say Hugh Laurie and George Clooney could be in there as well.

(Iur'Tae'Mont) #7

Didn’t forget them, just hoped they would go away. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Bongoboy) #8

These answers are so vivid and compelling, I now feel it would be a shame to detail the actual voice actors : )

(Bullveyr) #9

The janitor and the pizza delivery guy? :penguin:

(Herandar) #10

Heh. Bongoboy uses the edit field like I do! Two cheers for overly detailed responses!

(Nail) #11

Think of it as extra value free consonants/vowels.

is there V.A.T. on that ?

(DarkangelUK) #12

All I care about is, if there’s a Scottish accent, please let it be voiced by an actual Scotsman! (not a fake one like digibob)

(Herandar) #13

Now this makes me very intrigued about this topic.

(Jim_di_Griz) #14

Quite a while after release but as I tried to find a list on the web today…and couldn’t. So I did some digging around and decided to post it up here. None of them are even credited on iMDb’s page for Brink - only Nonso Anozie who voiced Capt Mokoena.

Here are the rest - if anyone is interested.

Damien O’Hare - played Lt Gillette (Pirates of the Carribean) plus lots of UK TV
Ray Shell - Mostly stage and US TV work
Alec Newman - Played Paul Atreides in the TV version of Dune, plus lots of other series in the US and UK
Jimmy Akingbola - Amongst others, Holby City, The Bill and Rev.
David Yip - lots of stuff
Dhafer L’Abidine - Casualty and quite a few other things, Sex in the City 2
Ryan McCluskey - Soaps plus vid games, Resident Evil, Killzone 2 (voice of Dante Garza)
Richie Campbell - Soaps plus vid games