Which old multiplayers games should go F2P?

(TheStrangerous) #1

Shower thoughts, since Brink gone F2P out of desperation…

What if some older multiplayer games got a revival like that? Any wishes?

I personally would love to see any of Splinter Cell games’ multiplayer, “Spies vs Mercs” to get one. Never got a chance to try out. Since I love stealth games (the ones where you’re an agile as ninja and hide in the shadows).

!
! By the way, speaking of Spies vs Mercs, what happened to “Project Stealth” I discovered years ago?
! Oh… https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/690427392/project-stealth-stealth-action-multiplayer-on-pc

Hmm. Anything really old like the first Far Cry, maybe the first Killing Floor game despite it still being pretty active, some old UT games, first 2 Fallout games, etc. Maybe I’m cheap, but I think it’s ridiculous to spend more than 5-10 bucks on some games that are now more than a decade old. My perspective has less to do with ‘reviving’ a game and more about my issue with these publishers milking in extra cash. I don’t think making something free can make a game suck less.

(TheStrangerous) #3

COJ: Bound In Blood looked like an interesting cowboy multiplayer.

Sure, I did play huge chunk of FoF, but the slow paced nature and questionable balance decisions as of late, has discouraged me.

Do you like Fistful of Frags? Fun, old-school western shooter. Played it a few years back and it seemed to have a fairly big community. Pretty sure it was a Half Life mod’ or somethin’.

Wait, you probably just answered my own question if that’s what you meant by FoF. I thought it was pretty cool and figured I’d mention it because you like westerns. I only put about 50 hours or so into it, though. Red Dead is probably the best western game I’ve played if you ever play on consoles. Also, surprisingly after all these years I’ve never touched any Splinter Cell or Tom Clancy games. Always thought I should so maybe I’ll give Rainbow Siege a go.

(TheStrangerous) #5

@Wintergreen said:
Do you like Fistful of Frags? Fun, old-school western shooter. Played it a few years back and it seemed to have a fairly big community. Pretty sure it was a Half Life mod’ or somethin’.

Yeah, that’s the one I mentioned.

@Wintergreen said:
Red Dead is probably the best western game I’ve played if you ever play on consoles.

Yeah, it was great for it’s time. But I found the multiplayer too unbalanced (These semi automatic pistols and other weaponry ugh…)

Such a shame R* is too busy nickel and dime idiotic consumerbase and whalers, with shark cards in their pay-to-win GTA: Online (same thing will guarantee to happen with RDR2). Instead of preserving RDR’s legacy with a PC release + Mod support.

Trust me, I tried playing that game on my PS3 (Nowadays devolved into Youtube streaming device/Blu Ray player for movies I have) but I can’t stand abysmal performance and aiming with controller… :s

(watsyurdeal) #6

BF2142…oh my God I miss that game

(TitaniumRapture) #7

No idea since i can usually buy all old games on steam with great discount while in sale.

(GatoCommodore) #8

@watsyurdeal said:
dude, walkers…

dude…

(TheStrangerous) #9

@watsyurdeal said:

Actually there’s BF2142 revive project.
https://bl2142.co/

(Mc1412013) #10

All the gamez